[Beijing] Police in Xuanwu District Detention Center Viciously Torture Falun Gong Practitioners

I went to Beijing Tiananmen Square to appeal last October. I was caught and detained in Xuanwu District Detention Center. The wardens in the center are inhuman. They cruelly tortured practitioners who would not give their names and addresses. The vicious police forced female practitioners to lie on a piece of wooden board and put another board on top of their abdomens. Four policemen forcefully stepped on the top of the upper board , thus damaging their internal organs and making them bleed and pass water. An unmarried girl still refused to give out her address after being tortured into a coma. When she recovered, four policemen stripped her, took off their own clothes and threatened to rape her. She only prevented the rape by giving her name and address.

We hope that international human rights organizations can support the appeal of Falun Dafa practitioners to stop Jiang Zemin and his accomplices from persecuting Dafa practitioners.

[Hebei Province] The Voice of Universe Shocks the Earth in a Central Province

At 10 PM on March 28, 2001, over 40 loudspeakers broadcast a Falun Dafa Radio Station simultaneously. It was heard in detention centers, residential areas, downtown and in government buildings in Handan City, Shahe City and Xingtai City, frightening the vicious police who were in charge of Falun Gong issues. According to information from an insider, when the speakers outside of government buildings started broadcasting, the police, in response to the emergency, hurried there to check. Not one of them dared to step close. They did not take down the speakers until the next morning.

[Harbin, Heilongjiang Province] About 300 Practitioners in Wanjia Forced Labor Camp Have Been on a Collective Hunger Strike For 6 Days

About 300 practitioners in Wanjia Labor Camp in Harbin started a collective hunger strike on March 29, to request their release without a guilty charge. The hunger strike is in its sixth day. The practitioners are in critical condition. The camp is blocking all news and does not allow any relatives to visit. One family member of a practitioner asked a police guard why the practitioners are not allowed visitors. The policeman said, "We do want to punish kind people and praise vicious people!!!"

Telephone No. of Shi XX, the director of Wanjia Labor Camp: 86-451-4101454.

[Beijing] Disclosure of One of the Lies in the Persecution of Falun Gong

My wife and I took a business trip to Beijing on August 27, 1999. As we stepped off the train, we saw a crowd gathering. One of the crowd members explained that the police had just caught a thief. I stepped forward to ask one of the crowd, "Where is the thief?" He replied, "The thief was released. The policeman suggested to the thief, 'Shout out that you are a Falun Gong practitioner and that you began stealing after you became a Falun Gong practitioner. Say this loudly twice. Then I will release you.' The thief did so and was released." The man then shook his head and said, "Nowadays, whenever bad things happen, Falun Gong is blamed."

A Traveler

[Harbin, Heilongjiang Province] Please Help Release Falun Dafa Practitioner Han Songwei and Let Him Continue His Study

Han Songwei is a Ph. D. student in Harbin Industrial University. In the evening on December 28, 2000 (Lunar calendar, January 22, 2001 in Western calendar), he was arrested at Longsha District together with a fellow practitioner Li Xinya.

Han is an outstanding student and has the highest moral character. When his schoolmates heard the news of his arrest, they were outraged by the injustice of it. They said that he is innocent and that the government is outrageous.

After his arrest, police did not notify his family. His parents looked for him everywhere. They did not know that he was detained in the No. 2 Detention Center in Harbin until finally someone who knew what happened notified them. On March 14, 2001, they finally met with their son. When Han was arrested, police tortured him and his arms were seriously damaged.

Before this arrest, Han Songwei was detained in detention centers twice. The first detention was on April 20, 2000, when he tried to go to Beijing to appeal. Police recognized him and detained him in the Nangang Police Station for 21 days. The second detention occurred when he accessed the Internet to read news about Dafa. A person from the Safeguard Office at the university saw and reported him to the Nangang Police. The police deceived him by asking him to bring some information to the police station. He was detained for 50 days and was released when his parents posted bail.

[Guangzhou, Guangdong Province] One Falun Dafa Practitioner Arrested and Four others Missing from a Research Institute

Falun Dafa practitioners in all departments or units of Gongdong Provincial Government are forced to attend a "Transformation class" which lasts for 12 days per term. Those practitioners who are not "reformed" are forced to attend the class again. The practitioners who refuse to stop practicing Falun Gong after three months are sent to Sanshui Forced Labor Camp.

The departments or units of Gongzhou City Government force practitioners to pay a deposit of 10,000 RMB Yuan [Approximately two years' total salary of an average urban worker] before attending the "Transformation class".

On April 1, Falun Dafa practitioner Shen Jian, a retired senior engineer in an institute in Guangzhou, went to talk to the director of the institute accompanied by his daughter and son-in-law. The next day over 20 policemen took him away from his home in public. Four other practitioners were forced to leave home. Several practitioners at the institute had been to Beijing to appeal around the New Year's Day this year. After they were escorted back, the institute stopped paying their salaries and limited their physical freedom. Police from Tianhe Police Station and Shahe sub-station also ransacked their homes many times.

