Additional Persecution News from China - January 23, 2008 (33 Reports)
Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in
29 cities or counties in 13 provinces. In this report, 36 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least 27 practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Yingkou City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Che Hongfei Is in Peril in Dalian City Prison
- [Mudanjiang City, Heilongjiang Province] Personnel from the Yuanming Police Station Harass Ms. Zhao Minru on the Morning of January 22, 2008
- [Jiyuan City, Henan Province] Ms. Xu Suping Arrested
- [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] The Persecution of Ms. Li Xiumin
- [Wucheng County, Shandong Province] Three Practitioners Arrested
- [Dandong City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Wei Lili Arrested
- [Langfang City, Hebei Province] Mr. Zhang Zhenguang, His Wife and Ms. Xu Guiping Arrested
- [Liaozhong County, Liaoning Province] Police Arrest Mr. He Gang
- [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Li Dianqin Sentenced
- [Funing County, Hebei Province]Mr. Liu Hongxin, Ms. Li Yingju, and Ms. Li Haijing Arrested
- [Beijing] Ms. Zhang Shufang Escapes Persecution
- [Hebei Province] A Woman Practitioner Is Currently Being Held at the No. 2 Detention Center in Qinhuangdao City
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Lu Yong Has Been Held for Four Months
- [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Ms. Wang Guohong Sentenced to Prison
- [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Police Arrest Mr. Zhao Tongxiao, Ms. Zhang Yuxia, and Ms. Li Shuyu
- [Junan County, Shandong Province] Ms. Yao Bingfang Sentenced to Forced Labor
- [Fucheng County, Hebei Province] Money Extorted from Mr. Zhu Mingwu's Family
- [Dongguang County, Hebei Province] Ms. Wang Xiaohua Arrested
- [Jiujiang County, Jiangxi Province] Several Practitioners Are in Perilous Condition Due to Torture
- [Wenzhou City, Zhejiang Province] Several Practitioners Arrested
- [Tianshui City, Gansu Province] The Persecution of Mr. Wang Yongming's Family
- [Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province] Ms. Qian and Her Husband Arrested
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] 610 Office Agents Arrest Mr. Chen Zonghong
- [Gaizhou City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Zhang Shupeng Arrested
- [Liaoyuan City, Jilin Province] Ms. Sun Liping Arrested
- [Langfang City, Hebei Province] Four Practitioners Arrested
- [Langfang City, Hebei Province] Mr. Zheng Huiwang Is Being Held at the Bazhou City Detention Center
- [Chiping County, Shandong Province] Mr. Zhang Dongxing Sentenced to One Year of Forced Labor
- [Kaifeng City, Henan Province] Ms. Qin Guimei and Ms. Feng Xiuyun Arrested
- [Jiangsu Province] Several Practitioners Arrested
- [Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province] Recent Information about Mr. Sun Genluo and His Wife Zhang Xiuhua
- [Shulan City, Jilin Province] Ms. Zhang Dongxia Arrested
- [Jixi City, Heilongjiang Province] Police Extorted Money from Zhao Kaide's Family - Belated News
1. [Yingkou City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Che Hongfei Is in Peril in Dalian City Prison
Mr. Che Hongfei from the Bayuquan area in Yingkou City is an outstanding English teacher in Liaoning Province. He has often been persecuted for practicing Falun Gong. After this arrest, he was first held in Dalian City Prison and then transferred to Anshan City Prison. Mr. Che staged a hunger strike for more than seven months and was returned to Dalian Prison again on December 19, 2007. His hunger strike has now lasted for eight months. He is extremely weak and experiencing muscle atrophy, stomach bleeding, and heart disease. There is a mass in one of his lungs, leaving him in a perilous condition. Mr. Che's 70-year-old parents heard about his condition. They went to the prison four times and requested his unconditional release but their requests were refused.
About 100 practitioners are currently being held in Dalian Prison.
2. [Mudanjiang City, Heilongjiang Province] Personnel from the Yuanming Police Station Harass Ms. Zhao Minru on the Morning of January 22, 2008
Yuanming Police Station: 86-453-6245110
3. [Jiyuan City, Henan Province] Ms. Xu Suping Arrested
Personnel from the Domestic Security Division of the Jiyuan City Police Department arrested Ms. Xu and ransacked her home on January 10, 2008. They interrogated her for four hours and then released her.
Police arrested Ms. Xu again on January 15, 2008. Where she is being held is unknown.
4. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] The Persecution of Ms. Li Xiumin
Ms. Li Xiumin has been held at the No. 2 Detention Center in Shijiazhuang City for nine months. She is in poor health. Police took her for a health check-up and she was diagnosed with severe leiomyoma. She had pain in her eyes for several months and cannot normally move her eyes. The sight in her right eye has deteriorated. She could not see things clearly 30 centimeters (1 foot) away. The doctor suspected she also had chronic appendicitis because she had pain in the right-lower abdomen for more than four months.
