(Clearwisdom.net) My family has four members: my father, my mother, my sister and me. My parents both practiced Falun Gong since 1996 and my sister and I became practitioners in 1997. Before my parents practiced Falun Gong, my father was suffering from a serious sickness and my mother had not fully recovered from a previous traffic accident. Even after hospital treatment, their health never fully recovered. Practicing Falun Gong they both became very healthy people. Their miraculous recoveries were witnessed by relatives and friends. My whole family is very grateful to Dafa, and Teacher's kindness.

After the Jiang regime started to persecute Falun Gong, my mother went to Beijing to appeal and she was illegally arrested and sent back to the local police department. The police asked my father to pay them a lot of money to obtain her release. Later on my mother went to Beijing to appeal several more times, and each time she suffered brutal persecution. When so-called "sensitive days" were coming up, police arbitrarily arrested practitioners, and my mother was frequently taken to the detention center. Our peaceful family life was greatly disturbed and we were also put under immense financial pressure, making our daily living harder and harder.

Fully within his rights under the Chinese Constitution, my father went to Beijing to appeal, but was arrested. After being detained for a few days, he was sentenced to a labor camp for three years. The labor camp's conditions were very poor and the environment was extremely evil. Guards ordered criminals to take turns monitoring my father. They did not allow us to write to him or meet with him and we almost lost contact with him. Under such oppressive circumstances, my father's health gradually worsened. Since my father was prohibited from practicing the exercises and studying the Fa, his health deteriorated even further. Not until September of 2000, after my father had been sick for more than a month, did the guards send him to a hospital after seeing that my father was dying. When I visited my father in the hospital he was emaciated and had difficulty talking. A few days later he passed away.

In July 2001, my mother was arrested. After being held in detention for more than a month, she was also sentenced to a labor camp for two years. Presently my mother still has not been released, and my sister and I have not been able to see her since she was arrested in 2001.

Just because my family practiced Falun Dafa, we were abused terribly. The persecution tore apart our harmonious and happy family life.