People have heard that higher-level authorities have given each department the target of "Transformation". Any director of a department whose employee goes to Beijing to appeal in the future will be punished severely.

[Shulan, Jilin Province] Accounts of Persecution Against Falun Gong Practitioners

On January 2, 2001, the local police station and town government betrayed Falun Gong practitioners Gong Lixiang, Zhang Shuchun, and Fang Taijin of Baiqi Town, Shulan City, Jilin Province, and practitioner Zhang Jinguang of Liangjiashan Township, while the practitioners were working at home. The police took them into detention and forced them to write a statement declaring that they would break away from Falun Gong. They were also forced to pay a deposit of 2,000 RMB Yuan [Approximately one whole year's income for an average rural worker]. These practitioners were illegally detained for 7 days and released only after they went on a hunger strike.

The Dafa practitioners Li Keju and Wang Lesong, instructors from No.2 Vocational High School of Shulan City were illegally detained. There were another 15 Dafa practitioners in the detention center who were also illegally arrested at home. Later, all 17 of them began a hunger strike and would not give in to the vicious police. Their actions validated and promoted Dafa. They were all finally released.

[Changchun, Jilin Province] Changchun Labor Camp Deprives Falun Gong Practitioners of Basic Human Rights

The prison guards of Changchun Labor Camp had no humanity. On a scorching summer day in June 2000, prisoner guard Hou of the No.6 brigade was on night duty. She held an electric baton and forbid Falun Gong practitioners from going to the restroom. One practitioner lost control; with her whole body trembling, and wet her trousers. Hou then allowed them to use the washbasins to urinate. The practitioners had been deprived of all basic living rights. They were forced to work 16 to 17 hours every day and, in addition, donate money.

[Beijing] Jilin Liaison Office in Beijing Violates the Law While Executing It

The personnel of Jilin Liaison Office in Beijing illegally collected money from Falun Gong practitioners and searched their bodies for more while escorting them into detention. Each practitioner was made to pay 100 RMB Yuan for a phone call and 20 RMB Yuan for the daily living cost. The office withheld their remaining cash and personal materials without conditions. The local police took the cash back to Jilin Province, embezzling the money for themselves, and wrote fake receipts. The police violate the law while executing it.

Anyone, if they are practicing Falun Gong, will be arrested and imprisoned indefinitely or sent to a labor camp. They will not be released until they pay a high amount of money for "deposit".

[Mianyang, Sichuan Province] Sham Model: Xinhua Male Forced Labor Camp Of Jinyang City

Xinhua Male Labor Camp located in Mianyang City, Sichuan province is regarded as a "civilized" model for labor camp management. However, its cruel dark truths are covered up and the compelled suicide incidents from the intensive labor and cruel torture by the prison guards are not known to the outside world.

Based on the articles of labor education regulations stipulated by the Chinese Government (the illegality of the labor education system is not discussed here), the prisoners should not work over 6 hours per day, meanwhile they should learn skills and receive an education. However, this regulation is never carried out in any labor camp in China. The situation is even worse in Xinhua Labor Camp. The camp detains over 100 Dafa practitioners. They are forced to do intensive physical labor.

All the "Guarantee Letters", "Summary Reports" and other documents that the camp declared to the outside world, claiming they were from Dafa practitioners, were forged. Dafa practitioners are treated even worse compared with other prisoners. No prisoners have ever been given time to participate in learning activities. They are allowed to do only one thing, highly intensive physical labor, thereby earning more money for the labor camp. One prisoner could not bear the long time and highly intensive labor, and was compelled to commit suicide.

The "special Anti-violence Police Brigade" is the most vicious and cruel police guard group in the camp. The brigade leader is Li Xinshu. The persons in charge are Xu Gang (the director of the labor camp), and Nian XX (or Yan XX, the vice-director of the labor camp). The Brigade was set up at the end of January 2000.

Since its establishment, the group has committed many tortures and cruel actions, especially against Dafa practitioners.

1. In February 2001, He XX , the director of the No. 6 group in No. 4 Team ordered other prisoners to tie up Falun Dafa practitioner Zhang Zhengjun. Then he commenced to shock Zhang with an electric baton. Falun Dafa practitioner Wei Lang in the No. 6 group reported the matter to administrators of the camp, but was refused without being given a reason. He was told that upper authorities will never know the real situation of the camp. The "Anti-violence Police" then brutally beat and shocked Wei with electric batons, and detained him alone for 7 days. 2. On March 6, 2001, the camp forced Dafa practitioners to sign for the so-called "Against XX" activity slandering Falun Dafa. Practitioner Huang Linchuan stood up and, speaking out the truth of Falun Dafa, told all prisoners on site that "Falun Dafa Is Good." Immediately police Li Xinshu stripped Huang to torture him and shocked him with a high-voltage electric baton. The police used ropes to tie him up so tightly that they cut into his flesh. Since then both of his arms have become numb. At the same time, the vicious police tortured Wang Zhangkun and another Falun Dafa practitioner with the same means.

