Facts of the Persecution of Falun Dafa Practitioners in Liuhe County, Jilin Province
(Clearwisdom.net) A brief summary of the persecution in Liuhe County, Jilin Province is as follows:
- 110 practitioners have been illegally detained (including those sent to forced labor camps);
- 7 sent to the brainwashing session at Tonghua City, Jilin Province;
- 71,000 yuan in illegal fines have been taken by the police, and much personal property has been confiscated;
- 8 practitioners tortured and disabled;
- 60 practitioners sent to forced labor camps, among them 5 were detained for a second time and 4 were fired from their jobs.
Some persecution cases:
1) Mr. Sun Qunying is an unemployed resident of Qianjin Street, Liuhe County. In 2001, he was illegally sent to the Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City. While detained, he was beaten until he lost consciousness. His legs and eyes were both seriously injured and he became disabled. In May 2004, he was sent to the same camp once again and is still detained there.
2) Mr. Zhuang Qianyong is a resident of Jianshe Street, Liuhe Township. In March 2002, his home was illegally searched by police officers. He was arrested and sentenced to two years in a forced labor camp. Because he refused to give up his practice of Falun Dafa, he was doused with water and shocked with electric batons, injuring his legs and eyes. Currently his vision is impaired and he is not able to walk normally.
3) Ms. Zhou Xianqing is an unemployed resident of Jianshe Street, Liuhe Township. While police officers were attempting to abduct her, she jumped from a building and broke her leg, rendering her disabled.
4) Ms. Yan Yanlan is in her 40s. In 2002, she was sent to the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City where she was forced to undergo brainwashing. After a sudden brain hemorrhage, she underwent major surgery and fell into a vegetative state. She is now beginning to recover.
5) Ms. Zhang Yuhua is 54 years old. In 2003 she was arrested for delivering truth-clarifying materials and was sentenced to three years in a forced labor camp. While in the camp she suffered from a blockage in a blood vessel in her brain and was released for medical treatment.
Practitioners who have been persecuted to death in the Liuhe County:
1) Mr. Sui Futao, 28 years old, was a resident of the Tonggou Village, Liunan Township. He was arrested on January 19, 2001 and was later sent to the Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City. He died on April 29, 2002 due to the persecution. His body was cremated without permission from his family.
2) Mr. Zheng Qingzhu, in his 70s, was a retired teacher from the 7th Middle School in Gushanzi Township. Before practicing Falun Dafa, he suffered multiple illnesses including high blood pressure. Since he began practicing Falun Dafa in 1997 he has enjoyed good health. After July 20, 1999, he was frequently harassed at home by police officers and officers from his school. His Falun Dafa books and audiotapes were taken away and he was pressured to write a guarantee statement. The stress of the constant harassment caused his old diseases to recur. He died in 2000 due to a sudden brain hemorrhage.
3) Mr. Liu Xuefeng, 42 years old, was an officer from the National Tax Department, Liuhe County. He previously suffered from kidney disease and could not find a cure even after treatment at many big hospitals. After taking up Falun Dafa in 1997, he became healthy and went back to work in 1999. After July 20, 1999, he was frequently harassed at home by police officers and officers from his workplace. Because he was not allowed to practice Falun Dafa and was forced to write a guarantee statement, his illness recurred. He died on March 21, 2004.
4) Ms. Hu Shenglan, 52 years old, was a resident of the Zixin Village, Liuhe County. She had a neurological disorder before practicing Falun Dafa, but became healthy through the practice. After July 20, 1999, officers from the township government harassed her at her home. Under this pressure and to protect her family members from the persecution, she gave up the practice. Her illness recurred and she died in May 2004 due to a brain hemorrhage.