Additional Persecution News from China - August 26, 2008 (24 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 20 cities or counties in 8 provinces. In this report, 27 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention, and at least 25 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Mr. Han Guoquan and Ms. Niu Lingda Sent to Forced Labor Camps
On July 9, 2008, Mr. Han Guoquan and his wife Ms. Niu Lingda, who were arrested by the Guancheng District Police Station of Zhengzhou City, were sentenced. Ms. Niu Lingda was sentenced to one year's forced labor. She is being detained at the Shibalihe Women's Forced Labor Camp in Zhengzhou City; Mr. Han is being detained at the Baimiao Forced Labor Camp in Zhengzhou City.
Baimaio Forced Labor Camp: 86-371-63945372
Shibalihe Women's Forced Labor Camp: 86-371-66752159, 86-371-66802210
2. [Zhaoqing City, Guangdong Province] Five Falun Dafa Practitioners Still Detained
On the afternoon of August 19, 2008, five Falun Dafa practitioners from Dinghu District, Zhaoqing City were reported while they were distributing truth-clarifying materials in Fenghuang Town. That night, the five practitioners were arrested and sent to the Zhaoqing City Detention Center. They have yet to be released.
Dinghu Police Department of Zhaoqing City: 86-758-2621132, 86-758-2621215, 86-758-2621723
Director of the police department: Fang Dong
Zhaoqing City Detention Center: 86-758-2722293
3. [Beijing City] On July 16, 2008, Practitioners Including Ms. Xu Xiufen Secretly Transferred to the Tumuji Forced Labor Camp in Inner Mongolia from the Beijing Forced Labor Camp
4. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] In the Beginning of August 2008, Mr. Sun Baochang Sentenced to Seven Years' Imprisonment by the Dadong District Court Because He Produced Truth-clarifying Materials
5. [Helong City, Jilin Province] Ms. Wu Fengxian Sent to a Forced Labor Camp for Two-year Term
Ms. Wu Fengxian from Bajiazi, Helong City was sentenced to two years' forced labor. At 3:00 p.m. on August 21, 2008, she was sent to the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City.
6. [Huanan City, Jilin Province] Practitioners Including Ms. Bao Limei, Ms. Song Guichun and Ms. Liu Chunjing Arrested and Detained
At 10:00 p.m. on August 20, 2008, Ms. Bao Limei, Ms. Song Guichun and Ms. Liu Chunjing were reported while they were distributing truth-clarifying materials in Dabalang Township. They were arrested by the Dabalang Police Station and then sent to the Huanan County National Security Team. Now they are being detained in the Huanan Detention Center.
Disabled Mr. Li Cheng has been secretly sentenced. Now he is being detained in the Huanan Detention Center.
Mr. Zhang Chuanguang blocked the door, trying to resist the police persecuting Ms. Guo Ren'ai. He was detained for seven days by the Huanan Forestry Bureau under the charge of "obstructing the performance of public duties" and fined 230 yuan. He was released on August 11, 2008. On August 18, 2008, Ms. Wu Qingjie was released.
7. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Liu Jianguang Arrested
On August 21, 2008, Mr. Liu Jianguang was reported while he was clarifying the truth at work in the Shenhe District. Police from the Shenhe District Police Station arrested him. He is now being detained in the Dongling Prison. No one is allowed to visit him.
Mr. Liu, 58, lives in the Railroad Community behind the Fourth Hospital of the Huanggu District Medical School in Shenyang City. In 2000, Mr. Liu was detained for three years in the Zhangshi Forced Labor Camp in Shenyang City.
8. [Anshan City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Qiu Sihui and Her Husband Arrested
Ms. Qiu Sihui and her husband Mr. Liu Qiang were arrested at home at 8:00 p.m. on August 20, 2008. They could not pick up their daughter, who had to stay at her teacher's home for the night. The next day, the teacher sent the child home and the child saw three policemen staying at her home. The nine year-old girl was hurt both physically and mentally.
At 8:00 a.m. on August 20, 2008, another female practitioner went to Ms. Qiu's home. She was arrested by the police staying there. Ms. Qiu is currently being detained at the Anshan First Detention Center and Mr. Liu Qiang is at the Anshan Second Detention Center.
9. [Zhucheng City, Shandong Province] Ms. Zhang Shanfang Arrested
Ms. Zhang Shanfang is about 60 years old and lives in Chenggezhuang, Zhucheng City. On the morning of August 23, 2008, she was arrested because she clarified the truth in a market. She is currently detained in the Zhucheng Detention Center.
