(Clearwisdom.net) At about 6:30 pm on March 22, 2006, three policemen from the National Protection Team of the Public Security Bureau in Shuizai County broke into Falun Dafa practitioner Nie Benlian's home. They searched the house and made a mess of it. Mr. Nie's grandson saw this and reprimanded them loudly: "You people are robbers! Stop the robbery at my house." The policemen didn't listen. They wanted to arrest Mr. Nie, but he shouted loudly, "Falun Dafa is good!" Neighbors came running to the house to see what had happened. They scolded the three policemen: "Why don't you go catch bad people? Why do you bully the good people? Don't you people have any conscience?" The three policemen originally wanted to catch someone to get some reward money. But they were given a good dressing-down and slipped away shamefaced.

Nie Benlian is in his 60s. He suffered from tracheitis and a stroke, but not long after he started to practice Falun Gong, he recovered completely and the family was very happy for him.

Mr. Wang Jun, a Falun Dafa practitioner in his fifties, suffered various diseases. After he started to practiced Falun Gong, all his illnesses were gone. But then he was sentenced to three years in a labor camp. Three years later, Mr. Wang was transferred to the Xiangcheng Prison. Six months later he was then sent to the Xuchang Labor Camp and kept there for another two years. The police officers in the labor camp shocked him with electric batons, tied him with ropes and put him on the tiger bench. He was fired from his job as well.

Ms. Liu Jinfang is a Dafa practitioner in her thirties. She was put into prison and was interrogated in the middle of the night. Six policemen from the local Public Security Bureau rented a room in the Lianhua Hotel. There they hung her up with her hands cuffed behind her back. They beat her with a leather belt until she fainted. Then they poured cold water over her until she woke up. Then they hammered sharp bamboo sticks into her middle fingers through the tips of the fingernails and burned her face with lit cigarettes. Ms Liu wanted to go to the toilet but the policemen didn't allow her. At dawn she passed into a coma. The six policemen sprayed perfume over her body and called the doctor. They lied to the doctor, telling him that she was hit by a falling tree.

Ms. Sun Shimei was a Dafa practitioner in her forties. She was sent to a labor camp in Zhengzhou City, where she was beaten to death, leaving her two children behind. One of her children was studying at university and the other one at middle school. The police threatened her family, warning them not to make any appeals and saying they were not responsible for the death. They put pressure on Ms. Sun's family and on the leaders of her work unit. Her family members stayed in Zhengzhou for over a month and were given 30,000 yuan as a burial fee. The policeman who caused the death of Sun Shimei, however, got off scot-free.

Wu Zixiang is a Dafa practitioner in his fifties. Late one night, policeman Liu Guoqing led more than 100 people to break into his home, putting up ladders and climbing over a wall. They kicked the doors and lay in wait on the ground with pistols in their hands. They pointed the pistols at all in the family. The children howled with fright. And the adults trembled. The police searched every corner of the house but found nothing. One policeman pointed a pistol at Wu Zixiang's wife and asked where Wu Zixiang was. After they learned that he was in his hometown looking after his sick mother, this gang of people went down to Mr. Wu's hometown and arrested him. His elderly mother was scared to death and lay in bed crying her heart out. She kept shouting, "Don't take my son away. My son has committed no crime."

Married couple Zhong are both Dafa practitioners in their seventies. They were illegally arrested and sent to prison. The police didn't release the couple until they had extorted 70,000 yuan from them.

Ms. Tian Suhua is a Dafa practitioner in her thirties. She was illegally arrested and sent to prison. On the hottest days in summer she was forced to squat outside under the scorching sun. If she moved even a bit, the policemen would kick and punch her. Their purpose was to make her give up her belief in Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance. Ms. Tian was then sent to the Shibalihe Labor Camp in Zhengzhou City. She was persecuted severely there and became disabled. She could barely see and could hardly walk, and after she was released, she had to be looked after by her mother. After Tian Suhua had only been home several days, the policemen went to her home and took her away again. She was sent to the detention center where she was again brutally persecuted.

Dafa practitioners Wei Xiaoma and Fu Meilan, a married couple, were sent to prison and persecuted. They were released after heavy fines were extorted from them. Police often went to their home to harass them. The couple had no other choice but to leave home to avoid the persecution. They still have not been able to return home.

Ms. Zhao Shujing, a Dafa practitioner in her sixties, has been in prison for a long time. She was inhumanely persecuted and suffered a mental collapse as a result.

The National Protection Brigade, under the Municipal Public Security Bureau, took many Dafa practitioners' money. Practitioners Feng Lei, Liu Guiping, Cui Xuguang and Songmei were fined. Some families were broken up because of the heavy fines. Some went bankrupt and others were forced to become destitute and homeless. Still others were burdened with heavy debts. Meanwhile, the policemen who got the fines spent the money frivolously.