(Clearwisdom.net) I am a Falun Dafa practitioner in my 60s from Liaoyuan City, Jilin Province. From December 15, 2003 to February 20, 2004, I was detained and persecuted by Liaoyuan City policewomen for 68 days. The following is an account of how policewoman Luan Yuqin and her accomplices brutally persecuted me.

In the afternoon of December 15, 2003, Xiancheng Police, Lioayuan City searched and ransacked my home and took me to Xiancheng Police Station. Officer Luan Yuqin, who is from the National Security Team of the Liaoyuan City Public Security Bureau, was in charge of my case. That same evening, Luan and her team took me to the office of the city's National Security Team. There, they interrogated and tortured me.

Luan ordered her team to first handcuff and shackle me, and then demanded to know where the truth-clarifying materials came from. For a half-hour I didn't respond to anything they said. Luan then kicked me in the chest and lower back and beat me with such force that I couldn't breathe. I nearly fell to the ground from her kicks. She continued to demand that I tell them where the materials came from. I still remained silent for an hour or so.

The policewomen then used cigarette smoke to torture me. Luan lit two cigarettes and put them into my nostrils. I have never smoked in my life. The smoke was unbearable. Half an hour later, the smoke made my nose run and my eyes water, but I still did not say a word. This situation lasted well into past midnight and Luan went to sleep.

A different group of policewomen came on duty. I kept silent as usual. They slapped my face whenever I closed my eyes, and if I kept them closed, they poured water over my face. Not only did they deprive me of any sleep, but they forbade me to use the toilet the whole night.

The next day, Luan applied a different torture. She covered my head with a plastic bag and placed a blue plastic bucket over my head. She then continuously beat the plastic bucket over my head with a 60mm long (about 20 inches) wooden baton for a whole morning. She didn't stop beating until she broke the bucket. I remained silent as before. After lunchtime, Luan ordered her group to bring a steel bucket and fill it with books. She told them to hang the bucket from my neck. The book-filled bucket weighed about 10 kilos (22 lbs). They forced me to carry it around my neck the entire afternoon. The steel handle of the bucket, which was as thick as a chopstick, left a deep mark on my neck as thick as a thumb. They didn't take it off until 8:00 that evening.

On December 17, Luan said that if I still refused to say where the materials came from, they would put me in the unheated garage downstairs, pour cold water over me and let me freeze to death. I responded with a smile. In the face of Dafa disciples' indestructible faith, evil is no match, no matter how brutal their persecution is.

The next day, Luan sent me to Liaoyuan Detention Center. On December 28, 2003, I was sentenced to two years in the Provincial Women's Labor Camp. The doctor at the labor camp refused to accept me, as I failed the physical check-up. They sent me back to Liaoyuan Detention Center.

Luan at first refused to accept this. But through my repeated explanations, she finally sent me home on February 20, 2004.

From December 15, 2003 to February 20, 2004, I was persecuted at Liaoyuan Detention Center, for a total of 68 days.