Additional Persecution News from China - August 25, 2008 (25 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's report relates persecution incidents that took place in 20 cities or counties in 11 provinces. Nine Falun Gong practitioners were subjected to brutal mistreatment during detention, and at least 31 practitioners were arrested.
- [He County, Anhui Province] Ms. Wang Xueyan Arrested
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Mr. Cao Taken to the No. 11 Hospital
- [Sihui City, Guangdong Province] Practitioner Xu Arrested
- [Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province] Ms. Xue Aimei Disappeared Around August 18
- [Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province] Ms. Tong Lin and Ms. Lu Sentenced to Prison
- [Chongqing] Ms. Hu Xingrong and Ms. Hu Xingzhen Arrested around August 20, 2008
- [Nanning City, Guangxi Autonomous Region] Ms. Luo Meilan Arrested
- [Jingmen City, Hubei Province] Ms. He Shifeng's Pension Discontinued
- [Jingmen City, Hubei Province] Mr. Ci Baosen Returned Home from Brainwashing Center
- [Linzhou City, Henan Province] Ms. Hao Xiucun Arrested
- [Huaian City, Jiangsu Province] Ms. Xiao Yunheng Arrested
- [Boli County, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Qu Jinghong and Ms. Wang Shumei Persecuted
- [Songyuan City, Jilin Province] Persecution of Mr. Chen Keming, Ms. Xu Yangang, Mr. Xu Peng and Mr. Xin Guoquan
- [Linghai City, Liaoning Province] Persecution of Ms. Xu Fengjuan and Ms. Liu Yurong
- [Qingan County, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Yi Shuyin Arrested
- [Gaomi City, Shandong Province] Ms. Qiu Ruiqiu Arrested
- [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Ms. Wu Yongxin Arrested
- [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Ms. Li Lihua Arrested Again
- [Hengshui City, Hebei Province] Mr. Zhang Yongqing Arrested
- [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Mr. Pan Lifeng and His Wife Li Xia Sent to Forced Labor Camps
- [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Four Practitioners Held at the Xindu District Detention Center
- [Chongqing] Ms. Cao Xiuhua Arrested
- [Nanning City, Guangxi Autonomous Region] Seven Practitioners Arrested
- [Weiwu City, Gansu Province] Six Practitioners Arrested
- [Linjiang City, Jilin Province] Persecution of Ms. Xu Li and Others
1. [He County, Anhui Province] Ms. Wang Xueyan and Another Practitioner Arrested
The police arrested Ms. Wang Xueyan from He County in May 2008. County domestic security division officials arrested Ms. Lu Xiumei in April 2007 and illegally sentenced her to 18 months in prison.
2. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Mr. Cao Taken to No. 11 Hospital
Practitioner Mr. Cao was taken to the No. 11 Hospital following a brutal torture session. There are three holes in his head from the torture, one of his kidneys is severely damaged, and his trachea has been cut. He has gone blind from the beatings and is barely able to breathe.
3. [Sihui City, Guangdong Province] Practitioner Xu Arrested
The police arrested practitioner Xu, a teacher, in early August 2008 and sent him to the Sanshui Forced Labor Camp in Guangdong Province without trial.
4. [Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province] Ms. Xue Aimei Disappeared Around August 18
Ms. Xue Aimei disappeared around August 18, and police involvement is suspected. She had been held at a labor camp twice before, each term lasting three years.
5. [Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province] Ms. Tong Lin and Ms. Lu Sentenced to Prison
Ms. Tong Lin from Wuhan City and Ms. Lu from Baoan, Shenzhen City were subjected to an unconstitutional trial on August 12, 2008. The police forbade the practitioners' families to attend the trial. There was no public prosecutor--only three judges, one court clerk and one lawyer were presiding.
6. [Chongqing] Ms. Hu Xingrong and Ms. Hu Xingzhen Arrested around August 20, 2008
7. [Nanning City, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region] Ms. Luo Meilan Arrested
Officers from the Jianzheng Road Police Station arrested Ms. Luo Meilan on July 14, 2008 and later sent her to the No. 2 Detention Center in Nanning City.
Jianzheng Road Police Station: 86-771-5627331
8. [Jingmen City, Hubei Province] Ms. He Shifeng's Pension Discontinued
The authorities stopped issuing Ms. He Shifeng's pension payments. She is around 60 years of age and an oil company retiree.
9. [Jingmen City, Hubei Province] Mr. Ci Baosen Returned Home from Brainwashing Center
The police transferred Mr. Ci Baosen, an employee of a police department affiliated with the Jingmen Petrochemical Industrial & Trade Corp., from a brainwashing center at the company to a brainwashing center in Tangxunhu, Wuhan City. The company has fired him without legitimate cause. He was the deputy head of the petrochemical corporation's affiliated Yuelianghu Police Station. Ci Baosen returned home around August 20, 2008.
