Latest News from China - May 19, 2004
- [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Practitioner Liu Haoming Sentenced to Eleven Years in Prison for Broadcasting Truth-Clarifying TV Programs Over Cable TV System
- [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Unjust Sentences for Three Practitioners
- [Baoding City, Hebei Province] Practitioner Couple Wang Yan and Li Yueran Hold Hunger Strike to Resist Persecution in Baoding City's Detention Center
- [Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province] Illegal Sentences for Practitioners Wang Shimin and Zhang Zhanyuan
- [Jinhua City, Hubei Province] Detention and Release of Dafa Practitioner Zhu Limin
- [Pingdu City, Shandong Province] Dafa Practitioner Zhong Shuhua Has Been Detained for Nearly a Month
- [Linghai City, Liaoning Province] Police Arrest Practitioner Yang Mei
- [Qing'an County, Heilongjiang Province] Arrest of Eight Dafa Practitioners
- [Yueyang County, Hunan Province] Practitioner Wang Ping is Arrested Again
- [Nileke County, Xinjiang AR] Illegal Curtailment of Freedom for Dafa Practitioner Wang Kaihu at the County's Detention Center for Posting Truth-Clarifying Slogans -- Belated News
- [Kurle City, Xinjiang AR] Practitioners Zhang Jie and Li Wenxiu Held and Tortured at the Pailou Forced Labor Camp
- [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Arrest of Practitioner Tang Min for Distributing Truth-Clarifying Information
- [Yuncheng City, Shandong Province] Practitioner Han Yingfeng Went to Beijing to Appeal for Falun Gong in 2001 But His Whereabouts Are Still Unknown
- [Zhuozhou City, Hebei Province] Practitioner Li Chunlin Arrested for Stopping Someone from Defacing Dafa Truth-Clarifying Information
- [Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province] Arrest of Dai Xinmei and Li Liyang
- [Lingqiu County, Shanxi Province] Arrest of Dafa Practitioners Yue Fuping and Wang Zhenxia for Distributing Truth-clarifying Information
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Authorities from Hongshan District Arrest Dafa Practitioners
- [Hong'an County, Hubei Province] Policemen Arrest Two Dafa Practitioners
- [Hunan Province] Dafa Practitioners Yang Yuman and Hu Chougai Are Transferred to a Forced Labor Camp
1. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Practitioner Liu Haoming Sentenced to Eleven Years in Prison for Broadcasting Truth-Clarifying TV Programs Over Cable TV System
Recently, practitioner Liu Haoming from Harbin City was sentenced to eleven years in prison for broadcasting truth-clarifying programs through a cable TV system in April 2002.
2. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Unjust Sentences for Three Practitioners
On April 21, 2004, to avoid the persecution, practitioner Ms. Zhang Shuzhen left home and lived at a relative's home in Changchun City. However, on April 22 she was arrested, and a large sum of money and equipment, including a computer, were confiscated. Two other practitioners who had contact with her were also arrested, because officers from the city's police department had staked out Zhang's home. Without following any due legal procedures, police sentenced the practitioners to two years in prison. They transferred the three practitioners from the Daguang Forced Labor Camp to the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp. The practitioners' current situation is sketchy.
On April 24, officers from the Shenzhen Street Police Precinct in the city's Economic and Technology Development Area arrested practitioner Wang Junxia. Policemen broke into her house twice and confiscated many items. A family member asked for her release from the police precinct, but the police said that Dafa practitioner Ms. Wang had been sent to the Daguang Forced Labor Camp. Her family subsequently met her at the Daguang Labor Camp. On May 10, Wang Junxia was sent to a brainwashing class at the city's Zero Kilometer No. 1 Section, where dozens of practitioners are being held. The current information is unclear.
3. [Baoding City, Hebei Province] Practitioner Couple Wang Yan and Li Yueran Hold Hunger Strike to Resist Persecution in Baoding City's Detention Center
Practitioner Mr. Wang Yan and his wife Ms. Li Yueran are being held in Baoding City's Detention Center and are staging a hunger strike to resist the vicious persecution.
4. [Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province] Illegal Sentences for Practitioners Wang Shimin and Zhang Zhanyuan
Practitioners Wang Shimin and Zhang Zhanyuan have been detained at Xuanhua District's Detention Center in Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province for over a year. At 10:00 a.m. on May 14, 2004, without any evidence to prove that the charge against the practitioners is correct, police at Xuanhua District Court sentenced Wang Shimin to ten years in prison and Zhang Zhanyuan to eight years.
5. [Jinhua City, Hubei Province] Detention and Release of Dafa Practitioner Zhu Limin
Practitioner Zhu Limin, who was formerly a Zhejiang Province Falun Dafa voluntary assistant, was recently detained and is now being held at a detention center. In 2000, Zhu Limin was sentenced to two years of forced labor simply because he persists in practicing Falun Dafa. Mr. Zhu was cruelly tortured several times at Zhejiang Province's Shiliping Forced Labor Camp. His term was extended several times and he wasn't released until 2003.
At present, more than a dozen Dafa practitioners from Jinhua City are being forcibly placed into a brainwashing class. Practitioner Xu Qing was detained.
