(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Luo Guangquan was a Falun Gong practitioner from Songzi City, Hubei Province. She endured brutal abuse for six years and died in August 2005. Prior to her death, the local 610 Office officials had persecuted her relentlessly.

Ms. Luo's daughter, Hu Jiqin, is also a practitioner and has faced illegal treatment for a long time. Ms. Hu is a businesswoman from Beijing. She was illegally arrested by Songzi police officers in Beijing, then escorted back to Songzi in March 2008. Currently, Ms. Hu is being "illegally detained" in the First Detention Center of Songzi City.

Ms. Luo Guangquan, 69, lived in Jieheshi Town, Songzi City, Hubei Province. When her husband passed away in 1990, she lived with her daughter in Xinjiangkou Town in Songzi City. Before she began practicing Falun Gong, she had suffered from multiple illnesses, including constipation, dizziness, edema, indigestion, and anorexia. Fortunately, she became a practitioner in 1997, which helped her to eliminate these illnesses. Additionally, she achieved success in her business activities.

When the persecution of Falun Dafa began on July 20, 1999, Ms. Luo went to Beijing to appeal to the authorities and to inform the public that "Falun Dafa is good." The police "illegally arrested" her and took her to the First Detention Center of Songzi City. She was released one month later.

Following her release, Deng Niangui, head of the local 610 Office, and Li Xianjin, head of the Domestic Security Division, ordered officers from the Shuiliu Police Station to harass her. In particular, Zhang Xuefeng broke into Ms. Luo's home, then shouted at and threatened her while she was alone. On several occasions, from one to eight Chinese Communist Party (CCP) officials broke into her house.

After this harassment, Li Xianjin and Shuiliu police officers broke into her house and arrested her. She was illegally held at the First Detention Center for over one month.

Ms. Luo was monitored by the local 610 Office personnel over a long period of time. She was tracked and harassed on numerous occasions. She was also fined over 20,000 yuan, and although she paid these fines, she was often not given a receipt.

Due to this extended period of threats, harassment, and torture, Ms. Luo Guangquan's health deteriorated, leading to her eventual death in August 2005.

Deng Niangui, head of the 610 Office in Songzi City: 86-716-6222296 (Home), 8613227669905 (Cell)

The Domestic Security Division of Songzi City: 86-716-6253164

The Detention Center of Songzi City: 86-716-6225914