(Clearwisdom.net) So far, twelve Falun Gong practitioners (seven women and five men) from Anhui, Hebei, Hunan, Sichuan, Jilin, Liaoning, Guangdong and Hainan Provinces have been confirmed dead in the persecution during the first half of June. The practitioners are Yang Jinying, Wang Juan, Li Zhen, Chen Xiaoqin, He Shaohua, Jing Shuhua, Lin Youhui, Wang Yaping, Han Junqing, Li Yansong and Shi Yueqin. Some of them were tortured to death, some died as a result of the abuse they suffered earlier, and others died after being forcibly injected with drugs harmful to their central nervous system.

Below is a brief introduction to the twelve cases:

Ms. Yang Jinying Dies from Torture Suffered in Police Custody in January 2004

Ref: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/6/9/49021.html

Ms. Yang Jinying, 53 years old, lived in Zhouzhuang, Guantang Town, Qiaocheng District, Bozhou City, Anhui Province. One day in April 2002, perpetrators from the "610 Office" (1) and from the Guantang Police Station broke into her home. They ransacked her home and took her to the police station, where they tortured her and tried to force her to reveal information about other practitioners. Yang Jinying did not yield, so the police hung her up by handcuffs with her feet barely touching the ground and beat her for twenty-four hours. Perpetrator Xu Nailang, together with Yuan Lei, Wang Jiushan, and officers from Haozhou Politics & Law Committee, were involved in the persecution. They held her for 20 months and tortured her throughout this period. She became paralyzed and incontinent from the torture, and could not take any food. As she was on the brink of death, the perpetrators sentenced her to three years in prison and told her family members to sign a document for medical parole. She was sent to the Hengkang Hospital in Bozhou City. The next day, the hospital issued a "critical notice." Several days later, Yang Jinying passed away.

A clerk from the Qiaocheng District Politics & Law Committee (86-558-5515746) confirmed that Yang Jinying died around the Chinese Lunar New Year.

Ms. Wang Juan from Hebei Province Dies from Abuse in Mancheng County Prison in April 2004

Ref: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/6/9/49031.html

Ms. Wang Juan was 37 years old. Since she refused to renounce her practice of Falun Dafa, persons from Dingzhou City "610 Office" arrested her on April 24, 2004. Dafa practitioners Zhou Jian, Zhang Lijun, Li Binghan, Zhi Cuiqin, and Wang Hongying were arrested at the same time. Since all of them refused to give up their belief in Dafa and insisted on clarifying the truth about Dafa in prison, they were sentenced to 4-12 years prison terms. On April 26, 2004, Wang Juan died in Baoding City Mancheng County Prison.

A policewoman from Taihang Prison of Hebei Province (86-312-716-9999) confirmed Wang Juan's sudden death while inside the prison.

Mr. Li Zhen from Hunan Province Dies as a Result of Torture in May 2004

Ref: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/6/13/49166.html

Mr. Li Zhen was 52 years old. He worked as an economist for Xiangtan City Science and Technology Committee Equipment Company. Mr. Zhen lived in the Yuhu Workers Community and began practicing Dafa in 1997. In February 2002, he was arrested by policemen from Xiangtan National Security Bureau for delivering truth-clarifying materials. Around 9:00 a.m. on February 2, 2002, about eight policemen from the National Security Bureau arrested him in front of the bookstore he owned in Liancheng. They took his cell phone, driver's license, driving permit, 190 yuan (2) cash, and two sets of keys. At the time they only returned his driver's license and his keys. Later, Huang Zhi and Tan Jigang from the National Security Bureau abducted his daughter and ransacked his home. They asked his daughter before they left, "Do you have bank notes at home?" Mr. Li Zhen was first held at the Politics and Law Committee, where the police officers tortured and interrogated him. They asked him where he obtained the Dafa truth clarification materials and where he was going to deliver them. They wouldn't let him sleep because he refused to tell. A man struck Li Zhen's ribs so savagely that his ribcage caved in. Zhang, head of the National Security Bureau said to Li Zhen, "The government authorizes us to make you disappear from the face of the earth as we see fit!"

On February 10, 2002, they detained Li Zhen under criminal detention at the Sanjiaoping Detention Center in Xiangtan City. Li Zhen was subjected to severe torture, which caused him to cough ceaselessly. His blood pressure rose and he ate little.

