(Clearwisdom.net) Wanjia Hospital is a hospital in name, but in reality it is a place where people are injured and killed.

The group leader of the inmate guards, Wang Xiaohong, was sentenced to three years of forced labor for drug trafficking. Prison guard Yu Fangli has taken a 400 yuan bribe from Wang Xiaohong [Chinese currency, the monthly salary for an average Chinese urban worker is about 500 yuan]. Wang is used for torturing Falun Gong practitioners. In exchange for her services and for the bribe, Wang Xiaohong can even use her mobile phone to organize drug trafficking from the forced labor camp hospital.

Practitioners He Miao and Ding Yanhong had been on a hunger strike for a long period of time to resist the persecution. After beating them repeatedly, Yu Fangli still failed in her attempt to force these practitioners to give up their beliefs, so she gave drug trafficker Wang Xiaohong the authority to torture the practitioners. Wang Xiaohong would curse and beat up the practitioners at random, and she also called in other prison guards as her accomplices. All the kind-hearted people in the hospital shed tears on witnessing the torture, but these inmate guards and prison guards take pleasure in other people's misery.

One day, Wang Xiaohong and Zhang Yu severely beat up Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Wang Yuzhi, drawing the attention of prison guards Han Xishan, Hu Ping and others. When the guards arrived, the criminals intensified their beating. Prison guards Yu Fangli and Lin Yingzi brutally beat Falun Dafa practitioner Ding Yanhong, and their action made people bristle with anger.

Male doctors Jiang Chao and Chang Fan, as well as the head of the Wanjia Hospital, Song X [given name not known], are even worse in their treatment of Falun Dafa practitioners. They punched and kicked the Dafa practitioners who were on hunger strikes, while pulling their hair. This kind of inhuman torture would last until their victim was unable to move. Dafa practitioners were beaten almost every day for more than 30 consecutive days for refusing to give up their belief in Falun Dafa.

On November 20, Yu Fangli, Wang Xiaohong and others went to see Song X after beating up practitioner He Miao. Quite unexpectedly, Song ordered the nurse to give Ms. He a sedative by injection. He Miao was in a severely weakened condition and the injection made things even worse. As a result of the injection, she had to stay in bed for several days.

Details of the Persecution of Falun Dafa practitioners at Wanjia Forced Labor Camp in 2001

Ms. Sun Ming

On January 31, 2001 after two practitioners from the No. 7 Division were dragged out of the dining room by the police, the remaining practitioners in the division refused to eat and requested the release of the two practitioners. They were surrounded by a large number of policemen. One male policeman pulled Sun Ming by her hair and punched her on her temple. Then, he locked her up in solitary confinement. She was not given any bedding or personal belongings for seven or eight days and had to stand on the floor barefoot. She was forced to stand straight against the wall for seventeen or eighteen hours a day, and she suffered from cold and hunger. Every day Ms. Sun was given only two meals, each consisting of half a bowl of corn flour porridge. Later, she was handcuffed to the iron bars of the cell for practicing the Falun Gong exercises. Ms. Sun was deprived of sleep for as long as four days in succession, and was locked in solitary compartment for 38 days while on a hunger strike.

Ms. Liu Shaohua

One day in 2001, a male policeman pulled Liu Shaohua's hair and pushed her to the floor in the dining room. She was forced to sit on a metal torture chair for four days and nights while she was on a hunger strike. After being released from the torture chair, Ms. Liu was locked up in solitary confinement. In the biting cold winter, she was not allowed to get her winter clothes from her luggage. She was shivering cold and was forced to stand straight against the wall for seventeen to eighteen hours a day as punishment. Her feet were swollen and bleeding, so she could not wear her shoes. Ms. Liu was given only two meals a day, each consisting of only half a bowl of corn flour porridge. Ms. Liu became unable to stand any longer, so she sat down on the floor. Her hands were handcuffed to iron bars of the cell. However, no mater how brutal the torture, nothing could shake Dafa practitioners' determination to cultivate Falun Dafa and to maintain their righteous belief in Dafa.

Ms. Yu Minglan

On January 31, 2001 Yu Minglan was dragged away from the dining room by a male policeman. Another male policeman punched her and pushed her into the solitary confinement cell where she was forced to sit on the metal torture chair for four days and nights. She was not allowed to sleep while being tortured in solitary confinement. Ms. Yu was held there for seventeen days without any bedding or personal belongings.

Practitioners Ms. Zhang Shuqin, Ms. Cheng Wenting, Ms. Ma Lida, Ms. Jiang Lihua and Ms. Li Bingqing were locked in solitary compartments at the same time as Yu Minglan. Ms. Li Bingqing was kicked in the ribs by a male policeman causing part of her ribs to cave in. This caused Ms. Li great difficulty in breathing and she could hardly lie down due to the pain. The practitioners who had been locked in the solitary compartments suffered from torture of different degrees. Practitioners Liu Dongyun and Hu Jiyang from Team Three were also tortured.

