Additional Persecution News from China - August 27, 2007 (43 Reports)
In today's report we relate persecution incidents that involve 39 cities or counties in 15 provinces. Twenty-seven practitioners were subjected to maltreatment during detention. Forty-nine practitioners were illegally arrested, and some of their homes were ransacked.
- [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Falun Gong Practitioner Niu Chuanmei Dies Five Days after Being Arrested; Her Family Has Only Seen Her Remains for Five Minutes
- [Laishui County, Hebei Province] Falun Gong Practitioner Li Zengmei Arrested
- [Dingxing County, Hebei Province] Dongluobao Township Officials Arrest Practitioner Liu Zhenping
- [Anyue County, Sichuan Province] Changhe Township Police Monitor Practitioner Huang Mei
- [Dehui City, Jilin Province] Practitioner Shen Zhaohui Arrested
- [Xianning City, Hubei Province] Police Harass Practitioner Fang Jinhong
- [Heilongjiang Province] Practitioner Jin Youfeng Suffers from Severe Pulmonary Tuberculosis in the Mudanjiang City Prison
- [Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province] Practitioner Gao Chunhua Arrested
- [Baoding City, Hebei Province] Practitioners Gu Qiang and Zhao Zongran Are Still Being Held
- [Shandong Province] Practitioner Cao Lizhi Dismissed from the Jining Medical University
- [Chaoyang City, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Ms. Gao Yuling, Held at the Wujiawa Detention Center, is on a Persecution-Protest Hunger Strike; Visits from Her Family are Forbidden
- [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Couple Jing Cuizhen and Sheng Fuji Arrested
- [Dandong City, Liaoning Province] Practitioners Held at the Kuandian County Detention Center Facing Illegal Sentences
- [Liaoning Province] Practitioner Dong Shufang is Still Being Held
- [Tieling City, Liaoning Province] Supplemental Information Regarding the Arrest of Practitioner Li Zhongyuan
- [Suihua City, Heilongjiang Province] Practitioner Mr. Bai Shulin Grossly Abused at the Suihua Forced Labor Camp
- [Mudanjiang City, Heilongjiang Province] Practitioner Shao Yan Arrested
- [Liaoning Province] Practitioner Mr. Wang Shusheng Persecuted at the Shenyang City Dabei No. 1 Prison's No.17 Ward
- [Qiqihar City, Heilongjiang Province] Practitioners Wang Xuqiu and Chi Shaoxing Arrested
- [Donggang City, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Liu Xingdi Arrested
- [Liaoning Province] Masanjia Forced Labor Camp Officials Keeps Practitioner Mu Chumei's Mother from Visiting Her
- [Hengren County, Liaoning Province] Practitioners Jiang Zhongrong and Wang Renqiu Sentenced to Six and Seven Years in Prison, Respectively, on August 23, 2007
- [Beijing] Practitioner Geng Jianhua Arrested
- [Shanghai] Practitioner Sun Zhuoying Arrested
- [Shunping County, Hebei Province] Practitioners Xiaoju and Shi Junyan Arrested
- [Renqiu City, Hebei Province] Renqiu City Court Rejects Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Chen Fenglei's Appeal
- [Dingzhou City, Hebei Province] Mr. Huang Ligang, around 40, from Beigaojiu Village, Liuzao Town Arrested at Work by Police on August 23
- [Quzhou County, Hebei Province] Mr. Han Qingfu Arrested When Explaining the Facts about Falun Gong
- [Zunhua City, Hebei Province] Persecution of Mr. Zhang Yunping
- [Nanpi County, Hebei Province] Numerous Practitioners Arrested and Persecuted
- [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Mr. Liang Hongzhong and Ms. Fang Guizhen Arrested and Homes Ransacked
- [Baoding City, Hebei Province] Mr. Li Xiuyun Arrested
- [Changzhi City, Shanxi Province] Ms. Shen Xianying Persecuted; Family Denied Visiting Rights
- [Yuzhou City, Henan Province] Ms. Jin Aiping and Other Practitioners Arrested [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Ms. Ma Xia Arrested in Mid-August 2007; Her Child is Left at Home Alone
- [Baotou City, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region] Numerous Practitioners Arrested
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Wuhan 610 Office Agents Arrest Ms. Zhou Ailing
- [Qiyang County, Hunan Province] Mr. Zou Lizhong Arrested
- [Longxi County, Gansu Province] Ms. Liu Ruxing Arrested
- [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Update on the Arrest of Mr. Tao Yuan
- [Dingzhou City, Hebei Province] Persecution of Ms. Wu Yanguo
- [Maoming City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Li Shaosong Sentenced to XSix Years in Prison and Held at the Maoming Detention Center
- [Wuwei City, Gansu Province] Ms. Wang Yucui Arrested at Home
1. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Falun Gong Practitioner Niu Chuanmei Dies Five Days after Being Arrested; Her Family Has Only Seen Her Remains for Five Minutes
Police arrested 62-year-old Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Niu Chuanmei from the Baiyun District in Guangzhou City on August 15, 2007. Her family received her death notice on August 20, 2007.
Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Niu Chuanmei graduated from the Central University of Finance & Economics in 1967 and worked as an economist in the Guangzhou City Construction Bank's No.1 Branch. She retired in November 1999 and started Falun Gong practice in early 1999. She went to appeal for Falun Gong in Beijing three times in 2000. Ms. Niu was arrested toward the end of 2000 and sentenced to two years of forced labor in March 2001.
Ms. Niu was again arrested and persecuted in the city's brainwashing center in the latter half of 2004.
Personnel from the city's Tongde Street Police Station arrested Ms. Niu on November 6, 2006 when she distributed Falun Gong materials. Personnel from the police station, the Jingtai Street Police Station and the street residential committees broke into Ms. Niu's home and ransacked the place. They confiscated all of her Dafa books and materials. She was then held at the Baiyun District Detention Center for five days. Agents from the district's prosecuting department formally charged her on December 25, 2006.
Personnel from the Jingtai Street Police Station and the Baiyun District Police Department arrested Ms. Niu again at noon on August 15, 2007. Her family wanted to visit her several times, but all of their requests were turned down.
Ms. Niu's son received a notice from the district's political and judiciary committee on August 20, 2007, saying that Ms. Niu jumped from the 14th floor in the Guangdong Province Police Hospital. The officials claimed that the autopsy report would be available ten days later. They did not want Ms. Niu's family to see the body. Eventually, funeral home officials agreed that the family could see Ms. Niu's body for five minutes, but they would not be allowed to take pictures.
Liu Chunsheng, the Baiyun District National Security Division in Guangzhou
City: 86-13609086427 (C)
Jingtai Street Police Station: 86-20-86574921, 86-20-83111222
Luo Xizheng, Jingtain Street Police Station: 86-20-33163082 (O), 86-20-33557525 (H)
Zhang Qingsheng, Guangzhou City "610 Office" head: 86-20-61382058
Li Qiongyang, Guangdong Province "610 Office" head: 86-13902237307 (C), 86-20-38866148 (H)
2. [Laishui County, Hebei Province] Falun Gong Practitioner Li Zengmei Arrested
Several officers, including Dai Chunjie from the Laishui County Police Department, broke into practitioner Ms. Li Zengmei's home in the Beiyuta Village of Jiulong Town on August 23, 2007. They ransacked the place and confiscated valuables worth 5,000 Yuan. Ms. Li is presently being held at the county detention center.
3. [Dingxing County, Hebei Province] Dongluobao Township Officials Arrest Practitioner Liu Zhenping
Personnel from the Dongluobao Township government in Dingxing County broke into practitioner Ms. Liu Zhenping's home and forcibly took her to the township government on June 6, 2007. They held her in the township's detention center for ten days and extorted 3,000 Yuan from her family. Ms. Liu's family has so far been fined nearly 10,000 Yuan, which has impoverished the family.
Ms. Liu went to appeal for Falun Gong in September 1999. Local government officials took her back and beat her. They held her for a month and forced her to write a guarantee statement to stop practicing Falun Gong. Later, they fined her family 1,000 Yuan and then released her. Ms. Liu's husband was afraid of implication in the persecution and often beat her to try to get her to stop practicing Falun Gong.
Local government officials ransacked Ms. Liu's home and arrested her on January 18, 2002. They fined the family about 3,000 Yuan.