On March 28, the National Security Bureau sentenced Li Zhen to two years of forced labor. When they sent him to Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp in Hunan Province, the authorities there saw he was badly injured from torture and refused to accept him. They also asked the National Security Bureau agents to take Li Zhen to a hospital for a physical exam. He was diagnosed with heart and brain problems. The labor camp authorities looked at his cardiogram and again refused to accept him. This time the perpetrators informed his family to pay 4,000 Yuan "for medical parole." His family eventually gathered 3,000 Yuan and paid another 200 Yuan for the physical exams before Li Zhen was released. Because of the physical torture and the long-term mental torture Li Zhen suffered, he passed away on May 26, 2004.

A policeman from Xiangtan National Security Bureau (86-732-2345980) confirmed that Li Zhen died at home.

Chen Xiaoqin from Hebei Province Tortured to Death at Baoding Labor Camp

Ref: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/6/12/49144.html

Ms. Chen Xiaoqin whose age was unknown was from Bafang Village, Nanloudi Township, Anguo County, Baoding Area, Hebei Province. Before practicing Falun Gong, Chen was in the late stages of cancer and doctors had determined that Chen wouldn't live long. However, after Chen began to practice Falun Gong, the cancer disappeared. After Jiang's regime began the persecution of Falun Gong, Chen went to Beijing many times to appeal. In the spring of 2001, Chen was sent to the Baoding Forced Labor Camp, and was later tortured to death there.

A policeman from Anguo County Public Security (86-312-3523900) confirmed the death of Chen Xiaoqin, but he refused to reveal the time of her death.

He Shaohuai from Sichuan Province Tortured to Death in September 2003

Ref: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/6/13/49179.html

Mr. He Shaohuai was 53 years old and lived at 4-1 3rd Door, at the Cement Factory's Zonghe Building on Xinglong Street located in Jinhua Town, Shehong County, Sichuan Province. He used to have many diseases and was very weak. Soon he became very healthy and didn't feel tired even after working more than 10 hours per day.

Mr. He kept clarifying the truth to people after the persecution started on July 20, 1999. In 2001 during the Chinese New Year season, policemen from Jinhua Police Substation forcibly detained him in Shehong County Detention Center for 21 days. He was then released after they extorted more than 7,000 yuan from him.

One morning at 8:30 a.m., in July 2003, policemen Fan Dengchao and Yang Zhou from the Jinhua Town Police Substation ransacked Mr. He's home. Police found Dafa books and some materials, and then arrested Mr. He and his wife and took them to the County Detention Center. After 15 days, Mr. He's wife was released once they extorted 1,000 yuan from her. She said goodbye to her husband before going home, but she never saw her husband again.

On September 15, 2003, the police notified his wife that he was in the People's Hospital. However, the police took her directly to the funeral home. The autopsy report showed that he was tortured to death. The report indicated that he had not eaten or used the toilet for about 10 days. In order to cover their crimes, the County Party Committee formed an investigation group to check on the cause of his death. After 3 months, the group said Mr. He refused to get medical treatment for an existing illness, which caused his death. This contradicted the doctor's report.

Ms. Jing Shuhua from Jilin Province Dies as a Result of Persecution on May 27, 2003

Ref: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/6/20/49380.html

Ms. Jing Shuhua was a 56-year-old woman from Yanji City, Jilin Province. On the morning of April 29, 2004, the police from Longjing Public Security Bureau abducted her. After her arrest, the police would not allow her family members to visit her. Even when later her family heard she had a relapse of her heart problem and wanted to send in some medicine and clothes, the police still refused to let the family see her, nor did they give the medicine to her. On May 25, Jing Shuhua was released. At that time she was already on the verge of death. Her family immediately sent her to the hospital, but despite the emergency treatment, Jing Shuhua passed away early on the morning of May 27.

Xu Zhenghao, assistant Party Secretary of the "610 Office" in the city (86-433-325-3446) refused to comment on the death of Jing Shuhua

Elderly Man, Lin Youhui, from Guangdong Province Dies As a Result of Persecution in March 2004

Ref: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/6/17/49293.html

Mr. Lin Youhui was in his 60s. He lived in Bianwei Village, Xichang Town, Jiedong County, Jieyang City, Guangdong Province. He developed tuberculosis and a heart problem. He himself was a physician; however, he wasn't able to cure his own illnesses. In the end, he became bedridden, unable to take a bath. He could only clean his body with warm water. When the door was a bit open, he would feel too cold. However, after one or two months of practicing Falun Dafa, his illnesses went away. He would tell whomever he met that Master Li gave him a second life.

