To: Liaoning Province People's Court

Yu Yingnan, of Han nationality, was born on December 1, 1970. He lived in the Yangjiazhangzi Economic Development Zone at No. 244 Youhao Street in the Tuanjie Neighborhood of Huludao City, Liaoning Province. He was detained in Huludao City Forced Labor Camp twice for practicing Falun Gong. The first time he was detained from June 24, 2000 to October 23, 2001. The second time began June 16, 2002, with his term due to end sometime next year. Yingnan has encountered brutal persecution in the labor camp only because he steadfastly practices Falun Gong.

On November 29, 2000, and June 25, 2002, in the Huludao City Forced Labor Camp, Yu Yingnan was cruelly tortured in a room on the second floor where camp personnel resided. Liu Guohua, Yao Chuang, and Pang Guodong, the people principally in charge of the forced labor camp, instigated chief guard Wang Shengli, administration section vice chief Zhang Fusheng, and education section clerk Tong Liyong to torture Yu Yingnan, causing injury and disability.

On November 29, 2000, Zhang Fusheng, Wang Shengli, and other prison guards tortured Yu with electric batons for seven hours, from 3:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. Zhang Fusheng beat and kicked Yu, then pushed him to the ground, pulled out Yu's belt and used it to tie up his feet. Then he took off all of Yu's clothes and shocked every part of Yu's body with electric batons, including his head, face, neck, shoulders armpits, back, chest, abdomen, waist, hands, legs and feet.

Prison guard Zhang Fusheng shocked Yu Yingnan's penis with an electric baton for more than two hours. Manager Yao Chuang fully supported this kind of hooligan act and threatened, "Yu Yingnan, you must transform today whether you want to or not. If the transformation does not work, your term will be extended for a year." Commander in Chief Liu Guohua sat on a chair in front of Yu Yingnan and looked at him coldly the entire time.

When the torture with electric batons did not succeed in getting Yu Yingnan to give up his belief in Falun Dafa, guard Zhang Fusheng poured a bucket of cold water over Yu's head. Yu was sitting on the concrete floor, and his lower body was nearly soaked. The guards again shocked him with electric batons. I do not remember how many times, but when the electric baton battery ran out, it was re-charged and used on Yu again and again. The guards used five or six electric batons at the same time to shock Yu's head, neck, face, armpits and other sensitive places for a long time. Wang Shengli, utterly frustrated, used an electric baton that was still charging to torture Yu Yingnan and damaged it. Zhang Fusheng then put Yu's hands into the water on the ground and shocked him with electric batons on each side. The heat produced from the electrical charges caused the water on the ground to evaporate, and the heated handcuffs burned marks on Yu's wrists.

Guard Zhang Fusheng also instigated the criminal Guo Aimin to beat Yu Yingnan, and guard Li Jian even practiced kickboxing on Yu Yingnan. Under orders from manger Yao Chuang and the chief in charge Liu Guohua, the guards tortured Yu Yingnan more violently. When he was torturing Yu, Chief Liu Haihou said, "Let's see if your energy can beat my fire." At that, he used a lighter to burn Yu Yingnan's beard.

After Yu returned to his cell, his cellmates could not recognize him. His face was grotesquely swollen, and his neck was full of big blisters. His face still bares scars from the electric shocks.

Because Yu Yingnan was forced to sit naked on the wet concrete floor and was subjected to brutal torture with electric batons in the cold winter, he frequently felt cold afterwards and became very weak. His penis was swollen and ached, and he had difficulty urinating.

After Yu was tortured, he was cuffed together with six other people and closely supervised by an instructing team member. The team leaders on duty were Ding Wenxue, Diao Zhiqiang, Chen Jiuyi and others. After Yu Yingnan's brutal torture, Huludao City Forced Labor Camp implemented an complete blockage of news of the atrocity, even refusing to allow instructors' visits. When provincial inspectors came, Liu Guohua ordered team leader Han Xuebin to take Yu Yingnan, Wang Chengde, Liang Guoman, Li Kai and any others who had been beaten to a small room several minutes before the inspection began to avoid having the camera and video recorder from the province film them.

On June 25, 2002, Yu Yingnan was on the seventh day of a hunger strike. Guard Zhang Fusheng led five people, including Zhao Lei from the Living and Health Section, to persecute Yu. After they used three electric batons on him at the same time for half an hour, Yu was breathing heavily and short of breath, he had no strength, and his mouth was bleeding. Although it was in the heat of summer, Yu Yingnan's whole body became very cold, and he couldn't stop shivering. He still suffers from this condition, although it is more obvious in winter. In November his hands and feet were icy cold, his toes ached and it was difficult for him to walk. At night this unbearable pain kept him from sleeping for the whole night. He was often awakened by the pain and suffered this way for a long time.

In summary, Liu Guohua, Yao Chuang, Zhang Fusheng, Wang Shengli, Pang Guodong, Tong Liyong, Liu Haihou and Li Jian of Huludao City Forced Labor Camp have violated sections 1 and 2 of criminal law 248 by committing the following crimes:

  • The crime of beating, physically punishing and maltreating a detained person
  • The crime of instigating beatings, physical punishment and maltreatment of a detained person
  • The crime of intentionally causing injuries
  • The crime of collecting evidence with violence

Therefore, they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law..

We hereby request:

1. The immediate and unconditional release of Yu Yingnan

2. Based on the law, a serious investigation of the above-mentioned criminal behavior, punishment for the perpetrators, compensation to the victim for his pain and suffering, and financial compensation for the victim's family members.


Huludao City Falun Dafa practitioners

September 20, 2004

Copies of this appeal have been sent to: Hulutao City People's Court, Hulutao City Prosecutor, Huludao City Forced Labor Camp, Reeducation Through Forced Labor Administrative Bureau, Huludao City Public Security Bureau, Huludao City Judicial Bureau, and the Huludao City Detention Center. This document has also been saved for future investigation and records.