4. [Anyue County, Sichuan Province] Changhe Township Police Monitor Practitioner Huang Mei
Practitioner Ms. Huang Mei went to visit her grandmother in Changhe Township, Anyue County on June 13, 2007. Officer Yuan Debing from the township's police station began monitoring Ms. Huang at 8:00 a.m. on June 14, 2007.
Ms. Huang and her family have often been harassed since 1999. Her non-practitioner mother Ms. Wang Mingshu was often ordered to go to the police station and was questioned regarding Ms. Huang's whereabouts.
Changhe Township Government in Anyue County: 86-832-4330017
Changhe Township Police Station: 86-832-4330648, head Wang Rong
5. [Dehui City, Jilin Province] Practitioner Shen Zhaohui Arrested
Two officers from the Dehui City Guangming Police Station broke into practitioner Mr. Shen Zhaohui's home in the family's absence at 11:00 a.m. on August 22, 2007. They ransacked the home and confiscated one of Master's pictures, a tape recorder and many Dafa books. Later on they arrested Mr. Shen Zhaohui and put him into the city's detention center.
6. [Xianning City, Hubei Province] Police Harass Practitioner Fang Jinhong
Three officers headed by Xianning City National Security Division chief Jin Guoxing arrested practitioner Ms. Fang Jinhong. She is an employee of the city's Agriculture Environment Protection Station. The arrest happened at 4:00 p.m. on May 21, 2007 when she went to pick up her son at kindergarten. Ms. Fang and her son were put into the Shuanghe Police Station, followed by incarceration in the Hubei Province Tangxunhu Brainwashing Center. She was released 20 days later. Ms. Fang's was not paid the last two months' salary.
Xianning City Agriculture Bureau: 86-715-8056231
Jin Guoxing, Xianning City National Security Division chief: 86-13807249208
7. [Heilongjiang Province] Practitioner Jin Youfeng Suffers from Severe Pulmonary Tuberculosis in the Mudanjiang City Prison
Practitioner Mr. Jin Youfeng, a former teacher at Mudanjiang City Normal University, has been held at the city's prison for a long time. He suffers from severe pulmonary tuberculosis. He is in critical condition. .
Mr. Jin had been bailed out for hospitalization, but personnel from the Huanghua Police Station attempted to force him to write the three statements. Mr. Jin refused, and the police put him back into the city's prison.
Mr. Jin's wife Ms. Jiang Chunmei was sentenced to imprisonment in 2003 and is presently being held at the Harbin City Women's Prison. The couple's two children live with their grandmother, who has no income.
Huanghua Police Station: 86-453-6500600
Mudanjiang Prison: 86-453-6404715, 86-453-6404755
Chen Shougang, prison warden: 86-453-6404715-8000, 8388, 86-13904676888 (C)
Yu Jinghe, political head: 86-13904835888, 86-13904935558 (C)
8. [Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province] Practitioner Gao Chunhua Arrested
Personnel from the Dafengying Township Police Station colluded with Dongli Village Secretary Liu Xihe and arrested practitioner Ms. Gao Chunhua from the village on June 20, 2007. Ms. Gao is presently being held at the city's detention center.
Ge Tiancong, Dafengying Police Station: 86-318-3319706 (H), 86-13383683066
Yang Qingyu: 86-318-3637515 (H)
Li Xiaoliang, Dafengying Township head: 86-318-3637717 (O), 86-13932865322 (C)
Liu Xihe, Dongli Village Secretary: 86-318-3647576 (H)
9. [Baoding City, Hebei Province] Practitioners Gu Qiang and Zhao Zongran Are Still Being Held
Practitioner Ms. Yuan Guihua from Fuping County, Baoding City was arrested on July 31, 2007. She went on a persecution-protest hunger strike and became emaciated. She was released on August 26, 2007.
Practitioners Mr. Gu Qiang and Ms. Zhao Zongran are still being held at the county's detention center.
10. [Shandong Province] Practitioner Cao Lizhi Dismissed from the Jining Medical University
Practitioner Ms. Cao Lizhi gave her classmate some Falun Gong materials but was reported to university officials. The officials ordered her to give up Falun Gong practice, but Ms. Gao refused and was thus dismissed from the university.
