(Clearwisdom.net) Zou Songtao, male, was born on April 8, 1972. Early in November of 2000, he was tortured to death in Wangcun Forced Labor Camp, Shangdong Province. He graduated from Marine University of Qingdao and obtained his master's degree in Marine Biology. Because he practiced Falun Gong, he was prohibited from looking for a job. At the end of 1999, he was arrested immediately in Qingdao after his appeal in Beijing. He was illegally detained for a month, and after that, he was detained countless times. Once, he was handcuffed and forced to sit on an iron chair by Gong Guoquan, the supervisor of Taixi Police Station, Qingdao City. Police hit his head and face with the sole of a boot. He was hit so hard that his face was swollen beyond recognition; his head was also swollen and his body was covered with blood. In July 2000, police tricked him into going to the Qingdao Police Station and then delivered him to the Dashan Forced Labor Camp, Qingdao City. At the end of September 2000, he was secretly transferred to the notorious Wangcun Forced Labor Camp, Zibo City, Shangdong Province. On the morning of November 3, 2000, policemen Zheng Wanxin, Shao Zhenghua and a few others forced Zou Songtao into an interrogation room where, after over two hours of torture, at 11:30am, Zou Songtao died. He was only 28 years old

Zhang Yunhe, wife of Zou Songtao, was born on November 2, 1973. Because of her belief in Falun Gong, the police harassed her and forced her to resign from her company (a Swiss company in Qingdao) as the chief accountant. After Zou Songtao was killed, Zhang Yunhe wrote letters of appeal to the Shangdong Court and the Procurator's Office accusing Wangcun Labor Camp of killing Zou Songtao. For this, she was monitored by the government. On May 2001, to avoid being further persecuted, Zhang Yunhe had to leave home. No one knew where she was for some time, but now it is believed she is being detained in the Dashan Forced Labor Camp, Qingdao City. The authorities will not allow family members to visit her.