10. [Zunyi City, Guizhou Province] Ms. Guo Yunqi Arrested
On August 22, 2008, the Yinghongqiao Police Station in Honghuaguang District, Zunyi City dispatched police vehicles and eight policemen to arrest Ms. Guo Yunqi and searched her home.
11. [Dazhu County, Sichuan Province] Many Falun Dafa Practitioners Arrested Before the Beijing Olympic Games
At 9:00 a.m. on July 23, 2008, Guo Dechun, head of Shaqiao Village, Zhubei Township, Dazhu County led about a dozen people from the township government and the Beicheng Police Station to arrest Ms. Bao Yueju, Ms. Yang Qili and Ms. Zhang Hongmei. They were sent to the Dazhou City Brainwashing Center.
On July 23, 2008, the Dongliu Police Station arrested Ms. Huang Chuanyu who is about 60 years old and lives Yuntai Village, Zhubei Township. She was sent to the Dazhu Detention Center.
On July 29, 2008, Mr. Liu Xinggui from Erlang Township, Shihe Town was reported while he was clarifying the truth near the Shihe Highway. He was arrested by the Shihe Police Station. Now he is being detained in the Dazhu Detention Center.
Stability Maintenance Office: 86-818-6239300
12. [Liangping County, Chongqing City] Mr. Zhang Ping Arrested
In July 2008, truth-clarifying materials appeared in the local streets in Liangping County, Chongqing City. Chinese Communist Party personnel suspected that Mr. Zhang Ping had distributed the materials. He was arrested by local police. He is now being detained in the Liangping Detention Center.
Jiang Haobin, Party Secretary of the Liangping County: 86-23-87429816, 86-23-53630121, 86-23-87429826
Internet Monitoring Section of Liangping County Police Department:86-23-53222412
13. [Penglai City, Shandong Province] Mr. Zhang Xirong Arrested and His Home Searched
On August 21, 2008, Mr. Zhang Xirong, who runs a business in the Huahe Market in Penglai City, was arrested by police. His home was searched. The police took away his property including a computer.
On August 22, 2008, the police searched the home of a practitioner with the surname of Qin and took away a computer, a printer and more.
14. [Jinzhou City, Hebei Province] Mr. Suo Fu and Ms. Su Ge Arrested
Mr. Suo Fu lives in Xixiaozhuang Village, Jinzhou City. In July 2008, the police from Taoyuan Township Police Station of Jinzhou City arrested him and took him to the Jinzhou Detention Center. The police also searched his home and took away a computer, a copy machine and some Dafa materials. The detention center does not allow any person to visit him.
Ms. Su Ge, about 50 years old, lives in Zhouyuanfang Village, Taoyuan Township, Jinzhou City. At 8:00 p.m. on July 13, 2008, five or six policemen arrested her and sent her to the Jinzhou Detention Center. The police also confiscated a satellite antenna and Dafa books from her home.
15. [Mengyin County, Shandong Province] Falun Gong Practitioners Recently Harassed and Persecuted
1) On the evening of August 5, 2008, personnel from the Duozhuang Town government and police from the Duozhuang Town Police Station broke into the homes of Ms. Liu Changrui and Mr. Wang Jinming from Beiduozhuang and searched their homes. However the police did not find what they wanted and left.
The homes of Mr. Gong Quanrong and Ms. Liu Xinglin from Beiduozhuang were searched.
Mr. Duan Dedao from Dongduozhuang was forced to become homeless to avoid being arrested at home. The police went to his home many times and harassed his parents.
2) On the morning of August 6, 2008, personnel from the Duozhuang Town government and police from the Duozhuang Town Police Station broke into the home of Ms. Liu Naimei. Ms. Liu was not at home. The police arrested her husband Wang Yongzhu and detained him in the police station for three days
3) Around August 5-6, 2008, the following Dafa practitioners were harassed and persecuted: Ms. Liu Fenghou, Mr. Zhao Chuanwu and Ms. Pan Yongfeng from Shihouwa Village; Ms. Yang Qingmei, Mr. Yang Qinghou, Ms. Wang Lifeng from Sangyuan Village; Mr. Wang Wanfa and Mr. Shi Zengchun from Xiahe Village; Mr. Yin Licun from Sangxingzi Village. Mr. Yin's wife Ms. Liu Guimei was also harassed while she was doing labor work out of town.
16. [Huanghua City, Hebei Province] Mr. Cheng Rulin Detained at the Baoding First Prison
Mr. Cheng Rulin is 46 years old and lives in Sunzhengzhuang, Huanghua City. In July 2002, he was arrested and sentenced to 14 years' imprisonment. He is being detained in the Baoding First Prison. In Mr. Cheng Rulin's home, there remain his parents who are about 80 years old, his wife and three children.