Related phone number:
Liu Changqing: 86-537-2203885
Wang Xuechun: 86-537-2203821
Jiang Jiyu: 86-537-2203848
Liu Xuejing: 86-537-2203860
11. [Chaoyang City, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Ms. Gao Yuling, Held at the Wujiawa Detention Center, is on a Persecution-Protest Hunger Strike; Visits from Her Family are Forbidden
Huang Xianyu, Wujiawa Detention Center chief: 86-421-3814329 (O),
86-421-2621771 (H), 86-13898233355 (C)
Feng Zhenjie, the officer in charge of Ms. Gao's case: 86-421-2927076 (O), 86-421-2624141 (H), 86-13304213996 (C)
Qiao Fengqun, a division chief: 86-13842175515
12. [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Couple Jing Cuizhen and Sheng Fuji Arrested
Some guards arrested practitioner Ms. Jing Cuizhen from the Tanghezi Area in the Taihe District, Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province and put her into the Nuerhe Police Station at 10:00 a.m. on August 25, 2007. Police ransacked her home and arrested her husband Mr. Sheng Fuji. The couple is presently held at the police station.
Li Jiuyi, Nuerhe Police Station chief: 86-416-5136158
Policemen: Xu Quanhai: 86-416-5139243; Wang Yongqiang: 86-13904965251 (C); Hu Deyuan: 86-13634968919 (C)
13. [Dandong City, Liaoning Province] Practitioners Held at the Kuandian County Detention Center Facing Illegal Sentences
Practitioners Ms. Wu, Ms. Li and Ms. Sun, who are being held at the Kuandian County Detention Center in Dandong City, will be sentenced to forced labor, to be served in the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp.
14. [Liaoning Province] Practitioner Dong Shufang is Still Being Held
Practitioner Ms. Dong Shufang, 68 years old, from Fengcheng City, was sent into the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp several months ago, but the latter refused her admission because of her poor health. The city "610 Office" agents did not release her, but put her into the city's detention center.
15. [Tieling City, Liaoning Province] Supplemental Information Regarding the Arrest of Practitioner Li Zhongyuan
Practitioner Ms. Li Zhongyuan was arrested and put into the Tieling City Detention Center at 9:00 p.m. on August 13, 2007 when he distributed Falun Gong materials near the Tieling City Caihong Bridge. Police ransacked his home and confiscated some Dafa books and materials.
Xie Xiangjun, Tieling City National Security Division: 86-13464170891 (C),
Wang Liang: 86-13904901112 (C)
Tieling City Yinzhou District's Political Security Section: 86-410-4848790
16. [Suihua City, Heilongjiang Province] Practitioner Mr. Bai Shulin Grossly Abused at the Suihua Forced Labor Camp
Practitioner Mr. Bai Shulin was tied to a metal chair for more than ten days in the Suihua City Forced Labor Camp in February 2007. He was made to wear a pair of earphones and compelled to listen to Dafa-slandering programs.
Mr. Bai was diagnosed with a herniated lumbar disc and pulmonary infection on August 8, 2007. He is bedridden and has not eaten anything for nine days.
17. [Mudanjiang City, Heilongjiang Province] Practitioner Shao Yan Arrested
Personnel from the Mudanjiang City National Security Division arrested practitioner Ms. Shao Yan from her workplace on August 13, 2007. They ransacked her home and confiscated her computer. Ms. Shao was fined 3,000 Yuan and then released on August 14, 2007.
18. [Liaoning Province] Practitioner Mr. Wang Shusheng Persecuted at the Shenyang City Dabei No. 1 Prison's No. 17 Ward
No. 17 Ward: 86-24-8929331, 86-24-8929332
Zhou Donghua, prison administration section: 86-24-89296218
Prison chief: 86-24-89296123
19. [Qiqihar City, Heilongjiang Province] Practitioners Wang Xuqiu and Chi Shaoxing Arrested
Two policemen arrested practitioners Ms. Wang Xuqiu and Ms. Chi Shaoxing from the Dafuyuan Area. The two practitioners were put into the Tiefeng Police Department's Longhua Street Police Station.
