(Clearwisdom.net) We are Falun Gong practitioners and family members of practioners living in Shanhaiguan District, Qinhangdao City, Hebei Province. Simply because we have explained to the government and the people the truth that "Falun Dafa is good!" and "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance" are good, we continue to be illegally arrested and our property confiscated by the police without any due legal procedures. This injustice has continued for four years now. Furthermore, practitioners are detained, "reeducated" through forced labor and sentenced to imprisonment. Practitioners suffer all manner of persecution; some are brutally tortured, large sums of money are extorted from practitioners and their families, and practitioners are interrogated and tortured into revealing other practitioners' names. The police in Shanhaiguan District, Qinhangdao City will try everything when attemping to force Falun Gong practitioners into renouncing their practice. Practitioners have even been tortured to death.

The following are the crimes that Liu Guansheng, head of the "610 Office" in Shanhaiguan District, Qinhangdao City has committed [the "610 Office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems]:

Liu Guansheng, male, over 50 years old, is currently the deputy director of the Shanhaiguan Public Security Bureau in Qinhangdao City, Hebei Province and is in charge of the Shanhaiguan Detention Center (Qinhangdao City No. 3 Detention Center). He is also head of the "610 Office" in the Shanhaiguan District, Qinhangdao City, so Liu is undoubtedly the main person responsible for persecuting and killing Falun Gong practitioners.

For more than four years now, Liu has served Jiang's regime in persecuting kind and innocent Falun Gong practitioners in Shanhaiguan, and he detained many Qinhangdao City practitioners in his Shanhaiguan Detention Center. According to incomplete statistics only accounting for the Shanhaiguan District, Qinhangdao City, between 170 and 180 practitioners were illegally detained, brutally tortured and interrogated under torture as a result of his direct and indirect instructions. Practitioners were illegally detained in the Qinhangdao City Detention Center for months, sometimes for over 10 months. Some practitioners were repeatedely detained seven or eight times because they refused to write the "guarantee statement" [a statement to declare that he or she is remorseful for practicing Falun Gong and guarantees not to practice Falun Gong again, not to go to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, and never again associate with any Falun Dafa practitioners]. Afterwards, if they still did not compromise, practitioners were sent to forced labor camps. From the district of Shanhaiguan alone, over the past four years more than 30 people have been incarcerated in forced labor camps, and some practitioners have been detained in forced labor camps two or three times already.

The three districts of Qinhangdao are Haigang, Beidaihe and Shanhaiguan. At present, the two known incidents of deaths resulting from torture have both occured in the Shanhaiguan District. Ms. Pi Jinghui of the Shanhaiguan Bulb Factory is among those murdered. The evil people of the Tangshan Kaiping District Forced Labor Camp knew that she was in critical condition from torture, yet when her family members refused to take her home [because the labor camp needed to assume responsibility], the wicked people there did not immediately send her to a hosiptal. They left her alone in an office and went off to eat. Upon returning, they found Ms. Pi dead. The perpetrators rigorously prevented the disclosure of the news about Ms. Pi's death by directly threatening her family memebers.

Ms. Hou Guimin, 45 years old, of the Shanhaiguan Dockyard is the other victim. After she had been detained for more than six months, the police again broke into her home. Ms. Hou was forced to jump out of a window trying to get away from the persecution, which resulted in her death. Her family members did not dare collect her body for a long time because the perpetrators were very abusive towards them.

Mr. Zhao Huanzhen was severely persecuted in the Tangshan Hehuakeng Forced Labor Camp. He was not allowed to go home even after he became very sick, and he is now permanently disabled as a result of the torture he endured.

Liu Guansheng, along with the Qinhangdao City Public Security Bureau Deputy Director, Lu Shuli (head of the Qinhangdao City "610 Office"), and others including Wang Xianzeng, Xu Yingbin of the No. 1 Section of the City Public Security Bureau, have secretly forced practitioners into making confessions many times through torture, and they used various punishments to torment practitioners.

