Latest News from China - January 22, 2004
- [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Murdered in Harbin Prison; Other Cases Include a Mentally Traumatized Practitioner
- [Urumqi City, Xinjiang] Ms. Guo Lirong, a Falun Dafa Practitioner from Chengdu City, Sichuan Province is Unlawfully Held at the Urumqi City Women's Forced Labor Camp
- [Gongzhuling City, Jilin Province] Lawless Mayor Acts as a Political Thug for Jiang
- [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Hu Yuyuan and Her Mother Mrs. Guan Shuyun Arrested
- [Hulin County, Heilongjiang Province] No. 854 Yingchun Farm Withholds Retired Employees' Pensions
- [Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province] List of Falun Dafa Practitioners Held in the Shuangyashan City Detention Center
- [Jixian County, Heilongjiang Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Cui Fenglan Arrested
- [Puning City, Guangdong Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Ji Zhitong and Xu Jingchuan Secretly Transferred away after Being Abducted to a Detention Center
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Liu Chunying from Dongxihu, Wuhan City Is Arrested
- [Hebei Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Du Rongfang Again Placed Under Arrest for Further Persecution
- [Tai'an City, Shandong Province] Thugs at the Taishan District Education Bureau Feed Lies to Youths
- [Sichuan Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Mr. Min Qinjun Sentenced to Ten Years in Prison
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Criminal Records of Police Officer Li Shengli at the Qingling Detention Center in Wuchang District
- [Zibo City, Shandong Province] Information from Wangcun and Other Forced Labor Camps in Shandong Province
- [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Harbin Women's Prison Lies to Falun Dafa Practitioners' Families
1. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Killed in the Harbin Prison; Other Cases Include a Mentally Traumatized Practitioner
Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Wang Weihua, 24, had been sentenced to four years in prison. Before the Chinese New Year in 2002, he was sent to the Harbin Prison, and in 2003 he died due to the persecution. Mr. Wang's mother Wu Shujie is also a practitioner who used to work for the Housing Section of the Jianhua Factory.
Mr. Li Huifeng (serving a sentence of thirteen years) was sent to the Harbin Prison together with Mr. Wang Weihua. In 2003 Mr. Li was driven to mental collapse due to mistreatment. Other Falun Dafa practitioners held in the Harbin Prison include Ms. Wen Jie, a graduate from the Harbin Normal Institute who taught at the city's Minorities Middle School, serving a 9-year term; Mr. Chu Li, a former attorney, serving a 4-year term, and Mr. An Jingtao, serving a 4-year term. Mr. Pan Hongdong was sentenced to ten years in prison and sent to the Tailai Prison.
2. [Urumqi City, Xinjiang] Ms. Guo Lirong, a Falun Dafa Practitioner from Chengdu City, Sichuan Province is Unlawfully Held at the Urumqi City Women's Forced Labor Camp
Ms. Guo Lirong, 42, is a former employee of the Qianfeng Group Company in Chengdu City, Sichuan Province. She was arrested at her home in December 2002. According to Falun Gong practitioners in Xinjiang, Ms. Guo is being held in the Women's Forced Labor Camp in Urumqi City. She has been on hunger strike since June 2003. She has become crippled as a result of the abuse she received.
Address of the labor camp: No. 22 East Gebi Road, Brigade No. 1, Urumqi City,
Xinjiang, ZIP 830013.
Fuqing Road Police Station in Chengdu City, Sichuan Province: 86-28-83245724.
Security Section of the Qianfeng Water Heating Equipment Factory in Chengdu City, Sichuan Province: 86-28-83365635.
Chenghua District Branch of Police Department in Chengdu City: 86-28-83261024, 86-28-86406411.
Administration and Supervision Section of the Urumqi Women's Forced Labor Camp: 86-991-776-317.
3. [Gongzhuling City, Jilin Province] Lawless Mayor Acts as a Political Thug for Jiang
A new round of persecution against Falun Dafa practitioners has been started
in Gongzhuling City, Jilin Province. In a government conference, the mayor of
Gongzhuling City, Guo Tiecheng, proposed a dedicated fight against Falun Gong.
He will be personally engaged in conducting surveillance and making arrests.
On December 15 Ms. Teng Shuxian was abducted to Brigade No. 5 at the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City, Jilin Province. Her home is in Wujiazi Village in Bawu Town, Gongzhuling City. The police lied to her family members, telling them that she would be released in two days. Over half a month has passed, and there is no word yet of her release.