6. [Pingdu City, Shandong Province] Dafa Practitioner Zhong Shuhua Has Been Detained for Nearly a Month
Personnel from Pingdu City's Police Department have held over-50-year-old practitioner Ms. Zhong Shuhua for nearly a month. They tortured her throughout the whole detention period. Personnel from the "610 Office"(1) and from the police have never admitted to her family that she is being detained.
7. [Linghai City, Liaoning Province] Police Arrest Practitioner Yang Mei
On May 13, 2004, police from Linghai City arrested Dafa practitioner Yang Mei from the Jincheng District while she was at work in the Jinzhi Thermoelectric Factory. They then took her to Linghai City's Police Department. Knowing she didn't break any laws, and concerned about her primary-school-age son being left at home without care, Yang Mei ignored the unconstitutional arrest proceeding, calmly left the police department, and went home.
At around 9:00 a.m. on May 17, three police officers including Yang Xiaochun, and a policewomen from the Jincheng District Police Department, broke into Yang Mei's workshop and arrested her again. Prior to this, Yang Mei's husband, and practitioner Li Yong, had been deceived into going to Donghua Township. On the way there police caught them and threw them into a police car driven by Xiao Fuchen, and sent them to Linghai City's Detention Center. They were sentenced to three years of forced labor at Jinzhou City's Forced Labor Camp.
Names of policemen with primary responsibility for participating in the persecution in Jincheng District:
Wang Jingshan, Police Department section chief: 86-416-8285999 (Office);
Wang Jingshan, Jincheng District's Police Department head: 86-416-8286000 (Home);
Yang Xiaochun, in charge of persecution: 86-416-8285615 (Office).
8. [Qing'an County, Heilongjiang Province] Arrest of Eight Dafa Practitioners
At around 9:00 p.m. on May 11, 2004, a group of lawless police officers headed by Wang Xingyun and Cui Hailong from the National Security Team and the Qing'an County's Police Department, harassed, searched, and arrested several Dafa practitioners in Qing'an County. At least eight practitioners were arrested, including Zhang Guozhen, and one practitioner chose to leave home. Police confiscated a notebook computer, a printer, a cell phone, and some other belongings. Zhang Guozhen and another practitioners are still being held.
Partially responsible personnel and relevant units:
(Country code: 86, area code: 455. Don't dial area code before a cell phone numbers.)
Qing'an County's "610 Office": 4339301;
Chen Shuren, Qing'an County's "610 Office" head: 4339889 (Home):
Wang Zhilong, Qing'an County's Police Department assistant chief: 4332097 (Home), and 86-13904856871 (Cell);
Wang Xingyun, leader of Qing'an County's National Security Team: 4321379 (Home).
9. [Yueyang County, Hunan Province] Practitioner Wang Ping is Arrested Again
On May 11, 2004, more than a dozen policemen from Yueyang County's National Security Team, headed by Li Xiaomao, broke into practitioner Ms. Wang Ping's home and took her to a detention center. Li Xiaomao claimed Wang Ping is now healthy and they will sentence her to prison terms. Wang Ping was released after she was tortured to the point of death three times at forced labor camps and detention centers.
10. [Nileke County, Xinjiang AR] Illegal Curtailment of Freedom for Dafa Practitioner Wang Kaihu at the County's Detention Center for Posting Truth-Clarifying Slogans -- Belated News
Mr. Wang Kaihu is a Dafa practitioner from Yili City, Nileke County, Xinjiang Autonomous Region. In 2002 he was sentenced to five years in prison at Nileke County's Detention Center. The detention situation is very bad. Due to the both mental and physical abuse, Wang Kaihu's health was extremely poor. His current situation is unclear.
11. [Kurle City, Xinjiang AR] Practitioners Zhang Jie and Li Wenxiu Held and Tortured at the Pailou Forced Labor Camp
Two Dafa practitioners are held in the No. 2 Team of Kurle City's Pailou Forced Labor Camp. Mr. Zhang Jie was sentenced to 10 years of forced labor, Ms. Li Wenxiu to 7 years. Because they were determined in their beliefs and refused to be "reformed," they were inhumanly tortured, including being hung up by their handcuffs in a vegetable cellar for many hours. A criminal in the same labor camp leaked out this information with great difficulties.
12. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Arrest of Practitioner Tang Min for Distributing Truth-Clarifying Information
On May 13, 2004, officers from the Qiqihar Railway Police Precinct and the Longfeng Police Precinct arrested practitioner Tang Min from his/her home because Tang Min had distributed truth-clarifying materials.
13. [Yuncheng City, Shandong Province] Practitioner Han Yingfeng Went to Beijing to Appeal for Falun Gong in 2001 But His Whereabouts Are Still Unknown
Mr. Han Yingfeng, 52, a farmer from Tangmiao Township, Yuncheng County, Shandong Province, began Falun Dafa practice in 1997. On January 15, 2001 he went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, but he has not come back since then. His whereabouts are still unknown. Before going to appeal in Beijing he said to a practitioner in the same village, "I realized that practitioners should go to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa and reclaim Dafa's innocence." He said to his parents, "Please, take care. Your son might not serve you." Being poor, he took barely any money with him. He was planning to walk to Beijing, a long distance from his home.