During the 2000 Chinese New Year, Liu Guansheng personally participated in the persecution, and he also transferred the vice squad to his detention center to join him in persecuting practitioners. They inhumanly tortured more than 30 practitioners who had collectively appealed, by beating them with rubber and wooden sticks, tightly tying them up with the ropes, locking them in small iron cells, having them sit on a "tiger bench" (1) and hanging them up. Many practitioners suffered injuries all over their bodies and lost consciousness during the torture.

At the end of May 2001, large numbers of practitioners were arrested. Liu Guansheng ordered his men to beat practitioners "to death," and he also instructed the police to use every kind of torture on them. They tied practitioners with ropes, hung them up for torture, handcuffed their hands behind the backs and squeezed beverage bottles under their arms to cause more pain. Then they forced practitioners to kneel on the ground, put a log on their lower legs, and two people stepped on the log to press and roll it. They also whipped practitioners with rope that had been soaked in cold water, beat practioners with electric batons and wooden sticks, blocked their mouths with dirty cloths and burned practitioners with lighters and cigarette-butts (the scars still remain as proof). What is more horrible is when they hung up and beat a female practitioner after her clothes were stripped off; they gagged her, did not allow her to eat or sleep, and physically abused her. They also sent another young female practitioner to the mental hospital and injected her with harmful drugs.

In 2001, when three detained practitioners had been tortured to the point of death, Liu Guansheng feared responsibility for their deaths, so he secretly sentenced them to reeducation through forced labor. However, this proposal was refused by the forced labor camp. Later, before these three people had fully recovered, Liu again took them to the forced labor camp and again he was turned down. Finally, he went through personal connections, giving gifts and money to personnel in the forced labor camp in order to have them accept the practitioners. Only when the practitioners really seemed to be dying were they were finally released and allowed to return home.

In early June 2003, the Shanhaiguan District "610 Office" and the Public Security Bureau, the Qinhangdao City "610 Office" head, Lu Shuli, and the No. 1 Section of the City Public Security Bureau again arrested Falun Gong practitioners, interrogating them using torture. Nearly 30 practitioners were captured, several truth-clarification materials production sites were destroyed and more than 20 computers together with a large sum of money were confiscated. The materials production site was paralyzed for a while. This also affected fellow practitioners in the nearby Haigang and Suizhong Districts. About nine of the practitioners arrested in Qinhangdao City were sent to forced labor camps.

Under Liu Guansheng's instigation, the No. 1 Section of the Shanhaiguan Public Security Bureau, the Shanhaiguan Nanguan Local Police Station, the Xijie Local Police Station and the Lunan Local Police Station all participated in the persecution. In the Lunan Police Station, Falun Gong practitioners were brutally tortured and questioned. Even a blind, 50-year-old practitioner was not let off. They tied up practitioners with ropes and squeezed beverage bottles under their arms to cause much more pain, and beat them with rubber or wooden sticks. Many practitioners had bruises covering their bodies, some lost consciousness, and some even urinated blood.

Ms. Xie Jingzhen, a practitioner from the Haigang District, has been detained many times within the past four years. She was also sentenced to reeducation through forced labor, only to be rejected by the camp. Her husband was forced to divorce her (they have since remarried), and she had to leave home to avoid further persecution. The Qinhangdao City police then falsely claimed she was "a murderer" and issued a warrant to arrest her. When she was later seized by the Shanhaiguan police, she was tortured until her body was so covered with bruises that she almost didn't appear to be a person, and her hair turned completely white. The Qinhangdao Public Security Bureau No. 1 Section awarded 20,000 yuan to the Shanhaiguan Local Police Station for arresting her [500 yuan is equal to the average monthly salary of an urban worker in China]. This manhunt also affected practitioners from two materials production sites in the Haigang District.

Mr. Yang Yuzhu, over 50 years old, was tormented by the No. 1 Section of the Qinhangdao Public Security Bureau and severely wounded. He then fell from the 6th floor, which led to partial paralysis. Haigang District practitioners Ms. Bi Yanzhen and Li Ziying were also arrested. Bi Yanzhen was forcibly sent to Tangshan Kaiping Forced Labor Camp without any evidence of any crime or any legal procedures.