5. [Wucheng County, Shandong Province] Three Practitioners Arrested
Fifty-year-old Ms. Jiang Xiufen was arrested the morning of January 16, 2008, but was released that same afternoon. Forty-year-old Mr. Li Fengchang from Zhangwangzhuang Village and Ms. Xiaofeng from the Sunzhuang Village were also arrested.
6. [Dandong City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Wei Lili Arrested
Personnel from the Yongjing Police Station arrested Ms. Wei Lili from Dandong City before the 2008 New Year Day. Police ransacked her home and confiscated a computer and some other items. Ms. Wei is currently being held in Baifang Detention Center.
7. [Langfang City, Hebei Province] Mr. Zhang Zhenguang, His Wife and Ms. Xu Guiping Arrested
Personnel from the Yongqing Police Station arrested Ms. Xu Guiping and Mr. Zhang Zhenguang and his wife from Yongqing Yangmazhuang Village in Langfang City the night of January 20, 2008. Police went to Ms. Tian Chun's home and confiscated a CD-burner the night of January 21, 2008. Fortunately, Ms. Tian escaped.
8. [Liaozhong County, Liaoning Province] Police Arrest Mr. He Gang
Police arrested Mr. He Gang from Liaozhong County and took him to the Yongjia Detention Center the afternoon of January 19, 2008, when he was working in Yongjia County, Zhejiang Province. They confiscated some truth materials from his home.
Yongjia County Police Department: 86-577-67227111
Yongjia County 610 Office: 86-577-67233273, 86-577-67223634
Yongjia County Detention Center chief's office: 86-577-67252128
9. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Li Dianqin Sentenced
Personnel from the Xingshun Police Station arrested Ms. Li Dianqin from the Huaxiang Community in the Tiexi District of Shenyang City on October 16, 2007. Police ransacked her home and took her to the city's detention center. She was sentenced to three years in prison on January 16, 2008, to be served at the Liaoning Province Women's Prison.
Xingshun Police Station: 86-24-25863144
10. [Funing County, Hebei Province] Mr. Liu Hongxin, Ms. Li Yingju, and Ms. Li Haijing Arrested
Personnel from the Nandaihe Police Station arrested Mr. Liu Hongxin, Ms. Li Yingju, and Ms. Li Haijing at 5:00 p.m. on January 20, 2008, when the practitioners were explaining the facts about Falun Gong in the Capital Steel Company's residential community. Police ransacked the practitioners' homes and confiscated all their Dafa books, "truth clarifiying" materials, and a computer. Mr. Liu was released at 12:30 a.m. the next day, but Ms. Li Yingju and Ms. Li Haijing are still being held at the police station.
Nandaihe Police Station: 86-335-4050409
11. [Beijing] Ms. Zhang Shufang Escapes Persecution
Police surrounded Ms. Zhang Shufang's home in the Guoyuan area, Miyun County, at 10:00 a.m. on January 15, 2008. They intended to ransack her home, so Ms. Zhang refused to open the door. She then successfully escaped from her residence on the fifth floor. Police broke in and confiscated a computer, a printer, and other items. No family members were at home.
12. [Hebei Province] A Woman Practitioner Is Currently Being Held at the No. 2 Detention Center in Qinhuangdao City
13. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Lu Yong Has Been Held for Four Months
14. [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Ms. Wang Guohong Sentenced to Prison
Laixi City Court agents secretly held a trial for Ms. Wang Guohong at the Dashan Detention Center in Qingdao City. She was sentenced to four years in prison. She has appealed.
Zhang Yunqing, Laixi City Court Criminal Sub-court judge: 86-532-88499633,
Wang Huanxian, Criminal sub-court chief: 86-532-88477338, 86-13963929009 (Cell)
15. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Police Arrest Mr. Zhao Tongxiao, Ms. Zhang Yuxia, and Ms. Li Shuyu
Mr. Zhao Tongxiao and Ms. Li Shuyu from Shijiazhuang City went to Ms. Zhang Yuxia's home on January 16, 2008. Personnel from the Shijiazhuang City 610 Office, from the Xinhua Police Department and from the Shigang Avenue Police Station broke into Ms. Zhang's home, arrested the women and ransacked the place. The evildoers put Ms. Li into the police station and Mr. Zhao and Ms. Zhang into the city's No.2 Detention Center. Ms. Li was released the next day.
16. [Junan County, Shandong Province] Ms. Yao Bingfang Sentenced to Forced Labor
Police followed Ms. Yao Bingfang from Junan County, then arrested her and took her to the county detention center two weeks ago. Linyi City 610 Office agents have apparently approved the sentencing of Ms. Yao to two years of forced labor.