10. [Linzhou City, Henan Province] Ms. Hao Xiucun Arrested
Guo Aimin, deputy head of the Dongyao Town Police Station in Linzhou City, led five officers to the home of Ms. Hao Xiucun in Dizhuang Village, Xiyu Division, Dongyao Town at 1:33 p.m. on August 21, 2008. The persecutors took Hao Xiucun to the Dongyao Town Police Department for interrogation. They held her until 6:00 p.m. and then transferred her to the Linzhou City Custody Center. Shen Jiansheng is the head of custody center.
Yuan Taihong, Dongyao Town Police Station head: 86-13937253358
11. [Huaian City, Jiangsu Province] Ms. Xiao Yunheng Arrested
Qinghe District 610 Office agents including Wang Jianhuai and Chang Shunlin arrested Ms. Xiao Yunheng from Huaian City on June 20, 2008. She is now held at the Huaian City Detention Center. Her family went there and demanded her release, but the authorities refused.
Wang Jianzhun, police officer and 610 Office agent: 86-517-83123124 (office), 86-517-83284790 (pager)
12. [Boli County, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Qu Jinghong and Ms. Wang Shumei Persecuted
Ms. Qu Jinghong and Ms. Wang Shumei from Boli County were reported to the police while they clarified the facts on the afternoon of August 4, 2008. Officers from the Xinhua Police Station in Boli County later arrested and took them to the Boli County Custody Center. One day later, the police transferred them to the No. 1 Detention Center in Qitaihe City and tortured them until they were near death. Family visits were prohibited. The police ransacked both practitioners' homes at 5:00 p.m. The following items were confiscated from Qu Jinghong's home: pictures of the founder of Falun Gong, 200 bookmarks, 17 satellite dish receivers, one TV set, stickers and raw materials for making flyers. From Wang Shumei's home they took one color printer, one DVD burner, one hard drive and one desktop computer.
Zhao Wankui, Xinhua Police Station head in Boli County: 86-13904674630, 86-464-8522054, 86-464-8525324
Hao Yongbo, Boli County 610 Office head: 86-13009968588 (Cell), 86-464-8537610 (Office)
Yao Gang, Qitaihe City 610 Office head: 86-464-8281932
13. [Songyuan City, Jilin Province] Persecution of Mr. Chen Keming, Ms. Xu Yangang, Mr. Xu Peng and Mr. Xin Guoquan
Officials persecuted Mr. Chen Keming from Songyuan City until he suffered a relapse of liver disease. They took him to a labor camp but the authorities refused to accept him. He is now held at the Shanyou Detention Center.
Regime officials tried Ms. Xu Yangang twice without any result; it is said they would sentence her to prison without evidence, along with Mr. Xu Peng.
Mr. Xin Guoquan has developed symptoms of illness and has returned home.
14. [Linghai City, Liaoning Province] Persecution of Ms. Xu Fengjuan and Ms. Liu Yurong
The authorities held Ms. Xu Fengjuan from Linghai City at the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp for one year.
They tortured Ms. Liu Yurong, a former teacher at the Cuiyan Middle School in Linghai City. She is now bedridden and suffers from facial paralysis.
Huo Jianquan, Cuiyan Middle School principal: 86-416-4161888 (Home), 86-13840656058 (Cell)
Luo Zhongming, Cuiyan Police Station head: 86-13940689995 (Cell)
15. [Qingan County, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Yi Shuyin Arrested while Speaking with People about Falun Gong
16. [Gaomi City, Shandong Province] Ms. Qiu Ruiqiu Arrested
Four plainclothes officers from the Juchenghe Town Police Station in Gaomi City broke into Ms. Qiu Ruiqiu's home in Yanjia Village on the morning of August 21, 2008. They took her to the police station and later sent her to the Gaomi Detention Center.
Jing Tao, Juchenghe Town Police Station head: 86-13792608080 (C), 86-536-2347362 (H)
Wang Chuanpu, Domestic Security Division head: 86-13963606738 (C), 86-536-2593670 (O), 86-536-2331223 (H)
17. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Ms. Wu Yongxin Arrested
Police arrested Ms. Wu Yongxin, a teacher at the Chengjian School, in mid July 2008 and ransacked her home.
18. [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Ms. Li Lihua Arrested Again
Officers from the Dali Road Police Station arrested Ms. Li Lihua at her home in the Caochangshe District of Lubei Division, Tangshan City on the morning of August 21, 2008 and took her to the Tangshan City Custody Center.
