Latest News from China - December 20, 2003
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Four Falun Dafa Practitioners are Unlawfully Sentenced to Prison
- [Yinchuan City, Ningxia Autonomous Region] Three Falun Dafa Practitioners are Unlawfully Sentenced to Prison
- [Hengyang City, Hunan Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Zhou Baoguo is Unlawfully Sentenced to Prison
- [Dehui City, Jilin Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Gather in Courtroom to Support Thirteen Fellow Practitioners Unlawfully Put on Trial
- [Jiutai City, Jilin Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Zhang Jinguang Thrown is into the "Strict Supervision Class" and Abused in the Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp
- [Qinghai Province] Leaders of Qinghai Minhe Magnesium Factory Persecute Numerous Employees Who Practice Falun Dafa
- [Baoding City, Hebei Province] Police Unlawfully Arrest Falun Dafa Practitioner Niu Dengfeng at an Internet Café
- [Chongqing] Yongchuan No. 2 Court Unlawfully Puts Falun Dafa Practitioners on Trial
- [Huludao City, Liaoning Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Huang Lihua is Unlawfully Deprived of Right to Teach Classes
- [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Elderly Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Liu Guiying is Abducted from a Hospital Bed by Police
- [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Wu Fengjuan from Jinzhou City is Unlawfully Taken to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Li Pingyu Forced to Become Homeless
- [Changsha City, Hunan Province] Police Brutally Beat Up Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Tan Xiangyu at the Changsha No. 3 Detention Center
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Liu Qingshui Unlawfully Held at the Taojialing Detention Center in Hanyang
- [Huanggang City, Hubei Province] Huanggang City "610 Office" Applies Pressure to Companies and Organizations
- [Jilin Province] High School Curricula Contents Defame Falun Dafa
- [Shahe City, Hebei Province] Shahe City Party Committee Coerces Students and Parents to Defame Falun Dafa
- [Huludao City, Liaoning Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Yu Min Unlawfully Taken to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp
- [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Security Division of the No. 2 Construction Company in Daqing City Extorts Money from Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Daqing Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Yang Xiuli Unlawfully Arrested for the Sixth Time
- [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Recent Persecution Events in the Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp
- [Jilin Province] Authorities Tighten Internet Access in Jilin Province
1. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Four Falun Dafa Practitioners are Unlawfully Sentenced to Prison
The Dongxihu District Court has secretly and unlawfully sentenced four Falun Dafa practitioners from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, to prison. The practitioners and the length of their terms are: Xu Jianjun, 13 years in prison; Yu Ganghai, 9 years; Xie Fengyi and Liu Shuisheng, 8 years each. These four practitioners have refused to sign the sentencing statements.
2. [Yinchuan City, Ningxia Autonomous Region] Three Falun Dafa Practitioners are Unlawfully Sentenced to Prison
Falun Dafa practitioners Li Shilin, Li Jinhua, and Zhu Lin from Yinchuan City, Ningxia, were unlawfully arrested in May 2003, for producing Falun Gong truth-clarifying materials. The site where these materials were stored was sabotaged. Recently these three practitioners have been unlawfully sentenced, receiving four-year and three-year prison terms. Li Jinhua is Li Shilin's younger sister. Earlier, Falun Dafa practitioners Sun Qianhui from Yinchuan City and Bai Bing from Lingwu City were also unlawfully sentenced to prison, for ten years and eight years respectively.
3. [Hengyang City, Hunan Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Zhou Baoguo is Unlawfully Sentenced to Prison
On March 11, 2003, the Hengyang City "610 Office" [an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems] arrested Falun Dafa practitioner Zhou Baoguo from Hengyang City for no reason. Zhou has since been unlawfully held in the Hengyang County Detention Center. It has been reported that after failing to extort money from Zhou's family, authorities within the detention center have secretly and unlawfully sentenced Zhou to eight years in jail.
4. [Dehui City, Jilin Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Gather in Courtroom to Support Thirteen Fellow Practitioners Unlawfully Put on Trial
On December 26, 2003, the Dehui City Court in Jilin Province unlawfully held a trial to sentence thirteen Falun Dafa practitioners to prison. Falun Dafa practitioners in Dehui City stepped forward and arrived at the courtroom. They sent righteous thoughts collectively to resist the evil.
Falun Dafa practitioners Sun Dawei and Zhang Xuedong rented a car to gather evidence of the court's persecution against Falun Dafa practitioners. Huang Junqing and others in the Patrolling Brigade of the Dehui Police Department spotted the two practitioners, followed them, and forcibly placed them under arrest. Mr. Sun escaped with righteous thoughts. Mr. Zhang was unlawfully arrested.