20. [Donggang City, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Liu Xingdi Arrested
Practitioner Mr. Liu Xingdi from Huangtukan Town, Donggang City was reported and then arrested on August 14, 2007. He is presently being held at the city detention center.
21. [Liaoning Province] Masanjia Forced Labor Camp Officials Keeps Practitioner Mu Chumei's Mother from Visiting Her
Practitioner Ms. Mu Chunmei's mother took a train to visit her daughter in the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp and arrived at 8:00 a.m. on August 23, 2007. Police told her that since her daughter was working, she could see her after 11:00 a.m. They asked her opinion about Falun Gong, and she refused to answer. Thus, they refused to let her see her daughter.
22. [Hengren County, Liaoning Province] Practitioners Jiang Zhongrong and Wang Renqiu Sentenced to Six and Seven Years in Prison, Respectively, on August 23, 2007
23. [Beijing] Practitioner Geng Jianhua Arrested
Personnel from the Bohai Town Police Department and from the "610 Office" arrested practitioner Mr. Geng Jianhua from Nanye Village, Bohai Town, the Huairou District, Beijing on August 24, 2007. Two other practitioners have also been arrested in Zhengjiazhuang Village, Beifang Town, the Huairou District in Beijing.
24. [Shanghai] Practitioner Sun Zhuoying Arrested
Practitioner Ms. Sun Zhuoying, who lives in No. 13-6 Building in Youyi Village in Shanghai's Baogang District, was arrested about ten days ago. Her whereabouts are unknown.
25. [Shunping County, Hebei Province] Practitioners Xiaoju and Shi Junyan Arrested
Personnel from the Hekou Township Police Station arrested practitioners Ms. Xiaoju and Ms. Shi Junyan and ransacked their homes at 8:00 a.m. on August 23, 2007. They confiscated Ms. Xiaoju's VCD player, some CDs, and two satellite TV receivers. They then colluded with personnel from the Shunping County Police Department. About 40 policemen ransacked several practitioners' and former practitioners' homes. They confiscated every practitioner's satellite receivers. Non-practitioner Mr. Shi Congguang was arrested and eventually released after paying a 500-Yuan fine.
Ji Xinping, Shunping County Zhaipozhuang Women's Union chief: 86-312-7685268
Nan Leqi, Zhaipozhuang Village Party Secretary: 86-13930842717 (C)
Baiyun Township Police Station: 86- 312-7649347
26. [Renqiu City, Hebei Province] Renqiu City Court Rejects Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Chen Fenglei's Appeal
Officers from the Renqiu City Police Department arrested Ms. Chen on June 9, 2006. The Renqiu City Court sentenced her to six years in prison on November 3, 2006. She and her family appealed based on the government's inappropriate application of the law. She requested reversal of the original verdict, but the Renqiu City Court upheld the sentence. Chen Fenglei and her family further appealed at the Cangzhou City Intermediate Court on August 22, 2007.
Liu Wuling: Cangzhou City Intermediate Court head, 86-317-2054667 (O)
Gong Xiudong: Surveillance Court head, 86-317-2054058
Zhang Xingfeng: assistant judge 86-317-2054693
27. [Dingzhou City, Hebei Province] Mr. Huang Ligang, around 40, from Beigaojiu Village, Liuzao Town Arrested at Work by Police on August 23.
He worked at a casting factory in Wangdu County.
28. [Quzhou County, Hebei Province] Mr. Han Qingfu Arrested When Explaining the Facts About Falun Gong
Mr. Han Qingfu was arrested at 4:00 p.m. on August 24, 2007 when distributing Falun Gong materials and was taken to the Dahedao Police Station. Officers from the Dahedao Police Station and from the Anzhai Police Station broke into Han Qingfu's home at 7:00 p.m. that same day and ransacked it. They took away portraits of Mr. Li Hongzhi [the founder of Falun Gong], as well as Falun Gong books and materials.
