Cases of Karmic Retribution in Xinzaidian Town of Hebei Province
Editors' Note: In both Western and Chinese culture, the principle of karmic retribution, that is, being held ultimately accountable for one's own actions, is widely accepted. The fundamental teaching of Falun Gong is the characteristic of the universe, "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance." The universe will reward actions that are in harmony with this principle, while actions such as beating, torturing and murdering people will incur karmic retribution. Stated another way, good deeds will be rewarded with good, while evildoings will meet due retribution. Articles such as this one are meant as a compassionate reminder of this principle to those who would commit wrongdoing. While many of those who persecute Falun Gong are merely "following orders," the universal law requires that they too be held responsible for their actions, and that only by reversing their course of wrongdoing may they escape retribution.
1. Yang Kanglin, more than 30 years old, is a policeman in Xinzaidian Town Police Station and in charge of census registration. Since 1999, when the CCP started the persecution of Falun Gong, he was deeply poisoned by the propaganda and actively involved in persecuting practitioners. For nine years, Yang Kanglin was involved in raiding practitioners' homes, taking away Falun Gong materials and personal belongings, and threatening practitioners and their family members. Around June 30, 2007, Yang Kanglin led the police to arrest two practitioners. One was later extorted out of money and the other one was sent to a detention center. In February 2008, Yang led several policemen in an attempt to arrest a practitioner, which caused this practitioner to go into exile. In the middle of June 2008, with the excuse of checking farm chemicals, Yang tried to find out about a practitioner's whereabouts in order to arrest him. Several days later, Yang had an accident on Hwy 308, near Nangong Rd, Luancheng County while he was on duty. His car rolled over into a ditch at the side of the road and he was severely injured. Currently, he is still in the hospital and had to have two surgeries.
2. Yang Qinju is a village official in Caogu Village, Xinzaidian Town. He had led policemen to raid Falun Gong practitioners' homes several times, which led several practitioners to go into exile. On June 30, 2007, he was involved in arresting two practitioners. One was extorted out of money and the other one was sent to a detention center. In March 2008, Yang Qinju had an accident. His motorcycle collided with a car, and he broke his collarbone.
3. Chang Ruifeng is the former head of the Xinzaidian Police Station. He has actively followed the CCP and persecuted Falun Gong practitioners since July 20, 1999. He developed a brain tumor, had to undergo two surgeries and later died.
4. A village official in Xinzaidian Town was involved in persecuting Falun Gong practitioners. He had harassed practitioners and claimed to have punished anyone who even just practiced the Falun Gong exercises. In 2002, he was diagnosed with cerebral thrombosis, which caused him to be unable to speak clearly. Practitioners followed the principle of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance and clarified the facts to him. As a result, he quit the CCP and followed these practitioners' advice to often recite "Falun Dafa is good." His condition improved gradually, and gradually his health has returned to normal.
5. A villager in Xinzaidian worked for a construction company in Shijiazhuang City. He had an accident during work, which injured his neck. After a round of hospital treatment, he was sent home for recovery. A practitioner told him the facts about Falun Gong and asked him to sincerely recite "Falun Dafa is good". The villager followed the practitioner's advice. One month later, when he went back for a medical examination, the doctor told him that it was really unusual for him to recover so fast and so well.