17. [Anshan City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Zhu Guangping Detained at Masanjia Forced Labor Camp of Shenyang City
On August 3, 2008, Ms. Zhu Guangping from Anshan City was arrested and later released. On August 13, 2008, Ms. Zhu was arrested again and sent to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. Her husband Mr. Jiang Zhendong has epilepsy and can't take care of himself. Their child just started elementary school and there is no one in charge of taking and picking up the child from school.
18. [Puyang City, Henan Province] Mr. Jiao Ronglun Detained
On the morning of August 19, 2008, Ma Songtao from the Retirement Office of Dengyue New Village, the Tenth Community of the Zhongyuan Oil Field in Puyang City, called Mr. Jiao Ronglun (62 years old and a Falun Gong practitioner) and deceived him into coming into the retirement office, where he was body searched. Mr. Jiao was detained because they found three small cards with truth-clarifying messages. Mr. Jiao's home was also searched. He is being detained in the Huangfu Detention Center.
Ma Songtao: 86-393-4766920, 86-393-4730515 19. [Fucheng City, Hebei Province] Ms. Song Canying Detained in the Shijiazhuang Women's Prison
Ms. Song Canying from Fucheng City was arrested in Shijiazhuang City. Seven days later, she was sentenced to one year and nine months' imprisonment. Ms. Song is being detained in the Shijiazhuang Women's Prison. Her family members are not allowed to visit her.
20. [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Ms. Li Aiwu Arrested
Ms. Li Aiwu from Jinshui District, Zhengzhou City was arrested at home on August 20, 2008, at 6:00 a.m. Her whereabouts are currently unknown.
21. [Beijing City] Ms. Bai Wenhe and Ms. Gao Shiru Arrested
On April 30, 2008, Ms. Bai Wenhe and Ms. Gao Shiru from Luxinzhuang Village, Zhangjiawan Town, Tongzhou District, Beijing City were detained because they installed satellite dishes. Ms. Bai was sentenced to two years' imprisonment and she is being detained in the Tianjin Prison. Ms. Gao Shiru was sentenced to being monitored outside of prison because of her age.
22. [Jianyang City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Zhou Kaize Sent to the Ziyang Brainwashing Center
Mr. Zhou Kaize, 55, lives in Group Six, Zhongba Village, Wumiao Township, Jiajia Town, Jianyang City. On July 8, 2008, Mr. Zhou was arrested and sent to the Ziyang Brainwashing Center.
He Jinshu, Deputy Party Secretary of Wumiao Township: 86-13982937419 23. [Fushun City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Sun Jie Arrested and Sent to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp
Ms. Sun Jie, in her 30s, lives in Wanghua District, Fushun City. After the persecution began in 1999, she was detained in the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. She was not released until 2001. Soon after, her husband divorced her. Since then, Ms. Sun has brought up her young son alone.
On August 19, 2008, Ms. Sun was arrested by police from the Guangming Police Station in Wanghua District and her home was searched. She was detained in the Fushun City Detention Center. Afterwards, she was sentenced to one and a half years' forced labor. On August 25, Ms. Sun was sent to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp in Shenyang City.
Cai Zhiyi, head of the Guangming Police Station: 86413-6427234 (O), 86413-6201788 (H), 86-13941342366 (C)
24. [Tongliao City, Inner Mongolia] Mr. Tian Shuangjiang Forced to Become Homeless.
Mr. Tian Shuangjiang, 29, works in a computer company. He has been sentenced to three years of imprisonment and tortured in the Hexi Detention and the Chifeng Prison. In his family, six members practice Falun Gong. His parents and three older sisters have been sentenced to imprisonment or sent to labor camps. The accumulated prison terms of the whole family total about 30 years.
In early June 2008, Mr. Tian's home was searched again. His father Mr. Tian Fuquan, mother Ms. Liu Xiurong, and oldest sister Ms. Tian Fang were arrested by the Tongliao police. His second oldest sister Ms. Tian Xin is being detained in the Huhehaote City Women's Forced Labor Camp. This is her second detention.
Tian Fuquan, Liu Xiurong and Tian Fang are being detained in the Hexi Detention Center. Tian Shuangjiang was detained in the Yongqing Police Station. He was released after one day. After he went home, the local police kept harassing him. Mr. Tian has been forced to become homeless in order to avoid being harassed and arrested at home.