5. [Jiutai City, Jilin Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Zhang Jinguang Thrown into the "Strict Supervision Class" and Abused in the Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp
Currently Falun Dafa practitioner Zhang Jinguang is being held in the "strict supervision class" in the Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp in Jiutai City, Jilin Province, for his steadfast belief in Falun Dafa. Practitioners under "strict supervision" have all been subjected to extremely harsh conditions. Although their family members have paid the labor camp authority for visits, they have still been denied meetings with any practitioner under "strict supervision." Zhang's family has twice sent in winter clothes and other items, but the police have rejected everything from his family.
6. [Qinghai Province] Leaders of Qinghai Minhe Magnesium Factory Persecute Numerous Employees Who Practice Falun Dafa
Several officials in the Qinghai Minhe Magnesium Factory have actively cooperated with the county "610 Office" and the police department in persecuting Falun Dafa practitioners who firmly believe in Truthfulness-Benevolence-Forbearance. They have held brainwashing classes, withheld salary and living expenses, and suspended and fired practitioners. Some practitioners have been unlawfully detained, sent to a forced labor camp or prison, and their homes have been ransacked.
Zhao Hong in the factory's security division and Xing Jianguo, the factory's Party Secretary, openly curse Falun Dafa and practitioners. They have helped the "610 Office" and the police to unlawfully send Falun Dafa practitioners and factory workers Li Chongfeng and Bao Yuanjin to the forced labor camp. Since September 1999, they have withheld Falun Dafa practitioner Qu Shuyun's retirement salary each and every month without any justifying paperwork. Li Chongfeng's living expense has been withheld with no paperwork. Bao Yuanjin, Director of the Dynamics Branch Factory, was fired. Liu Hailing and Sun Lihong were suspended from work. Qu Shuyun was forced to stay away from her family and remain homeless, in order to avoid further persecution and harassment of her family.
Individuals in the Qinghai Minhe Magnesium Factory include: Wang Yuhui, Director; Xing Jianguo, Party Secretary; Zhao Hong, Head of the Security Division.
7. [Baoding City, Hebei Province] Police Unlawfully Arrest Falun Dafa Practitioner Niu Dengfeng at an Internet Café
On December 11, 2003, the police unlawfully arrested Falun Dafa practitioner Niu Dengfeng from Baoding City in an Internet Café.
8. [Chongqing] Yongchuan No. 2 Court Unlawfully Puts Falun Dafa Practitioners on Trial
At 9:00 AM on December 9, 2003, the Yongchuan No. 2 Court in Chongqing held an unlawful trial against five Falun Dafa practitioners, including Dai Dakui, Wang Yingxia, and Li Yufen.
9. [Huludao City, Liaoning Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Huang Lihua is Unlawfully Deprived of Right to Teach Classes
Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Huang Lihua is a teacher in the Suizhong County Experimental Elementary School in Huludao City, Liaoning Province. Students informed the authorities that she clarified the facts of the persecution against Falun Gong. The Political Judiciary Committee is trying to apply pressure on school leaders through the Education Committee. The school leaders still ask her to show up but assign no classes to her. Instead other teachers and her husband have been asked to monitor her.
Below is a list of individuals who are in charge of this case.
Liu Zhongli, Party Secretary of the Political Judiciary Committee:
86-13909897877 (cellular), 86-429-6123401 (Office of the People's Congress, as
Liu is also the chairperson of the People's Congress), 86-429-6122042 (home).
Shang Ergui, Deputy Party Secretary of the Political Judiciary Committee: 86-13130960038 (cellular), 86-429-6131710 (office).
Wang Limin, Deputy Chief of the Police Department: 86-13842917169 (cellular), 86-429-6127518 (office), 86-429-6128682 (home).
Wang Wenjiang, member of the Political Judiciary Committee: 86-13700196429 (cellular), 86-429-6123235 (office).
Zhao Weigang, Director of the Education Committee: 86-429-6123793 (office), 86-429-6181600 (home), 86-13804294600 (cellular).
Chen Zhigang and She Wei, staff at the Office of the Education Committee: 86-429-6134391 (office).
Li Changhua, Head of Political Security Brigade: 86-13700196626 (cellular), 86-429-6122876 (office).
10. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Elderly Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Liu Guiying is Abducted from a Hospital Bed by Police
Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Liu Guiying is from Changchun City, Jilin Province. She is close to 70 years old and had been hospitalized for several days because of heart problems. One day in March 2002, her children left her side briefly to prepare meals for her. Law enforcement officers abducted her from her hospital bed. During the twenty or so days she was unlawfully kept in the detention center, she was severely abused and denied any visits from her family.