14. [Zhuozhou City, Hebei Province] Practitioner Li Chunlin Arrested for Stopping Someone from Defacing Dafa Truth-Clarifying Information
On April 13, 2004, when practitioner Li Chunlin from Gaoli Township, Zhuozhou City, saw one of the village's security committee members defacing some Dafa truth-clarifying information he went to persuade him, "Falun Dafa is great! The truth-clarifying information is saving people from danger." The next day, however, Li Chunlin was arrested.
15. [Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province] Arrest of Dai Xinmei and Li Liyang
In April 2004, practitioner Ms. Dai Xinmei, an employee of Nanjing City's Yangzi Petroleum Chemical Company, was arrested for making and distributing truth-clarifying materials. It is said that she is currently being held at Nanjing City's Detention Center. In addition, another practitioner, Li Liyang, an officer of Jiangsu Province's Senior Citizens Committee, was implicated and put into a brainwashing class after Dai Xinmei was arrested.
16. [Lingqiu County, Shanxi Province] Arrest of Dafa Practitioners Yue Fuping and Wang Zhenxia for Distributing Truth-clarifying Information
During the morning of March 29, 2004, Dafa practitioners Yue Fuping and Ms. Wang Zhenxia from Lingqiu County, Shanxi Province went to local villages to distribute truth-clarifying materials, but someone reported them to police. Officers from Luoshuihe Township's Police Precinct arrested them. They are currently being held at Lingqiu County's Detention Center.
Related phone numbers:
Sun Jiashou, Lingqiu County's Police Department chief, 86-352-8522346
Lingqiu County's Detention Center: 86-352-8522177
17. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Authorities from Hongshan District Arrest Dafa Practitioners
Dafa practitioner Ms. Xu Guolian is a retired employee from the Gedian Chemical Factory. Because of practicing Falun Dafa she had been detained at Wuhan City's Female Prison for three years. On May 12, 2004, about ten people from the Zuoling Town Legal System Office in the Hongshan District of Wuhan City, and from the Gehua Police Precinct broke into Xu's house and attempted to capture her. They were going to take her to Jiufeng Township's Brainwashing Class in the Hongshan District. Xu foiled the illegal arrest attempt with the power of her righteous thoughts. She is currently living in exile.
On May 15, the same gang, along with ten men from Ludun Village, Zuoling Town, broke into Dafa practitioner Ms. Xu Aiying's home. She used to be an employee of the Gedian Chemical Factory, but was fired. Ms. Xu was detained at Wuhan City's Hewan Forced Labor Camp for two years. They forcibly carried her into a car and sent her to a brainwashing class.
Li Jinyu, head of the Zuoling Town's Legal System Office, 86-27-87616400 (Home)
18. [Hong'an County, Hubei Province] Policemen Arrest Two Dafa Practitioners
In April 2004, persecutors from Hong'an County's "610 Office" organized local policemen and some deceived people to arrest Dafa practitioners who had clarified the truth or distributed truth-clarifying materials, by monitoring or waiting for Dafa practitioners at certain locations. During the night of April 23, when Dafa practitioners Ms. Luo Qingmei and Ms. Zhang Xiuying from Hong'an County were clarifying the truth on a main street, they were arrested. The people who did this foul deed were those who had been staking out the area, and include Yao Xuejun, official from the "610 Office," Lu Zaolin, an officer from the Security Section of the police department, and local policemen Hu Hongsheng and Li Qigui. Afterwards, these lawless policemen ransacked the practitioners' houses.
Falun Gong practitioners in Hong'a County's Cigarette Factory in Hubei Province have been fined over ten thousand Yuan (2). In order to destroy the evidence of persecuting Falun Gong practitioners, the factory has collected these fine receipts from practitioners.
19. [Hunan Province] Dafa Practitioners Yang Yuman and Hu Chougai Are Transferred to a Forced Labor Camp
At 3:00 a.m. on May 10, 2004, Dafa practitioners Yang Yuman and Hu Chougai from Hunan Province were separately transferred from Chenxi County's Detention Center to two forced labor camps in Changsha City. Yang Yuman has been on a hunger strike for over 50 days at the county's detention center, and has been force-fed.
Many Dafa practitioners clarify the truth to officials at different levels. Yang Yuman's sister asked a lawyer to write a Report Requesting Dismissal of the Illegal Detention of Yang Yuman, and the report has been handed to the county's People's Congressional Committee, the Political and Judiciary Committee, the Police Department, the "610 Office," and the prosecuting department. With other's help, Hu Chougai's son, who is a secondary school student, also handed the Report Requesting Dismissal of the Illegal Detention of Hu Chougai to those government representatives mentioned above, but they only got a one sentence reply, "We can only show our concern to these cases. The police department is in charge." Officials from the police department did not permit them to see the practitioners.
(1) 610 Office - An agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems
(2) Yuan is the Chinese currency. 500 Yuan is the average monthly income for a worker in urban areas of China.