Dahedao Police Station: 86-310-8943978
Anzhai Police Station: 86-310-8943133
Long Xinjie: head of Anzhai Police Station, 86-13082106688 (C)
29. [Zunhua City, Hebei Province] Persecution of Mr. Zhang Yunping
Mr. Zhang Yunping from Taoyuan Village, Xixiaying Township in Zunhua City was reported when posting banners to dispel false CCP propaganda. Party official Yuan Lanzhen led "610 Office" head Wang Jiguo to Zhang Yunping's home. They broke in and ransacked it at noon on April 13, 2007 [lunar calendar] and took away his MP3 player. One week later, village Party Secretary Zhang Yanzong led six officials from the city government, from the township "610 Office," the police department, and the Political and Judiciary Committee and went to Zhang Yunping's home, accompanied by a cameraman. They threatened him, and one of the officials ordered him to slander Falun Gong. A police officer said they would take him to the city brainwashing center.
30. [Nanpi County, Hebei Province] Numerous Practitioners Arrested and Persecuted
Wang Yuliang, head of the Nanpi County Police Department's Public Security Division, led police officers as they barged into the home of Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Zhou Hongxin in Wumaying Village, Wumaying Township, Nanpi County on July 20, 2007. They took away his computer and external hard drives.
Zhou Hongxin and her non-practitioner husband Shi Yinguo have been held at the police department since August 3, 2007.
Wang Yuliang, Shan Ziqing and four other officers arrested practitioner Ms. Gong Jinfeng in the afternoon of August 6, 2007 and held her at the Botou Detention Center.
They arrested and detained practitioner Mr. Hou Mingli on August 21, 2007.
Wang Yuliang: Nanpi County Police Department Public Security Division head,
86-317-8853077 (H), 86-13832717188 (C)
31. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Mr. Liang Hongzhong and Ms. Fang Guizhen Arrested and Homes Ransacked
Mr. Liang Hongzhong and his sister-in-law Ms. Fang Guizhen were reported and arrested on August 22. Their homes in Liangjiazhuang Village, Mucun Town, Fangzi District, Weifang City were ransacked.
32. [Baoding City, Hebei Province] Mr. Li Xiuyun Arrested
Ms. Li Xiuyun lived in Ying Village, Xushui County, Baoding City, Shandong Province. Officers from the police department's National Security Division arrested her on July 23, 2007. They transferred her to the county custody center on July 24, 2007.
33. [Changzhi City, Shanxi Province] Ms. Shen Xianying Persecuted; Family Denied Visiting Rights
Ms. Shen Xianying, 61, was a retired worker from Wangzhuang Coal Mine, a subsidiary of the Luan Mining Bureau in Changzhi City, Shanxi Province. The local authorities arrested her on March 2, 2006 and sentenced her to two years of forced labor at the Shanxi Province Women's Forced Labor Camp.
The labor camp authorities called her family on July 30, 2007 and informed them that Shen Xianying had been hospitalized for a stroke. Her family went to the hospital and the forced labor camp, but they were not allowed to see her. The labor camp head told her family when they made their second request to see her, "Bring 5,000 Yuan, and I'll let you see her!"
34. [Yuzhou City, Henan Province] Ms. Jin Aiping and Other Practitioners Arrested
Officers from the Politics and Security Section at Yuzhou City Police Department broke into the home of Ms. Jin Aiping, a senior teacher, in the evening of June 15, 2007. The police took Jin Aiping and her non-practitioner husband away and confiscated their literature producing machines, computers and raw materials for making fliers worth around 10,000 Yuan.
Yuzhou City police arrested Ms. Wang Ruifen, a teacher at the No. 1 Juntai Middle School, when she was clarifying the facts about Falun Gong. She is now held at the Yuzhou City Detention Center.
35. [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Ms. Ma Xia Arrested in Mid-August 2007; Her Child is Left at Home Alone
36. [Baotou City, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region] Numerous Practitioners Arrested
Officers from the No. 4 Police Station and from the No. 8 Police Station in Baotou City broke into the homes of two practitioners: 25-year-old Ms. Ying Ying and Ms. Zhang, who is in her 60's. They took both women to the Guchengwan Prison in the Hedong District of Baotou City.
A partial estimate reveals the arrest of more than ten practitioners. They are Ms. Li Shuying, Ms. Zhao Guiying, Ms. Er Ping, Ms. Xian Ping, Ms. Wang Juan, Ms. Feng Feng, Ms. Xia Xia, Ms. Li Lanying, Mr. Peng Chao, Ms. Mao Mao, Ms. Liu Lianping and Ms. Zhang Hongmei.
37. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Wuhan "610 Office" Agents Arrest Ms. Zhou Ailing
"610 Office" agents arrested Ms. Zhou Aiping at work on August 23, 2007 at the Chongren Division of Wuhan City Industry and Commerce Bureau. They took her to a brainwashing center. This is the third time "610 Office" agents have arrested Zhou Ailing.
Chongren Division of Wuhan City Industry and Commerce Bureau: 86-27-83806861
38. [Qiyang County, Hunan Province] Mr. Zou Lizhong Arrested
Party secretary Chen from Baizhutang reported Mr. Zou Lizhong from Qiyang County in early August 2007 when he studied Falun Gong books with other practitioners. Chen led Qiyang County Political and Judiciary Committee secretary Zheng Yi and 11 officers from the Qiliqiao Town Police Station to Zou Lizhong's home on August 17, 2007. They broke in and dragged Zou Lizhong away. He is currently being held at the Qiyang Detention Center.
39. [Longxi County, Gansu Province] Ms. Liu Ruxing Arrested
A group of police arrested Ms. Liu Ruxing from Longxi County on August 24,2007. Wang Fuxing, head of the Security Division at Northwest Aluminum Corporation, led the group. The police ransacked Ms. Liu's home and took Falun Gong books, pictures of Mr. Li Hongzhi and Falun Gong-related materials. Practitioner Ms. Li Meili's home was ransacked on the same day.
Wang Fuxing: head of the Security Division, 86-932-6627198 (H), 86-932-6629658 (O)
Yan Ping: head of the factory, 86-932-6628803
Xiao Deping: Party Secretary, 86-932-6628801
40. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Update on the Arrest of Mr. Tao Yuan
Officers from the Jinyang Police Station in Chengdu City arrested Mr. Tao Yuan on January 28, 2006. He has so far been held at the Chengdu City Detention Center. When his family requested his release at the police department, they were told to go to the Procuratorate, which in turn told them to appeal at the court. Tao Yuan's 80-year-old father went to different government agencies to appeal for justice, but was stonewalled at every turn.
Jinyang Police Station: 86-28-87428110
Luo Gang: head of Jinyang Police Station, 86-28-89017333
Hu Youcai and Zhen Weifang: Jinyang Street Residential Committee, 86-28-89668916, 86-28-87433573
41. [Dingzhou City, Hebei Province] Persecution of Ms. Wu Yanguo
Officials seized Ms. Wu Yanguo, a Dingzhou native of Shijiazhuang City on August 18, 2007 to persecute her. The city officials refused to accept her and said, "Who would still do such a thing [persecute Falun Gong] now?" Wu Yanguo was taken to the Dingzhou City Detention Center. Her family requested her release many times, but National Security Division head Ma Tiezhu avoided the family and told them to talk to people at the Legal Section at the police department. The family saw a weakened Wu Yanguo at the detention center on August 25.
Li Yuechang: Legal Section Head at the police department, 86-312-2332698 (O),
86-312-2583828 (H), 86-13603227158 (C)
Yang Zhimin: Deputy Section Head, 86-312-2321597 (O), 86-312-2304679 (pager)
Ma Tiezhu: National Security Division head, 86-312-2333016 (O), 86-312-2322202 (H), 86-13333127197 (C)
42. [Maoming City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Li Shaosong Sentenced to XSix Years in Prison and Held at the Maoming Detention Center
43. [Wuwei City, Gansu Province] Ms. Wang Yucui Arrested at Home
Someone reported Ms. Wang Yucui from Liangzhou District, Wuwei City the evening of August 17, 2007 as she distributed Falun Gong materials. The police then arrested her and ransacked her home. They took away Falun Gong books and materials, and held her at the Liangzhou District Police Department for two days, after which they sent her to the Heping Detention Center.
Officers from the Liangzhou District government, the National Security Division at the district police department and the "610 Office" have been following and arresting practitioners and ransacking their homes since March of this year. Seven practitioners' homes were ransacked, and the practitioners were taken to brainwashing centers. Six of them have returned home, but not until their families were each fined 4,000 Yuan.