(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Zhao Naiqian, 45 years old, used to work in the Qianfeng Geyser Factory in Chengdu City, Sichuan Province, but in 1996 he was sentenced to life imprisonment for stealing 20,000 yuan in materials from his workplace. While detained in a detention center, Mr. Naiqian had the good fortune to learn Falun Dafa. In 1997, he was sent to Nanchong Prison for his crime. Then in 2001, he was transferred to Nanchong Prison, where he was persecuted because he practices Falun Gong, and forcibly injected with an unknown drug by the prison authorities. In April 2004, Mr. Zhao Naiqian was transferred to Peng'an Prison.

When Zhao Naiqian was first sent to the detention center, his spirits were extremely low. He grieved the loss of his freedom so much that he often wished he were dead. According to the criminal law at that time, if a person stole over 30,000 yuan he would be sentenced to death. Zhao Naiqian has stolen items valued at 20,000 yuan.

It was Mr. Zhao's mother who gave him the book, Zhuan Falun. After finishing the book, he felt as if he'd found a priceless treasure. With another person's help, he sent the following message to his mother: "Bring me all the Dafa books there are to read." When Zhao Naiqian came to understand the true meaning of life, he was not upset any longer. He let go of his past and began to cultivate Falun Dafa in the detention center.

On July 20, 1999, Jiang's regime launched the persecution against Falun Gong. Even in prison, a thorough search for Dafa practitioners was carried out. A police officer at Nanchong Prison handcuffed Zhao Naiqian on the "dead person's bed" to force him to give up his cultivation. Zhao Naiqian refused to do so. In the beginning of 2001, Mr. Zhao was transferred by Nanchong Prison authorities to Deyang Prison for brainwashing and torture. He was forced to do labor for extended periods of time, hold difficult postures for long periods of time, stay in a small cell and was not allowed to talk. He was also disallowed from meeting with his family members. In the Fifth Unit he was beaten by criminal Zhang Dingqian and other criminals, but police officer Wu Tinghai justified the beatings with an unreasonable excuse, saying that Zhao Naiqian did not complete the forced labor task of stripping copper wire. In fact, others who were not Falun Dafa practitioners were permitted to accomplish this task at their leisure, and they were allowed to seek help. Dafa practitioners though, had to accomplish the task within a specified period of time, and they were not allowed to ask anyone for help. Using this method, the prison authorities persecuted Dafa practitioners. From August 2002 to April 2004, Zhao Naiqian was confined in a small cell in the Second Unit of Deyang Prison, for a period of 20 months.

In the beginning of 2004, guards in the Deyang Prison bound Zhao Naiqian to a bed in a medical unit and forcibly injected him with an unknown liquid. After that, Zhao Naiqian felt dizzy and had a stomachache for long periods of time. Despite this suffering, nobody could affect Zhao Naiqian's righteous faith in Dafa.

In April 2004, Mr. Zhao was transferred from Deyang Prison to Peng'an Prison in Nanchong City. He is still suffering from persecution and torture in Peng'an Prison.