(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Zhao Yanlai is a practitioner from Li County, Hebei Province. In the past five years, because he practices Falun Dafa, he has been persecuted by the CCP and forced to stay away from his home.

Mr. Zhao Yanlai was an employee of the former Li County Cement Factory (now called the Jingbian Factory). Before practicing Dafa, he had many diseases, such as severe hepatitis, gastritis, neurasthenia, etc. He needed medication throughout the year. He was also a heavy drinker and tended to bother others after drinking. He once swore at his workplace's Party Secretary. He even beat and injured customers and other employees' family members. At home, he swore at his wife, and they had a very tense life.

In August 1995 of the lunar calendar, Mr. Zhao Yanlai was very fortunate to start practicing Falun Dafa. After that, his illnesses disappeared. He became healthy and stopped drinking and smoking. He also stopped gambling and no longer beat or swore at others. His family relationships also improved. While disciplining himself with the principles of "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance," his attitude toward life changed fundamentally.

One day, Mr. Zhao Yanlai gathered the things previously taken from his factory, put them in a cart, and returned them to the factory. He said, "I took these from the factory in the past. Now I practice Falun Gong, and Teacher asks us to be good people. So now I am returning them." Everyone on the site raised their thumbs, "Falun Gong is so good! Yanlai is like a different person!"

On July 20, 1999, the CCP started a nationwide persecution against Falun Gong. In accordance with his basic rights granted by the constitution, Mr. Zhao Yanlai went to Beijing on that same day to appeal for Dafa. However, he was arrested and detained in Li County Detention Center for half a month.

In the winter of 1999, Mr. Zhao Yanlai wrote a letter to the Appeals Bureau of the State Council with his real contact information. In the letter, he described the mind and body improvements he had experienced since practicing Dafa. Because of this, Li County National Security Division Chief Chen Guixing and some other officials sent him to the county detention center and detained him there for about two months.

One night in February 2001, at about 1 a.m., Zhu Bin and several other policemen from the local police station broke in and arrested Mr. Zhao Yanlai from his home. They confiscated his Dafa books, tape player, meditation mat, flashlight, etc. In the police station, Zhu Bin and others interrogated Mr. Zhao Yanlai and later sent him to Baoding Forced Labor Camp.

In the labor camp, police guards tortured Mr. Zhao Yanlai brutally in order to "transform" him. They also brought in some former practitioners who had enlightened along an evil path to try to persuade him. Mr. Zhao Yanlai was also deprived of sleep for 48 hours. Seeing they were unable to "transform" Mr. Zhao, the officials sent him to Division II for labor. Once a day, Division I Head Li Dayong specifically went to Division II to "visit" Mr. Zhao Yanlai and beat him brutally with police batons when he saw Mr. Zhao still practicing Dafa. Li Dayong also instructed prisoners to tie him to a wooden pole and then sealed his mouth with tape. After several days, without any cause, Division II Head Pan Dehong stretched Mr. Zhao's arm upward and handcuffed him like that on the wooden pole for an entire day. After 20 days, Mr. Zhao was brought back to Division I for enforced persecution on the fourth floor.

In June 2001, Mr. Zhao had an opportunity to return home. He was very clear that there is nothing wrong with following the principles of "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance," let alone should a person be persecuted for doing so. Therefore, he did not return to the labor camp. As a result, the police looked for him all the time and sometimes even broke into his home at midnight attempting to capture him. Mr. Zhao Yanlai has consequently been forced to stay away from home during the past five years.

One evening in October 2004, Mr. Zhao Yanlai returned home to visit his wife and granddaughter. Five minutes after his arrival, the police came. Using his wisdom, Mr. Zhao escaped, but one of his relatives (also a practitioner) was arrested. Later, that relative also escaped with righteous thoughts.

Mr. Zhao's oldest son passed away, and his youngest son often went out of town to make a living. Therefore, only his wife, who is in her 50s, and a less than 10-year-old granddaughter are left at home. At the end of 2003, his wife was severely ill and was bleeding internally from a tumor in her uterus. She was in a life-threatening situation. Mr. Zhao Yanlai's wife has had difficulty enduring the endless harassment from the police. Whenever she hears someone come to the door, she gets nervous and her heart pounds rapidly. Over the past several years, the elderly and the young have spent thousands of days and nights in worry and anxiety.