19. [Hengshui City, Hebei Province] Mr. Zhang Yongqing Arrested
Police arrested Mr. Zhang Yongqing, about 50, a retired worker from Hengshui Construction Company, on August 19, 2008 and took him to Lubei Police Station for interrogation. They also ransacked his home simply because he was speaking to people about the persecution of Falun Gong in a public square. They have been holding him at the Hengshui City Custody Center.
20. [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Mr. Pan Lifeng and His Wife Li Xia Sent to a Forced Labor Camp
Officers from Erqi District Police Department in Zhengzhou City arrested Mr. Pan Lifeng and his wife Li Xia at their home on the evening of July 9, 2008. Their two children are now left home alone. Pan Lifeng is held at the Baimiao Forced Labor Camp in Zhengzhou City, while Li Xia was taken to the Shibalihe Women's Forced Labor Camp in Zhengzhou City. Both received 15-month sentences.
21. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Four Practitioners Held at the Xindu District Detention Center
Since May 2008, officials from the Xindu District Police Department, the Chengxi Police Station, the Chengdong Police Station, the Banzhuyuan Police Station and the Domestic Security Division have arrested the following practitioners: Ms. Jiang Yufen, 68, Ms. Wang Yingxia, 44, Mr. Wu Fengquan, 52, and Mr. Wu Fenglin. The practitioners are held at the Xindu District Detention Center.
22. [Chongqing] Ms. Cao Xiuhua Arrested
Ms. Cao Xiuhua, around 60 years old, is a retiree from Sanbaye, the Shuangbei, Sha District, Chongqing. At around 9:00 p.m. on August 23, 2008, several plainclothes officers went to Cao Xiuhua's neighbors. They showed them surveillance pictures they took of Cao Xiuhua posting Falun Gong banners and told the neighbors to assist them in arresting Cao. The persecutors intercepted Cao at 10:00 p.m., when she returned home from shopping. They ransacked her home and took many Falun Gong books and then sent her to the Baihelin Custody Center in the Sha District.
Baihelin Custody Center in Sha District: 86-23-65306489
Sha District Police Department: 86-23-65313309
23. [Nanning City, Guangxi Autonomous Region] Seven Practitioners Arrested
The police arrested Mr. Mo Hongmin, Ms. Wang Qing, Mr. Tang Ning, Mr. Wei Yiheng, Mr. Huang Siqiang, Ms. Luo Meilan, and Ms. Lu Xinjing between 9:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. on August 15, 2008, as the were studying Falun Gong books. The officers held the practitioners at the No. 1 and No. 2 Detention Centers in Nanning City. They subsequently ransacked the practitioners' homes and confiscated numerous Falun Gong books, flyers, computers, printers and copy machines. They also confiscated certain practitioners' vehicles without notice.
24. [Weiwu City, Gansu Province] Six Practitioners Arrested
A group of Weiwu City police officers followed and arrested Mr. Zhang Ruiwu and Ms. Zhang Juxiang on August 8, 2008. They ransacked practitioner Hu's home, taking computers and printers, and have since held him at the Heping Detention Center in Weiwu City.
Officers from the Weiwu City Domestic Security Division arrested Ms. Wang Fengqin and Ms. Zhang Xueping on August 31, 2007 and ransacked their homes. They sentenced Wang Fengqin to four years of detention, Zhang Xueping to three years of detention and Zhang's father to six years of detention in December 2007. They are currently held at the Heping Detention Center, affiliated with the Weiwu City Police Department.
25. [Linjiang City, Jilin Province] Persecution of Ms. Xu Li and Others
Officers from the Linjiang City Police Department Domestic Security Division and from the Xinglong Police Station broke into Ms. Xu Li's home at 10:00 a.m. on August 22, 2008. They confiscated many personal belongings and took Xu Li to the Linjiang City Police Department. They later transferred her to the Linjiang Detention Center, where she is now held.
Xu Li is 48 and used to work for the Linjiang City Paper Factory. Officers from the Linjiang City Police Department and from the Xinshi Police Station constantly harassed her after July 20, 1999. They detained her for six months in 2001 because of her belief. Following her release, Xu Li left the city to avoid further persecution. Unfortunately, the police spotted her in May 2005 when she was working, forced her into a vehicle and took her to the Baishan Brainwashing Center.
Officers from the Linjiang City Police Department's Domestic Security Division and from the Jianguo Police Station broke into Ms. Liu Rongmei's home at 3:30 p.m. on August 22, 2008. They confiscated personal belongings without warrant. As they escorted Liu Rongmei out, they encountered her son, who was coming home. He tried to stop the police, but they took both mother and son to the police department. The officials extorted 3,000 yuan from the family before releasing the son, but sent Liu Rongmei to the Linjiang Detention Center.
Liu Rongmei is a widow and a retired teacher in her late 60s. The authorities sentenced her to one year in a forced labor camp in 2002, although her mother, in her 80s, was left behind with no one to care for her.