17. [Fucheng County, Hebei Province] Money Extorted from Mr. Zhu Mingwu's Family
It has been learned that personnel from the Fucheng County Police Department and from the Domestic Security Division extorted 24,000 yuan from Mr. Zhu Mingwu's family and then released him. Threatened by the police, Mr. Zhu and his family have been afraid to release any information about the persecution and dare not contact any other practitioners. Mr. Bian Xin, who was arrested with Mr. Zhu, is still being held.
Lu Huixin, Fucheng County Police Department chief: 86-13383686999
Wang Runze, Police Department deputy chief: 86-13383182510
Liu Baochang, Fucheng County Detention Center chief: 86-13383686569
18. [Dongguang County, Hebei Province] Ms. Wang Xiaohua Arrested
Police arrested Ms. Wang Xiaohua from Dongguang County and ransacked her home the morning of January 17, 2008. Ms. Wang is currently being held at the Nanpi County Detention Center in Hebei Province.
19. [Jiujiang County, Jiangxi Province] Several Practitioners Are in Perilous Condition Due to Torture
Jiujiang County Shahe Domestic Security Division Chief Wei Qiang arrested several practitioners. These practitioners staged a persecution-protest hunger-strike and are in peril, but police refuse to release them.
Wei Qiang: 86-13979231599
20. [Wenzhou City, Zhejiang Province] Several Practitioners Arrested
Personnel from the Oubei Town Police Station in Yongjia County, Wenzhou City, arrested the Mr. Chen Hu and his wife, Ms. Wen Shumei; Ms. Yu Shengbi and her non-practitioner husband, Mr. Tao Sheng; and another practitioner between January 18 and January 21, 2008. The two couples are from Sichuan Province. Mr. Chen had been arrested twice prior to this arrest.
Oubei Town 610 Office head: 86-577-67220310
Yongjia County Police Department's 610 Office: 86-577-67233273, 86-577-67223634
Yongjia County Police Department chief's office: 86-577-67227111
21. [Tianshui City, Gansu Province] The Persecution of Mr. Wang Yongming's Family
Mr. Wang Yongming was born in 1966 in Sixia Village, Guochuan Township, Qingshui County, Tianshui City. He was enrolled in Nanjing Correspondence University in 1984 and started to work in the Beidao District Electronic Post Bureau in 1988. He was fired in 2000 for practicing Falun Gong. Qincheng District Court agents sentenced him to 11 years in prison on December 6, 2002. He is currently being held ub the Tianshui City No. 3 Prison.
Mr. Wang's wife, Ms. Li Cuihong, is a teacher in the Sanshidianzi Middle School in Mapaoquan Town, the Maiji District, and left home in 2006 to avoid arrest.
His daughter, Ms. Wang Xinyi, 16 years old, is an eleventh grade student in the Tianshui No. 2 Middle School. She lives with her grandmother on the third floor of Building 18 in the Hangxiu Factory's residential community in Tianshui. She has had to cope with the effects of the persecution since she was eight years old.
22. [Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province] Ms. Qian and Her Husband Arrested
Someone reported the Ms. Qian and her husband, in their 60s, when the couple did the Falun Gong exercises with the Falun Gong music turned up to a high volume at their home early in the morning on January 21, 2008. The police arrested them.
23. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] 610 Office Agents Arrest Mr. Chen Zonghong
Personnel from the Xinhe Toll Station forcibly searched Mr. Chen Zonghong's backpack in his automobile the afternoon of January 10, 2008, when he was heading home. They found some Falun Gong materials and confiscated Mr. Chen's car. He is currently being held in the Xinzhou District Detention Center.
24. [Gaizhou City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Zhang Shupeng Arrested
Wolongquan Town Police Station political head Jiao Zhenhua led some policemen to arrest Mr. Zhang Shupeng the night of January 19, 2008. The arrest happened when he explained the facts of Falun Gong in the town. Mr. Zhang is currently being held in the Gaizhou City Detention Center.
Jiao Zhenhua, Wolongquan Town Police Station political head: 86-417-7377110
(Office), 86-417-7377028 (Home)
Zhang Xuwei, Gaizhou City Detention Center chief: 86-417-7650039 (Home)
Zhang Xingwen, deputy chief: 86-417-7650993 (Office), 86-417-7806200 (Home)
25. [Liaoyuan City, Jilin Province] Ms. Sun Liping Arrested
Ms. Sun Liping from Baiquan Town, Dongliao County, Liaoyuan City, was arrested on January 21, 2008. A practitioner surnamed Zeng was also arrested on January 22, 2008.
26. [Langfang City, Hebei Province] Four Practitioners Arrested
Police arrested Mr. Zhang Lijun, Mr. Zhang Lizhi, Mr. Ma Li, and Mr. Liu Jinrui the night of January 20, 2008. Their homes were ransacked.