After Jiang's regime started the persecution of Falun Gong in July 20, 1999, the village security officer often harassed Lin Youhui in the middle of the night, ransacking his home and attempting to coerce him to give up practicing Falun Dafa. Despite all this, Lin Youhui refused to cooperate with them. In the autumn of 2001, the police arrested him and sent him to Jiedong Detention Center, where he was tortured. He vomited blood as a result of the torture. Not wanting to take responsibility, the police reluctantly released him.

After returning home, Lin Youhui kept on practicing Falun Gong. Soon his health improved. Seeing he had recovered, the police attempted to arrest him again. At the time, the police were furious, and dragged him out of his home and forced him into the police van. The police later released Mr. Lin due to his poor health condition.

Around September 2003, the police from the local police substation and the "610 Office" abducted him again and sent him to the brainwashing class. During the arrest, the police had applied violence on him. Because of the repeated harassment, intimidation and arrest, a kind old man was devastated both mentally and physically. Several months after Lin Youhui was released from the brainwashing class, his old illnesses relapsed. He passed away on February 14, 2004 of the lunar calendar.

Ms. Wang Yaping from Hebei Province Tortured to Death in May 2004

Ref: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/6/15/49226.html

Ms. Wang Yaping was 47 years old and lived in the Shuangqiao District, Chengde City, Hebei Province. She used to suffer from bone cancer and liver cancer. In 1995, she began practicing Dafa and her illnesses were cured.

She was twice sent to the Gaoyang Forced Labor Camp in Baoding City, Hebei Province after Jiang's regime started the persecution of Falun Gong in July 20, 1999. On January 1, 2001, she went to Beijing to validate Dafa and was sentenced to two years of forced labor. Lu Feng and Liu Mingcheng, heads of the Shuangqiao Police Department National Security Division, sent her to the Gaoyang Forced Labor Camp in Baoding City, where she was cruelly tortured, both physically and mentally. The perpetrators shocked her with electric batons, and otherwise tortured her and forced her to do slave labor. They also didn't allow her to sleep. She held a hunger strike. The perpetrators knocked out two of her teeth. Her weight dropped from 180 jin (3) to 100 jin (1 jin = 1.1 lbs). She was released in October 2002.

Her second term lasted less than six months. She became paralyzed and incontinent from torture at the labor camp in January 2004. She was released and passed away on May 9, 2004.

In June 2003 when she was distributing flyers, Lu Feng, head of the Shuangqiao Police Department National Security Division, arrested and sent her to the Luzhazigou "610 Office" to be brainwashed. Ms. Wang refused to give in, however. She was sentenced to two years of forced labor and later sent to the Gaoyang Forced Labor Camp. In January 2004, her lower body became paralyzed and she became incontinent. She also lost sight in one eye. Under this situation, the labor camp authorities told her family to take her home. She passed away on May 9, 2004.

Mr. Han Junqing, Who Went Astray, But Later Corrected His Wrongdoing, Died as a Result of Torture at the Fangshan Detention Center in June 2004

Ref: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/6/17/49295.html

Mr. Han Junqing, from the Fangshan District, Beijing was 47 years old. Before he practiced Dafa, Han Junqing was a lawbreaker and was often the cause of trouble, but he had learned to practice Falun Dafa before July 20, 1999, turned over a new leaf and became a good person.

After the persecution began, he was sent to a forced labor camp for validating Dafa, where he was subjected to torture. After persisting for eight months, though, he was eventually "transformed." He reverted back to his old self and started to torture determined Dafa practitioners. He verbally abused and beat them, tied them up and poured boiling water on them. He soon became a notorious "collaborator" (4).

After Han Junqing was released, with the help from Dafa practitioners and by reading Teacher's new articles, he realized his mistake. He was determined to correct his mistake and dove back into the current of Fa-rectification and did his best in truth clarification. The authorities arrested him in April when he was delivering Teacher's new articles to three former collaborators.

He was reported when clarifying the truth. Officers from the Fangshan District Police Precinct ransacked his home and sent him to the Fangshan Detention Center, where the perpetrators tortured him. Han Junqing was tortured to death in early June. The details of his persecution await further investigation.

