(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioners Mr. Liu Jianjun and Mr. Miao Chuanzeng were among the 26 practitioners "sold" to the Gaoyang Forced Labor Camp to perform slave labor. In November of 2000, the Kaiping Forced Labor Camp in Tangshan City sold the practitioners for 800 yuan per person. The practitioners were all treated inhumanely.

Guard Yang Zeming used a 10 cm (about 4 inches) long nail to threaten Liu Jianjun, "If you do not accept our terms, I will put this nail into your leg and you will be permanently crippled." In another incident, ten guards locked Miao Chuanzeng in a pigsty and threatened him with 12 nails.

On October 7, 2000, Miao Chuanzeng from Zhangjiakou City went to Tiananmen Square to validate the Fa by opening a banner. For that, he was viciously beaten and illegally arrested by three plainclothes police. Mr. Miao was sent back to Zhangjiakou City and detained at the Gongyie Street Police Station. Two days later, he was transferred to the Xuanhua Detention Center and detained for one month.

Mr. Liu Jianjun went to Beijing on October 6, 2000, to validate Dafa. He was surrounded and beaten by five or six policemen on Tiananmen Square. As a result of the beating, he suffered a broken nose and bleeding from his left eye. When he was sent to Haidian Hospital for an exam, Mr. Liu was in critical condition. Besides the broken nose and bloody left eye, he sustained several broken ribs, and impaired vision in his left eye.

At the hospital, the director of the police station attempted to get Mr. Liu's name and address multiple times while being videotaped. Eighteen days later, Liu Jianjun was sent back to the Haidian Detention Center. Four inmates were assigned to monitor him. They used all sorts of methods to force him to reveal his identity. Two days later, they tricked him into telling them his address. That same day, the Director of Huayuan Street Police Station sent people to take Mr. Liu back to the area in which he lived. From there, he was sent to Ciershan Forced Labor Camp. However, the labor camp refused to accept Mr. Liu because he failed their physical examination. Mr. Liu was instead sent to the Shisanli Detention Center. At the time he was on a hunger strike to protest the illegal detention. Later, Mr. Liu was still sent to a forced labor camp.

Around November 10, practitioners Miao Chuanzeng, Liu Jianjun, Ms. Yu Junling, Cao Jianling and Ms. Wang Zhixian were sent to the Kaiping Forced Labor Camp in Tangshan City for further persecution. The perpetrators included Ma Fuwei, director of Qiaodong Police Sub-bureau, officer Xu from Gongyie Street Police Station, officer Liu from Huayuan Street Police Station, Sheng Xuewu and others. The day after the practitioners arrived at the Kaiping Forced Labor Camp, they were sold to Gaoyang Forced Labor Camp in Baoding City as laborers. Each person was sold for 800 yuan.

When Liu Jianjun was sent to the Kaiping Labor Camp, he had been on a hunger strike for 33 days and was seriously injured. The prison guards, however, forged Mr. Liu's physical examination documents and forced the Kaiping Forced Labor Camp to accept him.

When the practitioners arrived at the Gaoyang Forced Labor Camp, prison guards Ji and Fang Bao, and driver Wang, pushed Liu Jianjun to the ground and beat him. They used electric batons to shock him for two and a half hours continuously, causing Mr. Liu excruciating pain. Then guards Hu Chengtang and Yang Zeming from Brigade 5 incited others to torture Mr. Liu in an effort to force him to give up practicing Falun Gong. Yang Zeming held a 10 cm long nail in front of Liu and said, "If you do not accept our terms, I will put this nail in your leg and you will be permanently crippled."

On November 18, 2000, Mr. Liu was sent to the Baoding Labor Center where he was forced to do hard labor. He needed to manually move dye materials (weighing several dozen pounds) each day for 12 hours per day. The prison guards used any excuse to beat him. He was given only cabbage boiled in salt water to eat. There was always a layer of sand at the bottom of the bowl. Nine inmates slept in a room designated for only four, so everyone could only lie on his side to sleep. If one person got up to use the restroom in the middle of the night, his space would be taken by the time he got back. Due to the hard labor and not being able to sleep, on February 20, 2001, Mr. Liu had an accident and his left middle figure was crushed by a machine. At the hospital, his injured finger required 15 stitches.

In March of 2001, Liu Jianjun was sent back to the labor camp and forced to listen to propaganda that defamed Falun Gong and its founder.

On April 2, Mr. Liu's mother visited him. After she left, the guards handcuffed him to a basketball stand and forced him to listen to the propaganda again. Mr. Liu told them that the propaganda was all lies. The guards then handcuffed him to the rings on the ground, so that he had to squat down. They used all sorts of methods to torment him. When Mr. Liu refused to cooperate with them, guard Liang Baoke slapped him on the face twenty to thirty times. Mr. Liu then went on a hunger strike to protest the inhumane persecution he suffered.

The practitioners in the Gaoyang Forced Labor Camp are forced to get up at 5 a.m. to start work. They are required to work nonstop until night. They do not get enough food to eat, but have to work over 10 hours a day. They are subjected to brainwashing and ordered to write a guarantee statement.