27. [Langfang City, Hebei Province] Mr. Zheng Huiwang Is Being Held at the Bazhou City Detention Center
Personnel from the Bazhou City Police Department and from the 610 Office arrested Mr. Zheng Huiwang from his home at 11:00 a.m. on January 21, 2008. The police pushed Mr. Zheng's wife down and ransacked the place. Mr. Zheng is currently being held in the city's detention center.
Liu Dongfang, Bazhou City Police Department's Political and Security Section:
86-316-7238329 (Office), 86-13363620071 (Cell)
Cai Shaoyong, Bazhou City 610 Office deputy head: 86-316-7214210
Li Hongqing, Wangbo Village Political Security Section: 86-316-7428877, 86-13930695785
28. [Chiping County, Shandong Province] Mr. Zhang Dongxing Sentenced to One Year of Forced Labor
Mr. Zhang Dongxing from Dongzhaizhuang Village, Dulangkou Town, Chiping County was sentenced to one year of forced labor. He was put in the Shandong Province No. 2 Forced Labor Camp in January 2008.
Mr. Zhang's 84-year-old father passed away from huge stress after Mr. Zhang was put in the detention center.
Mr. Zhang's second oldest son, a practitioner, left home after Mr. Zhang's arrest. His whereabouts are unknown.
29. [Kaifeng City, Henan Province] Ms. Qin Guimei and Ms. Feng Xiuyun Arrested
Personnel from the Yongxing Police Station arrested Ms. Qin Guimei and Ms. Feng Xiuyun from Weishi County, Kaifeng City, on December 1, 2007, for distributing truth clarificaion materials. Both had 4,000 yuan extorted from them and released.
Police arrested Ms. Jian Fenglan and Ms. Dongju from Taizigang Village, Yongxing County, about a month ago. They were held at the county's detention center and released ten days later after being fined 10,000 yuan.
30. [Jiangsu Province] Several Practitioners Arrested
Personnel from the Xuefu Street Police Station arrested Ms. Chen Guifang and Ms. Wang Chunfang on December 26, 2007, when they distributed copies of the Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party. Twelve policemen ransacked Ms. Chen's home on December 27, 2007. Ms. Wang has been released, but Ms. Chen is still being held at the Zhenjiang City Detention Center.
Personnel from the Jingkou Police Department in Zhenjiang City arrested 52-year-old Ms. Lu Guizhen for distributing truth clarification materials. Police searched her home several times. Her husband went to the Baota Street Police Station to request her release. They refused to release Ms. Lu and threatened him.
Ms. Wu Hezhen, Ms. Zuo Yin'ai, Ms. Feng Yunxia, Ms. Gong Jinyu, Mr. Kong Xianyong, Mr. Ke Cheng, Mr. Zhang Zhenghua, Lu Xiujun, and Mr. Lu Bagen have been sentenced to forced labor or imprisonment. Mr. Xu Wei lives away from home to avoid arrest.
Ma Yugen, Zhenjiang City Police Department 610 Office head: 86-13706108668
Qiao Yuechan, Jingkou District Police Department's National Security Division: 86-13775546699
Zhenjiang City Police Department's 610 Office: 86-511-85316368
31. [Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province] Recent Information about Mr. Sun Genluo and His Wife Ms. Zhang Xiuhua
Fifty-nine-year-old Mr. Sun Genluo from Xixia District, Nanjing City, went to visit a relative in Jiangdu City on June 2, 2007. He was reported to police when distributing truth clarification materials. Local police arrested him and transferred him to Nanjing City. Personnel from the Xixia District Police Department and from the 610 Office sentenced him to two years in prison.
Mr. Sun's wife, 52-year-old Ms. Zhang Xiuhua, went to the Yaohuamen Police Station to request her husband's release on July 18, 2007, but she was arrested. She has been held for six months, but where she is currently being held is not known.
32. [Shulan City, Jilin Province] Ms. Zhang Dongxia Arrested
Personnel from the Jishu Police Station in Shulan City arrested Ms. Zhang Dongxia and confiscated the key to her home. Police officer Yin Jifang used the key and ransacked her home. The officers held Ms. Zhang for 15 days and extorted 500 yuan from her as an "accommodation fee" in addition to a 1,000 yuan fine.
Shulan City Domestic Security Division: 86-432-8225509
Shulan City Police Department chief's office: 86-432-8224808, 86-432-8225114, 86-432-8230606, 86-432-8235626
33. [Jixi City, Heilongjiang Province] Police Extorted Money from Mr. Zhao Kaide's Family - Belated News
Mr. Zhao Kaide, 43, worked in the Lishu Coal Mine in Jixi City. Local police arrested him on August 31, 1999, and put him in the district police department that same night. Mr. Zhao was held for three days and then transferred to the city's No. 1 Detention Center on September 3, 1999. Police extorted 2,500 yuan from his family and then released him on October 18, 1999.
January 22, 2008