When Shanhaiguan practitioner Wei Danquan was still very weak from torture, the police sent him to the Tangshan Hehuakeng Forced Labor Camp. The forced labor camp accepted him with reluctance, but they did not regarded him as being in the camp for reeducation. Rather, he was only there for "temporary supervision." Finally, Mr. Wei became very emaciated, and the Shanhaiguan "610 Office" was asked to take him back. Even then they still refused to release him.

On February 10, 2004, Shanhaiguan practitioners Ms. Zhu Shujuan and Sun Yuzhi handed out Dafa truth-clarification materials in the West building of the South Garden residential area of the Shanhaiguan District. They were followed by Shanhaiguan No. 1 Section chief Zhang Deyue and later taken to the Xijie Local Police Station.

On February 11, Shen Ruiqin, her husband Wang Jichang and their son were captured (Wang Jichang and the son have since been released). The computer, printer and other equipment for their materials production site were all confiscated.

Liu Guansheng has participated in the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners in the Shanhaiguan brainwashing center many times, and he personally took many practitioners there. He also confiscated practitioners' properties and fined many of them. In short, he has created a tense and hostile enviornment in Shanhaiguan and brought tremendous psychological trauma upon numerous families.

The long list of crimes committed by Liu Guansheng does not end here. We will provide more details and information about Liu in the future, and we will also continue to keep thorough records of all of the murderers who persecute Falun Gong until they are brought to justice.

Departments and personnel that have persecuted Falun Gong practitioners:

Shanhaiguan Lunan Local Police Station, manager Zhang Weimin: 86-335-5179943
Shanhaiguan XX Local Police Station: 86-335-5035983, 86-335-5035981
Inquiry Office: 86-335-5036393
National People's Congress Vice-President: 86-335-5036392
Shanhaiguan Public Security Bureau director, Zhou Hui 86-335-5052196 (office), 86-335-3060933 (home), 86-13503237666 (mobile)
Shanhaiguan Public Security Bureau deputy director, Liu Guansheng: 86-335-5052315 (0ffice),
86-335-5057838 (home), 86-13803355509 (mobile)
Shanhaiguan Public Security Bureau Commissar, Lu Huachun 86-335-5062814 (office), 86-335- 3088933 (home), 86-13903358158 (mobile)
Shanhaiguan District "610 Office" Chief, Ding Guolai: 86-335-5051072 (office), 86-335-
5053296 (home)
Shanhaiguan District "610 Office," Guan Xiyou: 86-335-5050267 (home)
Shanhaiguan Public Security Bureau No. 1 Section Chief, Zhang Qiyue: 86-335-5052464
Shanhaiguan Nanguan Local Police Station manager, Yang Yandong 86-335-5051162
Shanhaiguan Xijie Local Police Station manager, Wang Jianmin, Wang Jianfeng, (Jiang Yang)

Names of practitioners who have been persecuted:

Pi Jinghui (persecuted to death), Hou Guimin (persecuted to death), Zhao Huanzhen (persecuted to disability), Sun Yuhuan, Ji Shuxian, Lin Chaohui, Zheng Xiangyang, Ding Jianhua, Mu Yuqiu, Wang Xiuzhi, Deng Chunping, Ma Tieping, Zhang Tiechun, Yang Xiaoyong, Liu Lihua, Guan Jianrong, Jin Chaohong (pronounciation), Wei Danquan, He Xiujie, He Xiuhua, Wang Jingming, Chu Shue, Yang Anfeng, Zheng Zhicheng, Men Xiaofang, Deng Wenyang, Zuo Hongtao, Li Jian, Chen Fengchun, Liu Changfu, Guo Hongping, Li Changlan, Gao Feng, Mei Yingjiu, Zhu Shujuan, Sun Yuzhi, Shen Ruiqin.

(1) "Tiger Bench:" Practitioners are forced to sit on a small iron bench that is approximately 20 cm (6 inches) tall with their knees tied together. With their hands tied behind their backs or sometimes placed on their knees, they are forced to sit straight up and look straight ahead. They are not allowed to turn their heads, close their eyes, talk to anyone or move at all. Several inmates are assigned to watch over the practitioners and force them to remain motionless while sitting on the bench. Usually some hard objects are inserted underneath the practitioners' lower legs or ankles to make it harder for them to tolerate this abuse (see illustration on < http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2001/11/24/16156.html>)]