(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Li Miaochun, a Falun Dafa practitioner from Luoyang City, Henan Province, was illegally detained in the No. 4 Cell of the First Row in the Eastern Area of the Custodial Station in Luoyang City. Police Officer Huang Yan and criminal inmate Liu Chunzhi severely tortured her. She was disabled as a result of their severe beating. She is now paralyzed and unable to take care of herself. The Intermediate Court in Luoyang City sentenced her to five years in prison and they are preparing to secretly send her to Xinxiang Women's Prison in Henan Province.

Ms. Li has been arrested and detained several times for practicing Falun Dafa. In June 2000 she went to Beijing to clarify the truth about Falun Gong. After she returned home, she was arrested and sent to the Custodial Station in Yanshi City, where she was detained for a month. When she arrived home upon her release, she found that all her belongings, valued at one hundred thousand yuan, had been confiscated by perpetrators in the village. In 2001 she was detained twice and held for a month each time. In June 2002 she was sentenced to two years of forced labor and was sent to Shibalihe Women's Labor Camp in Zhengzhou City, Henan Province, where she was tortured so severely that she was on the brink of death. They then notified her family to take her home. Because the authorities in her local village kept harassing her, she was forced to leave home and became destitute and homeless.

In October 2005 she was arrested again. Police at the Jianxi Public Security Bureau in Luoyang City brutally tortured her. She is still in the custodial station in Luoyang City. Her daughter, Zhang Xiumei, who lived with her after they re-united, was also arrested and detained at the custodial station in Luoyang City.

In November 2005, soon after Ms Li was sent to the labor camp, Police Instructor Huang Yan instigated criminal inmate Liu Chunzhi to lead other inmates to torture Ms Li. They repeatedly stomped on her legs and broke her left leg. They did not allow her to see a doctor, and a muscle in her left leg atrophied. She is now unable to stand.

In the winter of 2005 Liu Chunzhi and some other inmates dragged Ms. Li to the toilet and poured cold water all over her. They tortured her like this repeatedly, and she fainted four times.

On the seventh day after the New Year 2006, Liu Chunzhi led other people drag Ms. Li to an open area outside, where they savagely stomped on her chest and beat her. The ribs of her left side were fractured, and she spit up a large amount of blood. Policewoman Huang Yan showed a total lack of concern and didn't even notify Ms. Li's family.

In June 2006 Liu Chunzhi and some other inmates again dragged Ms Li to the bathroom and forced her to work there, even though she was disabled from previous beatings and had broken bones. Ms. Li was not able to work, but Liu Chunzhi said she was pretending, and she led others to beat her again. This time they injured her right arm. Ms. Li lost feeling in her right arm and can no longer move it.

Unknown substances were put into Ms. Li's food. She became dizzy after eating, so she didn't dare eat again. She became severely emaciated, with a hoarse voice, and couldn't speak properly. Her hearing was damaged as well. Even under such circumstances, Liu Chunzhi hit Ms. Li on the head and face many times.

Towards the end of June or the beginning of July 2006, Ms. Li fainted. Policewoman Huang Yan sent her to the hospital. A medical exam showed broken ribs, but Huang Yan was not concerned and didn't even notify Ms Li's family.

Ms. Li's family put 700 or 800 yuan into her account, but she couldn't walk around and didn't buy anything. She saw a doctor once and spent about 100 yuan, but this money came out of her daughter Zhang Xiumei's account. All her money has disappeared.