The Persecution of Dafa Practitioners in Fuyu County of Heilongjiang Province
February 24th, 2002
Since July 20, 2002, policemen in Heilongjiang Province Fuyu county police bureau have been ambushing, deceiving, ransacking homes and using many other deceptive methods in order to detain and persecute Falun Gong practitioners. Please take a look at the following facts:
- Illegally arrested Falun Gong practitioners and sentenced them to a so-called "Education by law class" in order to enforce brainwashing and putting them under surveillance 24 hours a day. Under such conditions, Falun Gong practitioners lost their freedom.
- Sent the so-called "backbone" practitioners to mental hospitals and tortured them using psychotropic drugs.
- Illegally detained Falun Gong practitioners. Some practitioners were locked up in iron cages for a few days and nights at a time and interrogated on a non-stop basis without being given breaks. Some were detained in single cells for over 10 days. Some were made to wear fetters that were only used on death penalty criminals, causing their feet and ankles to bleed profusely. Some male practitioners were stripped naked and brutally beaten. With their boots, the policemen stepped on practitioner's toes one by one, causing severe pain. Over 10 policemen, taking turns using electric shock batons, beat up some practitioners. Other practitioners were also brutalized via the "getting on an airplane" method of torture (one cannot sit, nor stand, only place both knees down, with two arms forced wide open). Under these means, practitioners were beaten unmercifully.
- Illegally ransacked practitioners' homes. Zhang Xilin (in charge of the Erdaowan police station) who just transferred into the county police station, led other policemen in ransacking a practitioner's home three times without a search warrant. Each time they stole some of the practitioner's belongings. This practitioner is poor and doesn't have anything valuable at home, so they took away scissors, tongs and bags, etc. These policemen proved to be no different than common bandits.
Heilongjiang Province, Fuyu County, Erdaowan Town officials severely violated the human rights of Falun Gong practitioners and constitutional law by torturing innocent Falun Gong practitioners mentally and by issuing economic punishments. Please take a look at the following facts:
- Detaining Male and Female Practitioners Together
- Torturing Women and Children
- Using Food and Water as Blackmail
Local government official Bai Jinzhe and police station head Zhang Xilin are the people in charge of all persecution. On the last day of year 2000, they asked practitioners to go to the police station just for a short while. Upon arrival, the practitioners were quickly detained. 5 males and 16 females were detained in a store, run by a government official Yu Hongjun, of less than 20 square meters. These male and female practitioners were detained together for over 70 days.
Among those practitioners who were detained, one is a woman who is 6 months pregnant and a young girl no more than 13 years of age. There were fewer beds than people; 21 male and females had only 7 single beds. As the beds were attached to each other, one person had to squeeze next to another person. In such positions, nobody could sleep, and they could only sit down or squeeze together with only part of their bodies touching the bed. Due to these poor conditions, the pregnant woman had a miscarriage. As she was wailing in pain from the extreme pain in her abdomen, when the police station head Zhang Xilin was told, he pretended as if he heard nothing and continued his card game with the other officers at the table. The young girl was later able to escape.
There were many practitioners far away from their homes, and the local government didn't care about feeding them, so they had to rely on a couple of local practitioners to send them food. After a while, with such a mental burden, their elderly parents became sick at home, as these practitioners were now unable to cook and send their parents food. Local practitioners wanted to go home and cook for their families, but they were instead dragged back by the head of the police station Zhang Xilin. He said, "As long as you are going to die of hunger, then don't eat." Bai Jinzhe said: "Wherever you want to go to sue us, go ahead. If you don't comply with us, you will be taken away to the police station." Practitioners had to eat corn flour with water, and everyone had to pay 50 Yuan [Chinese currency, the monthly salary for an average Chinese urban worker is about 500 Yuan] as an accommodation fee.
We hope people with compassion around the world with help to stop the evil persecution of Falun Gong.