11. [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Wu Fengjuan from Jinzhou City is Unlawfully Taken to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp
In May 2003, Liu Xiangjun, head of the Jiudaoling Police Station in Yi County, Jinzhou City, led other officers, including Liu Changcheng and Zhang Chunfeng, plus the head of Xiagou Village to break into the home of Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Wu Fengjuan. They forcibly took Ms. Wu to the Yi County Detention Center and then transferred her to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. Her school-age child has been left unattended, as well as over 20 mu [1 mu being equivalent to 0.1647 acres] of farmland.
12. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Li Pingyu Forced to Become Homeless
Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Li Pingyu is from Wuhan City, Hubei Province. Her address is Room 104, Building17, No. 49 Jiefang Park Road, Hankou, Wuhan. Former practitioner Cao Dexiu, who stopped practicing Dafa [due to torture and brainwashing], and instead collaborated with the police to persecute Falun Dafa practitioners by turning her in. The police made several attempts to arrest her. Ms. Li was thus forced to leave home and move from place to place for several months. Her elderly mother has been left unattended and sent to a nursing home. Unfortunately, her mother has difficulty moving around and cannot be taken care of very well in the nursing home. Ms. Li Pingyu had been thinking about taking her mother back home, but the Deputy Head of the Laodong Street Police Station Li Yulin, in order to gain political favors and personal gains from higher authorities, has insisted that Ms. Li will be arrested if she returns home.
13. [Changsha City, Hunan Province] Police Brutally Beat Up Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Tan Xiangyu at the Changsha No. 3 Detention Center
In the evening hours of August 22, 2003, Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Tan Xiangyu was unlawfully abducted by officers from the Tianxin Branch of the Changsha Police Department in Hunan Province. The police refused to let her family members visit her, and the clothes brought in by her daughter on several occasions were all sent back. According to sources within the police department, Ms. Tan has been held in the Changsha No. 3 Detention Center, where she suffered from inhumane police brutality. It is not clear if she is still alive.
14. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Liu Qingshui Unlawfully Held at the Taojialing Detention Center in Hanyang
In the morning hours of Monday, November 24, 2003, Falun Dafa practitioner Liu Qingshui was unlawfully arrested at a job fair sponsored by the Wuhan City Tap Water Company. Officers sent by the Hanyang Procuratorate carried out the arrest. Liu Qingshui is now being held in the Taojialing Detention Center in Hanyang.
15. [Huanggang City, Hubei Province] Huanggang City "610 Office" Applies Pressure to Companies and Organizations
After receiving a brainwashing quota from the provincial "610 Office," the Huanggang City "610 Office" in Hubei Province has ordered the abductions of any Falun Dafa practitioners who have shown outstanding performance in various companies and organizations. Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Xiong Xiulian is one of these victims. Each company or organization where practitioners have been arrested has to contribute 6,000 yuan to the brainwashing center [500 yuan is the average monthly income for an urban worker]. Because of widespread corruption, many factories in the Huanggang area are on the verge of bankruptcy. Under pressure by the Huanggang City "610 Office" for the company either to pay 6,000 yuan to the provincial brainwashing center or to have the practitioner sign the transformation statement [renouncing Falun Gong], leaders of many companies are infuriated. But they dare not speak out against the "610 Office" and have been harassing Falun Dafa practitioners instead. Most companies cannot afford to pay out 6,000 yuan, and their leaders have repeatedly begged practitioners to sign the transformation statements. When practitioners refused to comply, the leaders forged signatures in front of practitioners. Some companies have threatened practitioners with suspension of salary or termination if they refuse to sign transformation statements. Some leaders know that they cannot force practitioners to sign the statements, so they simply make a phone call to make sure the practitioner is at home and then go ahead and date the statement with a forged signature.
16. [Jilin Province] High School Curricula Contents Defame Falun Dafa
The experimental textbook Aesthetics, part of the "tenth five-year" education and science plan, has contents defaming Falun Dafa on page 37 of Chapter 3 and page 177 of Chapter 9. Also on page 187, in the first paragraph of Chapter 11, a long section using slanderous words distorts facts in order to attack Falun Dafa. The textbook has been used by various middle schools across Jilin Province.
The chief editor of the textbook is Zhu Daming, and the deputy chief editor is Cui Lianyi. Principals of middle schools in various districts are on the editorial staff.
