Part I

My name is Liu Liang and I live at Dahe Village, Zhangying Town in Jiaozhou City. I started practicing Falun Dafa in 1997, when I was fifteen years old. Since I began following the principles of Falun Dafa, no matter where I was, at home or at school, I was no longer a kid with a short temper who did not care about others. My teachers, parents and my classmates recognized me as a good student, a good son, and a good classmate.

On July 20, 1999, Jiang's regime started the national crackdown on Falun Gong. At the end of July 1999, I went to appeal for Falun Gong in Beijing. Without accomplishing my goal, I came back. When I got home, the village officials were already waiting for me at my home. I was captured and sent to the police station because of my trip to Beijing. Since I was not on the so-called "black list" (1) I was released after two days in detention.

I felt regretful. What could I do when Dafa was abused and damaged by Jiang's regime? So, on December of 1999 I was on the road to Beijing again. This time I went to the Tiananmen Square and practiced the exercises to express the beauty of Falun Dafa from the bottom of my heart and told the world that, "Falun Dafa is good!" I was arrested after that.

I was in custody at the Tiananmen police substation for a half day, transferred to my local liaison office located in Beijing, and then was sent under escort back home by the local police. After I came back, the local police station chief and the town's Falun Gong Monitoring Committee officials tried to force me to write the statement promising not going to appeal for Falun Gong in Beijing again, but I refused. Because of this, I was locked in an empty room for twelve days. I was monitored 24 hours daily. The town headsman and the town officials took turns watching me and did not allow me to sleep. During this period, they threatened me by telling me that I was going to be detained or sent to serve at a labor camp and other abusive mental tricks. I was released twelve days later. Even later I found out that the police had put pressure on my dad. Feeling hopeless, my dad paid 1,500 Yuan (2) to have me released.

In July 2000 I went to appeal for Falun Gong in Beijing for the third time along with other Dafa practitioners. At Tiananmen Square we held a big banner reading "Falun Dafa is the righteous Way" for three minutes, surrounded with several hundred people. They all witnessed Dafa practitioners' heartfelt stand for justice. I was arrested again and locked in the Tiananmen police substation. Because so many practitioners had been arrested, we were divided up and sent to different detention centers. I was send to the Changping Detention Center. There, police randomly verbally abused or beat up practitioners; some practitioners were badly battered and humiliated. I was burned by a policeman who placed his lit cigarette on my wrist, which left three marks. He also slapped my face twice.

Three days later I was sent back to my hometown under escort by local police after detention at the Changping Detention Center. Once again, I refused to cooperate with the police. As a result, I was handcuffed to a tree for a whole afternoon. I was later detained at the City Detention Center for fifteen days.

After I served my term I went back home. Because of my firm belief in Falun Dafa, the police and town officials finally gave up on me and could not help but allow me to "just practice at home" saying, "as long as I do not go out (to appeal in Beijing), they will leave me alone."

Part II

My name is Liu Hongfei (male) and I am eleven years old. I live at Dahe Village, Zhangying Town in Jiaozhou City. I am a fourth grade student at class #1 in the Qingdao City's Shiyuanxiwang Elementary School. My mom started practicing Falun Gong when I was four years old. She also taught me how to practice. I am very healthy. In 1999, when Jiang's regime began persecuting Dafa, my mom was arrested several times and we were forced not to practice. When I was in first grade, Jiang regime's evil hands reached our school. They ordered students to write their names on a yellow banner that slandered Falun Gong. They forced the teachers to use their authority to stop any student from practicing. If someone was discovered to be practicing, he or she would be dismissed from school.

(1) The "black list" consisted of the names of "key practitioners" (well-known practitioner in the community or volunteer assistant at the practice sites), which were the first to be targeted for arrest and long-term prison sentences

(2) Yuan is the unit of currency in China, where the average monthly salary of an urban worker is 500 Yuan.