Mr. Zhang Baoxing, born in June 1950, lived in the 8th group of Chengzi Town in Jiujiang County, Jiangxi Province. He and his wife Deng Liandi both practiced Falun Gong.

Zhang Baoxing and his wife were both in poor health and had often been sick. In 1994, Zhang Baoxing attended the 9-day lectures given by Teacher in Hefei City and Guangzhou City successively. After practicing Falun Gong, he has benefited both physically and spiritually. Many people in the town said that Zhang Baoxing had completely changed.

Zhang's wife Deng Liandi had kidney stones, and the hospital said it needed ten thousand Yuan for the operation and other treatment, together with a nurse taking care of her for one year. There's no way a farmer's family could afford it. Yet when Deng Liandi also started practicing Dafa in 1998, her kidney stones disappeared and she became healthy, able to do a farmer's chores again.

After July of 1999, Jiang's regime started arresting practitioners and ransacking their homes. In the end of 1999, Zhang Baoxing went to Beijing to appeal for Dafa. He was arrested and sent back to Jiujiang County's Detention Center. He was released after two weeks.

At about 9 p.m. in July 2000, several people from the town government and police station suddenly came and took the couple to the County's Detention Center, leaving farm work necessary for their survival unfinished. After they were detained for more than twenty days, Deng Liandi went on a hunger strike. The officers in the detention center tied her to a ladder, force-fed her with a thick pipe and high-density salt water (a 6-pound bag of salt in a small bucket of water). Later they were released, but the town government and police station frequently came to search their home and make trouble.

On December 25, 2000, Zhang Baoxing, together with his eldest daughter, went to Beijing to appeal again. They were arrested and detained in Jiujiang County's Detention Center, suffering beatings and other forms of persecution there. Zhang Baoxing went on a hunger strike to demand his unconditional release. As a result, the guards intensified their persecution and force-fed him, resulting in Baoxing's death on January 5, 2001. His wife was never allowed to see his body. According to people who saw his body, there were bruises on his back and buttocks, and his right eye was injured as well.

Mr. Zhang Baoxing left behind four children and his wife. His eldest daughter was forced to get married too early in order to survive. His other two daughters (one age 16, and another age 14) were forced to leave school and do odd jobs to help the family carry on.

[Note: report on Zhang before can be found at http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2001/7/5/11928.html]