17. [Shahe City, Hebei Province] Shahe City Party Committee Coerces Students and Parents to Defame Falun Dafa
Recently the Shahe City Party Committee called for a meeting and issued a notice defaming Falun Dafa and its founder. All elementary and middle school students have been ordered to take the notice home for their own signatures, as well as those of their parents. Many people have been poisoned by the contents.
The telephone numbers of responsible organizations are listed below.
The Shahe City "610 Office:" 86-319-2921610.
The Propaganda Department of Shahe City: 86-319-2921260.
The Reporting Section of the Propaganda Department: 86-319-2921267.
18. [Huludao City, Liaoning Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Yu Min Unlawfully Taken to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp
Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Yu Min, 40, is an employee of the Huludao Textile Factory. She suffered from breast cancer prior to practicing Falun Gong. Despite all sorts of treatments, she was not able to recover. After practicing Falun Dafa, she has set high standards based on the principle of Truthfulness-Benevolence-Forbearance, and the illness is completely gone. In order to validate the effectiveness of Falun Gong in keeping people fit and to expose the lies spread by news media in China, Ms. Yu has continued to tell people around her about the magnificence of Falun Dafa. Facing the threat of arrest, she has continued to deliver materials that clarify the facts about Falun Gong.
On November 27, 2003, Liu Xingcheng and numerous other officers from the Lianshan District Branch of the Huludao City Police Department unlawfully searched Ms. Yu's home. She was unlawfully taken to the Huludao Detention Center and has recently been transferred to the notorious Masanjia Forced Labor Camp in Shenyang City, Liaoning Province.
19. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Security Division of the No. 2 Construction Company in Daqing City Extorts Money from Falun Dafa Practitioners
Zhang Zhongyi was the former head of the security division in the Zhu'an Construction Group Company in Daqing, Heilongjiang Province. At the beginning of 2001, he led Zhang Dejun, deputy head of the security division, Liu Hongliang and other division staff to extort 10,000 yuan from each of the families of six Falun Dafa practitioners employed in the company. These six practitioners had gone to Beijing to appeal on behalf of Falun Gong and had already been unlawfully detained for over eighty days of abuse and torture. The construction company subsequently went bankrupt, and the practitioners have not received any salary for years. They went to the leaders to ask for a total of 60,000 yuan in back pay. The leaders either made up excuses or rejected their request outright, as there was no paper trail when they extorted cash from the practitioners' families.
The telephone number of the office of the head of the Security Division in the Construction Group Company is: 86-459-6557637.
20. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Daqing Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Yang Xiuli Unlawfully Arrested for the Sixth Time
Early in December 2003, Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Yang Xiuli was unlawfully taken away from her home by officers from the Wolitun Police Station in Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province. Further details are not yet available.
Note: Ms. Yang Xiuli is a survivor of the June 20th Tragedy, which took place in the Wanjia Forced Labor Camp in Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province.
For more details on the June 20th Tragedy, please see http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2001/7/4/11888.html
21. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Recent Persecution Events in the Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp
1. On the morning of December 2, 2003, it was learned that several so-called experts arrived from Beijing. These experts are to be stationed in the Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City, Jilin Province, to supervise the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners in the labor camp.
2. Around 9:00 AM in the No. 2 Cooking Brigade in the Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp, police officer Wang Haibin whipped Falun Dafa practitioners Li Wei, Wu Changqing, and Sun Fu on their heads. Mr. Wu is over 50 years old, and he was beaten to the point of losing consciousness. In addition, blood gushed out of a wound on Mr. Sun Fu's head.
3. Forty yuan have been extorted from each Falun Gong practitioner to buy "prop" luggage. Practitioner Li Wei has been forced to pay for four other inmates, totaling 160 yuan. [Note: The "prop" luggage is not to be used by anyone except when television crews are on site producing programs and contain items such as toiletries, blankets and other necessities in order to create an illusion that the practitioner is being detained under humane circumstances.]
22. [Jilin Province] Authorities Tighten Internet Access in Jilin Province
Recently, several practitioners have discovered that officers from police stations are screening technical people who are good at personal computers and networking. Authorities have also sent people to certain highway exit checkpoints to examine notebook computers. A while back, police in the Changchun New High-Tech Development Zone unlawfully arrested over twenty Falun Dafa practitioners, who had received higher education and are knowledgeable in computer technology, to be persecuted.
Recently, the Internet information blockade has escalated. Practitioners at some sites where Falun Gong information is held have encountered difficulty in promptly uploading documents exposing the evil persecution to the Minghui website.