The Persecution of Dafa Practitioners in Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp, Jilin Province
(Clearwisdom.net) The Chaoyanggou Labor Camp, Jilin Province, gathered a group of steadfast Dafa disciples from other labor camps together to persecute them in one place. Recently, Wang Yanwei, the director of the labor camp, handed the practitioners who had finished their terms back to their local police or "610 Office"*. If they did not accept the practitioners, he did not release them. It was reported that this policy was drawn up by the labor camp and the Changchun City "610 Office". After the practitioners finished their forced labor terms, they were sent to local "610 Office," and then sent to the local brainwashing class again.
Here, we would like to expose several cases of persecution in Chaoyanggou Labor Camp.
- Mr. Mao released balloons that promoted Dafa on October 27, 1999. He is currently being detained in Chaoyanggou Labor Camp. He was beaten on his legs by the police until he could not walk and has not yet recovered. He now has to rely on others to get around, even for simple things such as going to the rest room.
- Dafa practitioner Zhao Jingtai from Changchun was sentenced to forced labor for one year and was not released when his sentence expired. After Chaoyanggou Labor Camp extorted 2,000 Yuan** from his family, he was released.
- Dafa practitioner Tong Yinhua from Nongan is still being detained even though his sentence expired more than a month ago. It was because his local police station did not accept him.
- Dafa practitioner Sun Xianming's arms were beaten and injured severely, but the labor camp did not send him to a hospital. He was released on bail for medical treatment only after it was clear that he was disabled. The person mainly responsible is the instructor of the second brigade, Zhu Shenglin. The person who authorized Zhu's actions is the education section chief, Gao Zhilu.
- Chaoyanggou Labor Camp held Dafa practitioner Mr. Huang, who had a serious liver disease. The labor camp did not treat him or release him, and only let him go when he was critically ill. Several days later, Mr. Huang passed away.
*The 610 Office is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political or judicial systems.
**Yuan is the Chinese currency. The average monthly salary of an urban worker in China is 500 Yuan.