Ms. Zhao Xiuling

On April 9, 2001 when her hunger strike entered the third day, Zhao Xiuling was force-fed with a rubber tube inserted through her nose. Before the force-feeding, the head of the hospital, Song X, slapped her on both sides of her face, and her face instantly became swollen. Song also kicked her in the groin causing it to swell for quite some time. On April 13, Lin Li punched and kicked Ms. Zhao while carrying out the force-feeding. Lin Li also used a pair of pliers to pinch her thighs until they were black and blue.

On May 27, prison guards Shen Liying, Liu Baibing and Ma Xiaoqian called in several male policemen to tie all the practitioners in the team to the headboards of the beds with their arms behind them, and seal their mouths with plastic tape for two hours. After that, the practitioners were all hung up for nearly twenty-four hours. Practitioner Ms. Na Ming lost consciousness due to being hung up. Ms. Sun Rui and Li Bingqing were hung by prison guards Shen Liying and Liu Baibing for twenty-four hours. Because they were tied up so tightly, the ropes cut into their flesh. One policeman beat Ms. Li Bingqing and used plastic tape to seal her mouth. Ms. Sun Rui's right shoulder became dislocated for more than two months as result of her being hung up.

On March 14, Ms. Sun Rui, Ms. Li Huiwen and Ms. Wen Yiling were tied to the central heating radiators in a half squat position for more than seven hours. This made Ms. Li Huiwen very sick and she vomited repeatedly.

On June 19, 2001, eighteen female practitioners, including Hu Xiuling, Su Yunxia, Tian Ying, Ma Chunying, Bian Yaping, Yan Shujie and Zhang Chunhua of Team Three North, were tied to the iron bars on the top of the bunk beds, with their feet off the floor and their mouths sealed with plastic tape.

Head of the Division, Lin X [given name not known], led Liu Baihai, Sun Ze and Chang Shumei to torture Dafa practitioners in Team Three North. Ms. Tian Ying was pressed to the floor for refusing to be tied up. The prison guards stood on top of her body for a long time. Many other practitioners vomited because of being hung up, including sixty-one-year-old Zhang Qinghua.

During the period of June 31 to July 10, Ms. Yang Xiaohong suffered from scabies but was beaten by the Wanjia Hospital doctor, Jiang Chao.

On July 15, when prison guards Yang Yan and Xu Lufang found practitioner Ms. Yang Xiaohong reading Teacher's new articles, they kicked and punched her and slapped her face. All the practitioners in Team Two North, including Tao Hongmei, Ma Jiying and Qin Guirong, were hung up from the ceiling because they had been studying the Fa [law and principles] and practicing the Falun Gong exercises. Division leader Wu X [given name not known] led policemen and policewomen including Liu Baihai, Mao Xiaoqian, and Zhang Zhihong in torturing the practitioners. They sealed the practitioners' mouths with plastic tape. Then they hung up the practitioners from six a.m. until 12 midnight. Ms. Tao Hongmei lost consciousness from being tied too tightly and hung up too high. She did not revive for a long time. Ms. Ma Jiying refused to be tied up. For that reason she was hung up, and her face and hands were scratched. As a result of being tied too tightly and too high, Ms. Ma was out of breath, perspired profusely and was in great pain. Dafa practitioner Ms. Qin Guirong was vomiting and needed to go to the toilet. Prison guard Xu Lufang refused her request. As a result she wet her trousers and then prison guard Qin Guirong slapped her face.

Practitioner Ms. Zhao Bixu refused to be tied up, so prison guard Ma Xiaoqian kicked her in the area of her heart. After that, Zhao Bixu was in too much pain to stand up for quite a long time.

Prison guard Ma Xiaoqian also slapped the faces of Dafa practitioners Ms. Kong Xiangping, Li Zengyun, Yu Shuxiang and practitioner Beiyan.

Dafa practitioners Ms. Ma Lida and Zhang Kemei suffered from inhuman torture. They were forced to squat down with both hands tied behind their backs for several hours. They were tortured for seventeen consecutive days. They were hung up with their arms behind their back. Twenty-two-year-old Ma Lida could not bear it any longer so she was forced to write the so-called "three statements" [practitioners are coerced under brainwashing and torture to write these as proof that they have given up their belief. Created by the "610 Office,"* the three statements consist of a letter of repentance, a guarantee to never again practice Falun Gong, and a list of names and addresses of all family members, friends and acquaintances who are practitioners]. She very much regretted doing that. However, she is still being tortured at the Wanjia Forced Labor Camp.

These details are just some of the incomplete information we have on the persecution of Falun Dafa practitioners at the Wanjia Forced labor Camp in 2001. We hope that other Dafa practitioners will contribute accounts of their experiences of being tortured.

* The "610 Office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.