Atrocities in Zhangshu City Detention Center: 71 Year Old Woman Tortured to Death; Another Practitioner Force-Fed with a Sharpened Bamboo Feeding Tube
(Clearwisdom.net) The following is a partial account of atrocities that lawless persons from Zhangshu City, Jiangxi Province committed by brutally persecuting Falun Dafa practitioners:
1. Ms. Luu Sanxu, 51, a laid-off worker, lived close to the Zhangshu City Museum. She has been detained since she was arrested when she went to Beijing to validate Dafa and clarify the truth in October 1999. After she was illegally detained for three years in Nanchang City's Xinjian Female Labor Camp, her term was extended for another three years because she refused to give up her cultivation in Dafa. She is currently detained in Nanchang City's Female Drug Rehabilitation Center.
2. Ms. Liao Haimei, 52, a nurse from Zhangshu City People's Hospital, was detained in a cell that is less than five square meters in Zhangshu City Detention Center. She had to sleep, eat, and wash, and do everything on the bed. In July 2002, she staged a hunger strike to protest the persecution. She refused to eat or drink for 18 days. She lay down on her back, and her body became swollen from mosquito bites. One of her hands was cuffed to one side of the bed, and the other hand to the other side. She could not move at all and even had to relieve herself on the bed. She was locked up this way for 18 days and nights. Furthermore, one force-feeding tube that was inserted through her nose was left in continually as a means of torture. Liao was very determined and did not yield. The vicious persons had no way to make her give in, so Liao was released after 18 days of the hunger strike.
After Liao went back home she again went to Beijing to clarify the truth, and was again arrested and sent back to Zhangshu City Detention Center. She did not cooperate with the evildoers. She held a hunger strike for 15 days, during which she drank not even a single drop of water. The police inserted a sharpened bamboo tube into her mouth. Several inmates pushed her down to the ground and force-fed her with a rice gruel that was mixed with a large amount of salt. Her face became black and blue, and the bamboo tube punctured the inside of her mouth. Later, the police were no longer able get anything into her during force-feeding. They then sent her to Nanchang City's Female Drug Rehabilitation Center. The physical examination revealed that she suffered from cardiac problems and high blood pressure measuring over 200 mmHg. Then was she released and allowed to go home. Later she was arrested again for clarifying the truth and sent to the Zhangshu City Detention Center. The police wanted to sentence her to prison.
3. The detention center has been using brutal means to persecute Dafa practitioners. For example, the force-feeding made Ms. Nie Meizhen stop breathing, and only then did the police become scared and stop. But when the police saw that she regained consciousness they resumed the force-feeding.
4. Other practitioners who were tortured as such were female Dafa practitioners Luu Sanxiu, Gao Xiaoping, and Fu Xiaoyuan.
5. Ms. Tang Jinmei, 71, is a Dafa practitioner from the Shatianli district in Zhangshu City. She went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and to clarify the truth. After that she was illegally detained in Zhangshu City Detention Center for over seven months. The police said during the interrogation, "You will be allowed to go home if you stop practicing Falun Gong." This older woman said she would continue her cultivation. The police then said that they would let her die in the detention center.
Ms. Tang was always very determined in her belief. Later she was released after the police extorted 3,000 Yuan* from her family. In 2001, she was detained for over three months in the so-called transformation center, actually a brainwashing center, in Zhangshu City. During that period she had to endure "military training." The torture made the over 70-year-old Ms. Tang vomit a large amount of blood. Seeing she was on the verge of death, the officials were afraid of being held responsible, and the brainwashing center released her to her home. She died during the first month of the Lunar year calendar (between February to March in 2002) shortly after being sent home.
6. Seventeen Zhangshu City Dafa practitioners were illegally sentenced to labor camps, and five were sentenced to terms of three years in prison. The following Dafa practitioners we know are still being detained:
Ms. Liao Haimei, detained in Zhangshu City Detention Center
Mr. Zeng Zitu, Mr. Zhou Weiguo, and Mr. Deng Liuzi, all detained in Gao'an City's Bajing Labor Camp
Ms. Huang Xiaozhen, Ms. Fu Xiaoyuan, Ms. Luu Sanxiu, detained in Nanchang City's Female Drug Rehabilitation Center
Ms. Gong Xinping, detained in Nanchang City's Xinjian Female Labor Camp
Ms. Li Meizhen, detained in an unknown place
Phone numbers of Zhangshu City's Political and Judiciary Committee, Detention Center, and others:
Zhangshu City Political and Judiciary Committee (shared with the "610 Office")**: 86-795-7333915
Office for the Zhangshu City Party Committee: 86-795- 7343681
Zhangshu City Detention Center: 86-795-7332841
Political and Security Office for the Zhangshu City Police Department: 86-795-734-4142 Ext.0 (The chief's last name is Xu)
Wujiaxiang Office: 86-795-7332392
* Yuan is the Chinese currency. 500 Yuan is the average monthly income for an urban worker in China.
** The "610 Office" is an agency specifically established to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.