(Clearwisdom.net) Whenever I read fellow practitioners' memoirs of seeing Master in person, I am always moved to tears.

I was a lay Buddhist before I started practicing Falun Dafa in 1993. Since 1983, during the most difficult period of time in my life, I had often been enlightened by Bodhisattva Avalokitesvara in my dreams. As a result, I became a Buddhist. From then on, my main desire became to ask Buddha to save me from the suffering of the human world, in addition to the duty of raising and providing for my children. Regardless of life's difficulties, I always steadfastly cultivated myself, recited the scriptures and meditated. Once, I dreamed that Buddha Maitreya had placed a bag of scriptures in my living room. He had a smile on his face and indicated that the scriptures were for me and that I should cultivate well. Later, I often had many insights while in deep meditation. When I think about it now, I believe that although I was cultivating in Buddhism, it was all carefully arranged by Master.

In those days, I often traveled. Wherever I went, I always wanted to find good teachers and look for fellow cultivators. One time, I passed by a big temple located on top of a mountain. At the foot of the mountain was a smaller temple where a Taoist lived. He told me that I had already had two good teachers, but that I would soon meet my most exalted one. Soon after that, I had a dream in which a tall young man with a compassionate and solemn face was standing on the left hand side of Bodhisattva Avalokitesvara. Bodhisattva pointed at me and said to the young man, "I gave you a disciple." The man looked at me with a smile and said, "Good." I saw that His smile was full of kindness. I respectfully put my hands together and raised them in front of my head.

In the autumn of 1993, I saw Master in person. I heard that a very famous Qigong master was giving lectures in Wuhan. I immediately took off because I recognized that it was predestined and that I would finally find my Master. I arrived in Wuhan on the next day and walked through many streets to ask for directions to the lecture. Finally, a lay Buddhist at Guiyuan Temple told me that the lecture was at Wugang. I got there just as it was getting dark, and saw people going into the lecture hall. I found the registration office and got a ticket for the lecture, which was supposed to start at 6:30 p.m. I did not have time to find food or lodging and just walked into the lecture hall along with everyone else.

I was two days late for the lecture series. When I walked into the lecture hall, it was already full. There were two to three thousand people waiting quietly in their seats. As soon as I sat down, a person appeared on stage and thunderous applause filled the lecture hall. I took a closer look and saw that He was tall, dignified, and full of compassion. He was holding one hand up to show his appreciation. I immediately realized that it was the Master who had appeared in my dream. Yes, I had finally found Him and I was overwhelmed! I felt a warm energy flow through my body. I was so amazed that I forgot how tired and hungry I was from my travels. I understood how hard it was to obtain the Fa. I had finally found the Master for whom I had been looking. It was predestined through Master's compassion. Buddha's mercy had led me to the true path of cultivation.

After the lecture, everyone lingered and did not wish to leave. The students stood in the large plaza outside the lecture hall, which was full of people. I wondered why no one wanted to leave at this late hour. Since it was my first day, I had yet to find lodging. I thought of leaving but I had never seen such a scene before. I knew that everyone was waiting for Teacher to come out.

I was not willing to leave either and without thinking, I walked toward the left side of the plaza where the parking lot was. I stood next to a black car when I saw that people started to move. Because I was standing pretty far away and the crowds were thick, I could not see clearly. A group of people came towards me and I suddenly realized that Master stood in front of me. I hurriedly stepped away so that Master could get into the car. The driver and other people all got into the car, but Master still stood in front of me and regarded me with a smile. It was as if a loving father was looking at his child returning to Him after a long separation.

I was only couple of feet away from Master. I looked up at Him, feeling very warm and did not know what to say. With tears in my eyes, I finally said, "Greetings, Master." Master replied, "Good! Good! Good!" His hands were searching the pockets of his shirts and pants. Nobody knew what Master was looking for. I saw that Master was taller than anyone else. His hair was pitch black, and his eyes were shiny. He was kind, gentle and approachable.

Soon, a staff member in the car invited Master to get into the car. Master turned to them and asked the people in the car, "Does anyone have my card?" Everyone in the car started searching and I realized the car was full except for the seat next to the driver. Someone in the car said, "I have one." Master said, "Give it to me quickly. I will return one to you when we get back." Master then handed it to me. I could not find the words to express my gratitude and respect. I put my hands together and accepted the card with tears in my eyes. Master then turned and got into the car. We waved goodbye. As I watched the car drive away, I could not calm myself. Other students were very envious and passed the card around. We were so happy.

During the lecture, Master was very casual with students. One time, Master was teaching the second exercise and I was holding the wheel when I heard Master say, "Make it a little bigger." His voice was just next to me and when I opened my eyes, I saw that Master was indeed standing next to me and teaching me personally.

The experience during the lecture series was unforgettable. Just as Master said,

"I think that those who can listen to my lectures in person, I would say, honestly... you will realize in the future that this period of time is extremely precious." (Zhuan Falun)

As the eight-day lecture series came to an end, I put my hands together and paid my deepest respects to Master. Whenever I remember these events, I cannot help crying. I will not disappoint Master in return for his benevolence and salvation. I will do my best in the three things, reach consummation and return home with Master.