4. [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Hu Yuyuan and Her Mother Mrs. Guan Shuyun Arrested
On January 18, 2004 Ms. Hu Yuyuan and her mother Mrs. Guan Shuyun took a train to Beijing to visit relatives. The police placed them under arrest in the Qinhuangdao section of the railroad. Ms. Hu is an employee of the Heavy Machinery Factory of the Jinzhou City Heavy Duty Machinery Company Ltd. The next day, the Jinzhou City Police Department dispatched officers to search her home without a warrant.
5. [Hulin County, Heilongjiang Province] No. 854 Yingchun Farm Withholds Retired Employees' Pensions
Ten Falun Dafa practitioners at the No. 854 Yingchun Farm have had their retirement pensions withheld for over three years. When the practitioners went to ask the head of the farm for the withheld amounts, they demanded that he to show documents or regulations that authorized him to withhold pensions. The farm head failed to present any documents, but argued that he had the final say on the farm. As a top leader, he oversees the entire farm, including all its members and families.
Hao Linhou, head of the farm: 86-467-5967698 (home), 86-467-5968058 (work),
He Donghe, chief of the police department: 86-467-5968142 (work), 86-13903676290 (mobile).
Liu Xueming, deputy chief of the police department: 86-467-5968821 (home), 86-467-5968972 (work), 86-13009957392 (mobile).
Sun Shanfa, member of the "610 Office": 86-467-5968733 (home), 86-467-5961610 (work), 86-13054328578 (mobile). ["610 Office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems].
Zhao Hongying: 86-467-5967636 (home), 86-467-5968953 (work), 86-13304875958 (mobile).
6. [Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province] List of Falun Dafa Practitioners Held in the Shuangyashan City Detention Center
List of Falun Dafa practitioners detained at the Shuangyashan City Detention Center (those whose names are known): Chi Hailong, Sun Pinglu, Song Xinxing, Qi Wenbin, Ma Xigui, elderly gentleman Yan, Hu Guangming, and Zhao Yuhua.
Individuals responsible for the persecution are listed as follows.
Hu Xianzhong, head of the state security brigade: 86-469-4672408,
Gao Youhua of the police department and Qi Weidong of the county "610 Office": 86-469-4660182.
Yu Guohua, member of the county political and judiciary committee: 86-13339336000 (mobile), 86-13009774072 (mobile).
7. [Jixian County, Heilongjiang Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Cui Fenglan Arrested
The "610 Office" of Fuli Town has taken the banning of "pornography, gambling, and drugs" as an excuse to conduct searches of Falun Dafa practitioners' homes. Dafa practitioner Ms. Cui Fenglan was taken to a detention center by authorities using this excuse to gain entry into her home.
8. [Puning City, Guangdong Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Ji Zhitong and Xu Jingchuan Secretly Transferred away after Being Abducted to a Detention Center
On October 30, 2003, the Minghui website reported that two Falun Dafa practitioners, Ji Zhitong and Xu Jingchuan from Puning City, Guangdong Province had been taken to the detention center. Around mid-December, the two practitioners were secretly transferred. There whereabouts are currently unknown. Another practitioner, Li Xingdan, was arrested on November 26, 2003, and is being held at the Puning Detention Center.
So far the following Falun Dafa practitioners from Puning City are still being held in custody: Ms. Huang Chufang, Ms. Zhang Minhua (both held in the Guangdong Provincial Women's Prison, the address of which is P. O. Box 52, Guangcong Road Section 4, Baiyun District, Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province); Ms. Jiang Chanxian and Ms. Jiang Chanjun (both held in the Sanshui Women's Education Institute in Guangdong Province, the telephone number of which is 86-757-87313692 and 86-757-87313847.
Chen Yingkun, head of the "610 Office" at the Puning City Police
Department: 86-663-2225060, 86-663-2223900.
Puning Police Department: 86-663-2252678.
Li Wennian, deputy head of the Puning Police Department: 86-13822929789 (mobile).
Puning City Detention Center: 86-663-2247652.
9. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Liu Chunying from Dongxihu, Wuhan City Is Arrested
Ms. Liu Chunying, 53, is from Dongxihu, Wuhan City, Hubei Province. She was arrested on May 24, 2003 while distributing Falun Gong truth-clarifying materials. Her whereabouts are unknown, but some say she is being held in the Dongxihu area.
10. [Hebei Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Du Rongfang Again Placed Under Arrest for Further Persecution
Ms. Du Rongfang had been held at the Beijing Women's Forced Labor Camp for extended persecution. Despite all sorts of torture and abuse, she remains steadfast in her belief and refuses to compromise. Her sentence was extended for ten more months. By November 2003, even the extended term had been completed. The forced labor camp asked local authorities to take her back, all the while lying to her that she was being sent home. In fact, she was taken into local custody and forced into attending a brainwashing session against her will.
