A Few Examples of the Persecution of Practitioners Studying at Qinghua University
March 04, 2002
- Mr. Huang Kui: Accepted by Qinghua (Tsinghua) University, waiving the entrance exam to graduate school for a Ph.D. degree. He graduated as the most excellent student from the Department of Precision Instruments. The honor is given to only one, the most excellent student graduating from each department. For his practice of Falun Gong, Mr. Huang has been detained for one year under the fabricated charge of subversion. He is facing severe sentencing at this time.
- Mr. Meng Jun: Graduated from the Department of Electronics, Class of 1991, and obtained his M.S. degree in 1999. He worked at Qinghua University as an instructor. Mr. Meng has been illegally sentenced to serve a 10-year term in jail for practicing Falun Gong.
- Ms. Yao Yue: Was a graduate student with the Class of 1996, Research Institute of Electronics. She was an honored graduate student of Beijing for her Bachelor's degree. Refusing to give in to coercion to give up her practice of Falun Gong, Ms. Yao was sentenced to 12 years in jail.
- Mr. Lin Yang: Graduated from the Department of Hydropower, Class of 1994, and has received many scholarship awards. His excellence in study and behavior led to his admittance to the graduate school of Qinghua University without an entrance exam. Due to his practicing Falun Gong, Mr. Lin was forced to drop out of school. He has been illegally detained for one year for the fabricated charge of "subversion" and is facing an even more severe sentence.
- Mr. Zhang Zhigang: Graduated from the Department of Hydropower, Class of 1994. His excellence in study and in behavior led to an invitation to attend the graduate school of Qinghua University without an entrance exam. Due to his belief in Falun Gong, Mr. Zhang was expelled from the school. He has been arbitrarily detained twice.