Mrs. Li Yansong from Liaoning Province Dies from Persecution in November 2003

Ref: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/6/17/49294.html

Mrs. Li Yansong was a 57-year-old Dafa practitioner from Shahekou District, Dalian City, Liaoning Province. In September 2000, she went to Beijing to validate Dafa. At the Dalian Bus Station, she was ordered to curse Teacher. She firmly refused and was arrested. Later she was sent to a labor camp to be persecuted.

Because of the torture, her health deteriorated. When her diabetes got out of control, the labor camp released her on medical parole, not wanting to take the responsibility. She returned home in April 2001 and passed away in November 2003.

Shi Yueqin from Hainan Injected with Unknown Drugs in Mental Hospital in March 2003 and Dies Later as a Result

Ref: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/6/28/49618.html

Ms. Shi Yueqin, in her thirties, lived in Wenchang City, Hainan Province, and was an employee at the Hainan Food Supplies Department. She started practicing Falun Gong in 1997 and regained her health.

After the persecution began in July 1999, she refused to give up Falun Dafa. The police searched her home several times. She was illegally arrested, detained, and tortured. In 2000, Ms. Shi went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong several times. Because of that, she was unlawfully taken to Hainan Women's Labor Camp.

In the Hainan Women's Labor Camp, she was tortured inhumanely. She was not allowed to sleep for several days. Also, under threats, enticement, and deceit, she was forced to write the so-called "Three letters" (Letter of Breaking with Falun Gong, Letter of Guarantee Not to Practice, and Letter of Repentance). Several days after that, she announced that what she wrote was null and void. The labor camp again started continuous torture and forced her to write the "Three letters" again. After she once again announced that she would continue her practice of Dafa, the labor camp sent her to a mental hospital in Hainan named Anning Hospital.

She once told her friends, "The hospital used all sorts of base methods to abuse me. If I told you the details you would be scared."

Once she told others that she "would still like to validate the Fa" and was reported to the guards. The same evening, a guard called her to the office. The guard asked if she had said, "I would still like to validate the Fa." She replied, "Quite right. I would still like to validate the Fa." The second morning, the guard sent her to Anning Hospital, Hainan Province's psychiatric hospital.

In the psychiatric hospital, the doctors treated her as a mental patient. In the beginning, she refused to accept any drug injections. She told them that she was a Falun Gong practitioner and not a psychiatric patient. The doctor said, "The labor camp said you are a mental patient and so you must be a mental patient." The doctors then tied her hands and legs to a bed and forcibly injected an unknown drug that was black in color. She was tied on the bed for several days and nights and was not allowed to go to the bathroom. Therefore she had to relieve herself in the bed. Ms. Shi was subjected to such torment, but the doctor shamelessly told everyone that, "She prefers to be soaked in her own excrement rather than receive the injection. Isn't she a mental patient?"

Just like this, Ms. Shi, who had no history of mental illness, was forcibly injected and force-fed drugs for one month, a torture that greatly injured her both mentally and physically. After over one month of "treatment," the hospital eventually called Ms. Shi's sister to pick her up. Her sister had to pay 3,800 yuan for the medical costs.

Since Ms. Shi had been injected with a large amount of nerve-damaging drugs, after she returned home, she behaved strangely and erratically. Tragically, on March 6, 2003, she jumped out of a building and died.

Ms. Luo Qiaohong from Hunan Province Died from Persecution in December 2001

Ms. Luo Qiaohong, 28 years old, was from Shiqiaoguan, Jiahe County, Chenzhou City, Hunan Province.

In October 2000, Luo Qiaohong went to Beijing together with her family members to appeal for Falun Gong. Then she was arrested and detained in Guiyang Detention Center, where she went on hunger strike in protest for seven days. Later she was transferred to Jiahe Detention Center, where she was subjected to torture. At the same time, Luo Qiaohong's mother and younger sister were also detained indefinitely. Her father and husband were sent to forced labor camp. Her little daughter, who is less than two years old, was left alone at home.

Her relatives tried to gather together 14,000 yuan, a fine that imposed on her, by all possible means. In the end, they were unable to get enough, even after selling off the pig pen. Due to mental pressure and physical torture, Luo Qiaohong died soon after she was released on December 5, 2001.


(1) "610 Office": an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems

(2) Yuan: the Chinese currency; the average monthly pay of an urban worker is 500 yuan.

(3) 1 jin = 1.1 lbs
(4) Collaborators: former Falun Gong practitioners who went astray after torture and brainwashing and now aid the authorities to brainwash true practitioners