In May 2001, most of the Dafa practitioners went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. The guards summoned Mr. Miao Chuanzeng to the office and asked him to reveal the names of the practitioners who started the hunger strike. Several guards pinned Mr. Miao to the floor and used three electric batons to shock him. Then they handcuffed him and several other practitioners to the rings on the ground. The practitioners were not given food and water. Four guards used three electric batons on each practitioner that was on hunger strike and forced them to work. As a result, the practitioners' backs were burned and some lost consciousness.

On May 16, 2001, five practitioners were transferred to Brigade 5 because they refused to be "transformed." They were ordered to write guarantee statements. If they refused, they were handcuffed to the rings on the ground, so that they could neither stand nor squat down. They were exposed to the scorching sun during the day and to mosquitoes at night. Due to the tortures and repeated brainwashing, Mr. Miao Chuanzeng wrote the guarantee statements against his will at a time when his mind was unclear. Once he was clearheaded again, he deeply regretted what he did and immediately declared that the statements he wrote under pressure were void. As a result, the guards intensified their persecution toward him. Ten guards locked him in a pigsty and threatened him with 12 nails. They gave him one hour to make a decision.

The practitioners in Gaoyang Forced Labor Camp are humiliated and tormented every day. They are also forced to perform hard labor such as digging trenches. In 2002, Mr. Miao Chuanzeng had an accident while working. Afterwards, he was not able to work anymore. On February 24 the same year, he was released. However the police continued to harass and intimidate him at home. Mr. Miao was forced to leave home to avoid further persecution.

On May 26, 2002, guards Wang Zhitai and Wang Guoyou from Brigade 5 handcuffed Mr. Liu Jianjun and two other practitioners to the rings on the ground for one day and one night. Then they were transferred to the Douwa Forced Labor Camp, forced to work 12 hours a day and frequently beaten by the inmates. On June 5, Mr. Liu passed out from exhaustion while he was working. Squadron leader Tang Guangjun had Liu Jianjun dragged outside and beaten. He also used an electric baton to shock Mr. Liu's body, head and face. After three rounds of beatings, Mr. Liu was bleeding from his mouth and nose, and his head and face were deformed. After the beatings, Tang ordered Mr. Liu to continue working, but Mr. Liu refused. Mr. Liu pointed out that Tang's behavior was illegal. Later, guards Duan and Li came over and told Mr. Liu to wash off the blood on his face. After they left, Tang started beating him again.

The next day, brigade leader Yang Zeming, Fang Bao and Liang Baoke brought Liu Jianjun and two other practitioners back to the labor camp. Fang took off his shoe and slapped Mr. Liu's face a dozen times with the sole of the shoe. Then, they handcuffed Mr. Liu to the rings on the ground in an old storage room for 49 consecutive days. He was not allowed to sleep. The guards would beat him or shock him if he fell asleep. They also tried to force him to say things that slandered Falun Gong and its founder. The collaborators tried brainwashing him with their twisted understandings. Mr. Liu, however, did not yield to the evil.

On August 9, Mr. Liu was sent to the Jianchang Labor Center in Anxin. His job was to melt five tons of copper every day. At certain times, his workload would double every third day. The work environment was hot and the workload was excessive. There was only cold water for showering. On October 20, 2002, when Mr. Liu went to use the restroom, Wang Heyu followed him to the restroom yelling and beat him.

In 2003, an inmate escaped from the labor camp. The guards were anxious. At around midnight on June 3, guard Qiao Xiong woke Mr. Liu up. Before he could say anything, Qiao slapped Mr. Liu on the face because "he slept facing the wall." Mr. Liu told Qiao that his behavior was illegal. Qiao ignored Mr. Liu's words and instead punched him on the chest where he had been previously injured. As a result, Mr. Liu could not get out of bed at all. He was released on August 27. In addition to the more than 600 yuan they extorted, the labor camp kept the remaining 250 yuan that was left on Mr. Liu's prison account.

The Gaoyang Forced Labor Camp has always publicized itself as a civilized place; however, it is an evil den for persecuting Falun Dafa practitioners. The newly arrived practitioners are body searched. Then, they are subjected to brainwashing and tortured in attempts to "transform" them. There is no personal freedom and practitioners endure inhuman treatments. In 2005, while practitioner Chen Aihong from Zhangjiakou was sitting on the bed, brigade leader Li Xuejun beat him. Mr. Chen went on a hunger strike and requested to see the director. Another practitioner, named Zhao Shuying, also went on a hunger strike with Chen Aihong. Li Xuejun, however, did not allow them to see the director, but instead took both practitioners to a hospital in Gaoyang County for force-feeding on September 16. While at the hospital, unit leader Zhao Yuanmeng slapped Mr. Chen's face. His face swelled for several days. In the afternoon of September 30, Chen Aihong and Zhao Shuying were put into solitary confinement. They were handcuffed to wooden boards for torture.

November 15, 2005