Additional Persecution News from China - January 15, 2008 (21 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 14 cities and counties in 8 provinces. In this report 12 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least 22 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Hu Zhiming Was Injected with an Unknown Drug in Jinzhou Prison
Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Hu Zhiming is detained in the Jinzhou Prison hospital. He was injected with an unknown drug which has made his mind wander. Now Mr. Hu cannot walk and he is in a dangerous situation.
2. [Shouguang City, Shandong Province] Falun Gong Practitioners Including Mr. Sun Hongwei Arrested
Mr. Sun Hongwei lives in Housanli Village, Shengcheng, Shouguang City. On January 3, 2008, he went to Mr. Wang Yong's home in Chengli Village where he was arrested by a dozen policemen. Now he is in the Shouguang City Detention Center.
On the morning of January 2, 2008, Ms. Shao Meiyuan, Ms. Zhang Guizhi (who works at the Hemp Textile Mill), Ms. Ma Xianglan (who works at the Electric Power Bureau), and Ms. Sun Sumei (from Zhengjia Village, Huying) were arrested. Ms. Sun Sumei was released after paying the fine of 10,000 yuan. Ms. Zhang and Ms. Ma are detained in the Shouguang City Detention Center. It is unknown where Ms. Shao is detained.
Shengcheng Police Station: 86-536-5222161
Song Shijun, Head of the Shengcheng Police Station: 86-536-5269366
3. [Shouguang City, Shandong Province] Mr. Zhang Zhaozong and Ms. Cheng Xuemei Sent to a Forced Labor Camp
Ms. Cheng Xuemei lives in Linze No. 2 Village, Gucheng, Shouguang City. On November 29, 2007, police from the Gucheng Police Station took her away. After being held in the Shouguang City Detention Center for a month she was sent to Wangcun Forced labor Camp in Zibo City, Shandong Province, for one year of forced labor.
On November 13, 2007, Mr. Zhang Zhaozong from Beiguan Village, Shengcheng, Shouguang City, was arrested. After being held in a detention center for a month, he was sent to Wangcun Forced Labor Camp in Zibo City, Shandong Province.
Shouguang City 610 Office : 86-536-5260610
4. [Jianli County, Hubei Province] Mr. Xia Changfu's Whereabouts Unknown after His Term Expired
On August 9, 2006, police from the Yang'e Police Station of Shunde City, the 610 Office, and the Xingou Police Office of Jianli County arrested Mr. Xia Changfu at his home. He was sentenced to one and a half years in prison and was detained in Guangdong Province Prison. His term expired on January 8, 2008, however, he was not released until now, and his whereabouts are unknown.
5. [Fushun City, Liaoning Province] 59-year-old Gong Lihua Taken Away at Noon on January 14, 2008
6. [Heilongjiang Province] On around January 10, 2008, Four or Five Practitioners from the Second Road at Jianshan District, Shuangyashan, Were Arrested. They Are Illegally Detained in a Detention Center
7. [Shuangyashan, Heilongjiang Province] More Information about Ms. Wang Yaojun and Ms. Tian Qi
Shuangyashan practitioner Ms. Wang Yaojun was arrested on January 7, 2008, and is in Shuangyashan Detention Center. After the police illegally searched Ms. Tian Qi's home, they went to the company where she works to harass her, but they did not succeed.
8. [Liaoning Province] The Prison Administration Bureau Transferred Detained Practitioners
On December 19, 2007, the Prison Administration Bureau of Liaoning Province transferred detained practitioners. It was said that three practitioners originally detained in Nanhuayuan Prison in Fushun City and 12 practitioners originally detained in Yingkou City Prison were transferred to the Fourth Division of Xihu Prison in Benxi City. The prison authorities took away all the money the practitioners carried. The practitioners are watched around the clock.
The prison stipulates that those who are not "transformed" will not be allowed to make phone calls, their families are not allowed to visit them, and they are not offered daily necessities.
9. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Sun Yuying Arrested
On December 11, 2007, Ms. Sun Yuyin, around 60, was taken away when she was selling goods near the airport. Now she is in Cell 8-1 in Yaojia Detention Center in Dalian City.