11. [Tai'an City, Shandong Province] Thugs at the Taishan District Education Bureau Feed Lies to Youths
Since July 20, 1999, the Taishan District Education Bureau has been suppressing Falun Gong in the education system. During the winter break in January 2004, the bureau has been promoting the fabricated lies about the "Tiananmen staged immolation" among elementary and middle school students.
Zhang Guoyi, head of the Taishan District Education Bureau: 86-538-8425056
(work), 86-13583800838 (mobile).
Cao Bin, deputy head of the Taishan District Bureau and Party secretary of the disciplinary committee: 86-538-8214616 (work), 86-13953822286 (mobile).
Ma Li, deputy head of the Taishan District Bureau: 86-538-6116555 (work).
12. [Sichuan Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Mr. Min Qinjun Sentenced to Ten Years in Prison
The police in Chengdu City, Sichuan Province arrested Mr. Min Qinjun in April 2002. Later, he was sentenced to 10 years in prison. He is currently being held in the Guangyuan City Prison in Sichuan Province.
13. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Criminal Records of Police Officer Li Shengli at the Qingling Detention Center in Wuchang District
The Qingling Detention Center in Wuhan City, Hubei Province has been used on numerous occasions to unlawfully detain many Falun Dafa practitioners. I went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong in June 2000 and I was sent back to the Qingling Detention Center and held there for over a month. The following account details what I observed while there:
A police officer named Li Shengli was extremely vicious. He has tortured quite a few Falun Dafa practitioners. Practitioner Zhang was brutally beaten simply for being steadfast in cultivation. Li also placed a pair of shackles tightly around the ankles of another Dafa practitioner. The pair of shackles weighed over 20 kilograms. He then ordered inmates to drag the shackles. The practitioner could not keep his balance and fell to the ground while being dragged around and around. The shackles cut into his ankles and caused his ankles to become deformed. Later the police directed inmates to beat him so severely that one of his ribs was broken. Fortunately, his subsequent practice of the Falun Gong exercises quickly and completely restored his body.
In addition, the Qingling Detention Center has also extorted cash and other possessions from the families of Falun Dafa practitioners. In so doing, the detention center authorities threatened the families that their loved ones would face retaliation if they refused to comply with the extortion. It is widely known in Wuhan City that the detention center also resorts to violence and threats when extorting other detainees on civil or criminal charges.
14. [Zibo City, Shandong Province] Information from Wangcun and Other Forced Labor Camps in Shandong Province
The notorious Wangcun Forced Labor Camp is located at Wangcun Town, Zhoucun District, Zibo City, Shandong Province. The labor camp is divided into Camp 1, Camp 2, and Camp 3. A year ago, the No. 2 Shandong Women's Forced Camp and a youth camp were constructed specifically for the persecution of Falun Dafa practitioners. The No. 1 Shandong Forced Labor is located in Jinan City, Shandong Province. The No. 2 women's labor camp and the youth camp are located within Zibo City, and are not far from Camp 1 of the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp.
Camps 2 and 3 are located in Guanzhuan Township in Zhangqiu City, both of which are not far from the section of Zhangqiu Road on State Route 309. This section of road is remote and hilly. In the past two years, these two camps have primarily been used for persecuting Falun Dafa practitioners. Zhangqiu City is subordinated to Jinan City, and it was used to be called Mingshui County. According to geographical divisions, Camp 1 of the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp belongs to Zibo City, while Camps 2 and 3 belong to Zhangqiu City, which is a part of Jinan City. The abovementioned No. 2 Shandong Women's Forced Labor Camp is a facility spun off from Camps 2 and 3 of the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp. In the past, Camp 2 could be used primarily for the persecution of male practitioners, and Camp 3 for female practitioners. During the several years of persecution, the Wangcun Forced Labor has gone through several reorganizations. Many police officers have been rotated and replaced. The situation also varies from brigade to brigade.
In Wangcun, there is a well-known factory named the "8-3 Factory". The factory operates its own schools, radio station, and branch factories. It occupies a vast area, which includes the area where the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp was built. Locals also use the "8-3 Factory" as a synonym for the labor camp.
The above information is only meant for reference.
15. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Harbin Women's Prison Lies to Falun Dafa Practitioners' Families
I have a Falun Dafa practitioner relative who is being held in the Intensive Training Team of the Harbin Women's Prison in Heilongjiang Province. Her family members went there to visit her but the prison authorities told them that the practitioner refused to see them. This has set up a false misunderstanding between the practitioner and her family members.
It turned out that the prison authorities have deprived the practitioners of the right to have visitors because they refused to shout "report" since they are not criminals, before talking to officers in the prison.
January 21, 2004