10. [Beijing City] Mr. Meng Xianmin Was Taken Away Six Months Ago and His Whereabouts Is Unknown
11. [Anhui Province] Mr. Wei Zhanyou, a Retired Senior Engineer in the People's Air Defense Office of Fuyang City, Illegally Sentenced to Four Years' Imprisonment
12. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Sixty-Year-Old Ms. Song Slapped in the Face for Distributing Truth-Clarification Materials
At around 3 a.m. on January 1, 2008, Ms. Song, in her 60s, went to post Falun Dafa truth-clarification materials in the Sanlian Community, Qingshan Worker Village, Wuhan City. After a person on duty from the neighborhood committee saw her, he slapped her in the face and reported her to police. On January 2, a policeman led people to Ms. Song's home and took away her identification card.
13. [Pengzhou City, Sichuan Province] Practitioners Including Ms. Qiu Guoju Arrested
On January 13, 2008, four Pengzhou City practitioners, Ms. Qiu Guoju, Ms. Jing Liangfang, Ms. Zhang Jiaqiong, and Ms. Luo Wanxiu, were arrested when they went to the towns near Pengzhou City to clarify the truth. Their whereabouts are unknown.
14. [Baotou City, Inner Mongolia] Mr. Li Zhenjiang Sentenced to 11 Years' Imprisonment
In October 2006, the National Security Team of the Qingshan District Police Department arrested Mr. Li Zhenjiang from Donghe District, Baotou City. He was illegally detained for more than a year. In December 2007, the Qingshan District Court of Baotou City sentenced him to 11 years' imprisonment. Mr. Li is still detained in the detention center of the Qianshan District Police Department.
In addition, several other practitioners were arrested in October 2007. Among them, Ms. Yan Jinri was sentenced to imprisonment and is now in the Donghe District Detention Center. Other practitioners were also detained in the Donghe District Brainwashing Center.
15. [Heilongjiang Province] On January 10, 2008, Police from the Fuyuan Police Station Arrested Falun Gong Practitioners Ms. Guo Shuying and Ms. Gong Hongmei from Farm 855 in Mishan City
16. [Honghezhou, Yunnan Province] Ms. Wang Yuzhong Arrested
Ms. Wang Yuzhong, 46, is an employee of the Gejiu Hardware Electric and Chemical Company in Honghezhou. On the afternoon of January 8, 2008, the police arrested her.
17. [Shandong Province] Two Companies Collude with the Shandong No. 2 Forced Labor Camp to Exploit Practitioners' Labor
The Cement Company of the Shanshui Group in Shandong Province collaborates with the Shandong No. 2 Forced Labor Camp and contracts its woven plastic business to the labor camp. The Jiaye Commodity Company in Shandong Province collaborates with the Shandong No. 2 Forced Labor Camp and contracts its glass craft business to the camp. The guards force the practitioners to work 12 hours per day and do not allow them to rest.
18. [Penglai City, Shandong Province] Ms. Ren Cuirong Persecuted in a Brainwashing Center
19. [Anda City, Heilongjiang Province] During the Evening on January 13, 2008, Ms. Guo Chen Was Arrested at Home and Her Home Was Searched
20. [Yi County, Liaoning Province] The Police Cursed Ms. Liu Yurong and Extorted Money from Her
In May 2006, 64-year-old Ms. Liu Yurong posted truth-clarification materials on the street. Six or seven policemen who were watching took her to the Yi County Police Department. The police cursed her. A policeman pasted a sheet of truth-clarification materials on Ms. Liu's face and laughed at her. Later on, the police extorted 2500 yuan from her before releasing her.
21. [Yi County, Liaoning Province] Yizhou Town Government and the Zhanqian Street Neighborhood Committee Persecute Ms. Song Guiying
Ms. Song Guiying, 64, lives on Zhanqian Street, Yi County, Liaoning Province. In November 2000, Cai Ruli, Party Secretary of Yizhou Town, and Peng Hongyan from the neighborhood committee led five or six people to take her to the town hall of Yizhou Town. She was held there for one night. The next day, the town government forced her to pay a 1000 yuan deposit and turn in her identification card. They also forced her family to write a guarantee statement for her to sign before releasing her.
Since 2000, the personnel from the neighborhood committee have gone to her home to harass her every sensitive day, which puts huge pressure on her and her family members.