3. In the morning of March 13, 2001, the "Anti-violence Police" tortured and electrically shocked a senior Falun Dafa practitioner in the No. 2 Division, who protested the vicious persecution by refusing to work.

4. The camp director Xu Gang and the vice-director Nian XX (or Yan XX) directly support the policeman Li Xinshu and his "Anti-violence Police Brigade". Nian XX threatened during a vicious activity on March 6, 2001, "force-feed any one who goes on a hunger strike!"

A Dafa practitioner

P.S.: The zip code of Xinhua Forced Labor Camp is 621000.

The address of Labor Education Bureau of Sichuan Province:

Huacheng area, Suburban of Chengdu, Zip Code: 610036

[Chongqing] Practitioner Xu Fengyun Detained

Xu Yunfeng, female, 44 years old, is a railway employee. On January 23, 2001, she was forcefully taken to a "transformation class" and illegally detained. She has not yet been released. Nobody takes care of her family. Kind-hearted people please pay attention to her situation and help towards her release.

[Pingchang, Sichuan Province] Pingchang Police Accumulate Wealth Through Underhanded Means

Practitioner Li Zhiming, male, was a small business owner in Pingchang, Sichuan Province. Because he is a Falun Dafa cultivator, his house was ransacked several times, his property was confiscated, and he has been illegally detained many times. The County Public Security Bureau detained him for over 20 days in November 2000, and fined him 10,000 RMB yuan (about 3300 US dollars) as a condition for release. Not long after being released he was again arrested in the middle of December 2000 for no reason, and was sent to a labor camp for a two-year 'reeducation'. He is now detained at the Mianyang Reeducation Farm.

Lu Chunsong, male, a university graduate and Party cadre, was detained for over 30 days due to appealing in Beijing. In October 2000 the police took him away from his home. The County Public Security Bureau requested him to pay 10,000 yuan in cash as a condition for release. Soon after his release, the police again arrested him and sent him to a labor camp, for a two-year term. He is now detained in the Mianyang Labor Camp.

[Pengzhou, Sichuan Province] "If Any Of The People You Are In Charge Of Go To Beijing, You Will Be Immediately Removed From Your Official Position. These Are The Orders From The Higher Authorities."

In the afternoon of February 14, 2001, the director of Jiulong Police Station, Ying, Pengzhou, Sichuan Province, was holding a so-called, "Condemning Falun Gong and signature-collection Meeting" in Longfeng High School. He required that all teachers and staff of the school sign the petition. Bai Daiyu (female) refused. As a result, she was arrested and detained. So far her situation in prison is unknown.

As a result of the persecution, practitioner Luo Shaoxiang, male, 36 years old, from Yongding Township, died on February 23, 2001; another practitioner Wang Zhiying from the Eighth Team of Yongding Township died in custody after being brutally beaten. On March 20, 2001, Wang Zhiying's family members were informed to take the body home. This year, around 10 practitioners from Pengzhou went missing, approximately 60 practitioners are detained in the newly built detention center of Pengzhou City, and about 30 practitioners were sent to labor camps.

During a meeting, Mayor Chen of Pengzhou City said to all the officials from every unit, and to every town and township government, "If any of the people you are in charge of go to Beijing, you will be immediately removed from your official position. These are the orders from the higher authorities."

Practitioner Ai Kexiu (female) from Zhuwa Township went to Chengdu to visit her son. When the Officials found out that she was absent, all the officials from three townships and towns (Mengyang, Zhuwa, and Sanyi) set out to hunt her. They sent "tracking teams" to all bus and railway stations along the route from Chengdu to Guangyuan. They even sent a person carrying 30,000 RMB yuan (about 3,600 US dollars) to Beijing to hunt her. Two days later, Ai Kexiu came back home. Several strong men and two female directors forcibly carried her to the new detention center of Pengzhou City.

[Weifang, Shandong Province] "Forcibly Transform Them; If They Do Not Become 'Reformed', Send Them To Labor Camp For Three Years"

At the beginning of March 2001, special personnel from practitioner Guo Xianxin's workplace (the Civic People's Hospital) who deal with Falun Gong forcibly took him to the so-called "Transformation Site" organized by the city government, located at 239 Beigongdong Street, Weifang, Shandong Province. The windows of the first floor of the building were sealed with security mesh. All the security doors were locked. Detained practitioners were deprived of the freedom to come and go at will, and were thus completely controlled. Family members of practitioners were not allowed to enter the building either. Guo has been detained for one month. The situation inside the building is unknown. Their tactic is, "Forcibly transform them; If they do not become 'reformed', send to labor camp for three years."

[Weifang, Shandong Province] Fangzi District Branch Of The Weifang Public Security Bureau Hires Thugs To Torture Falun Dafa Practitioners

In October 2000, the Fangzi District Branch of the Weifang Public Security Bureau illegally arrested Falun Gong practitioners from their homes. Seven of them are still detained. They have suffered all kinds of torment. For the price of 4,000 RMB yuan (about 480 US dollars), the police hired thugs to torture practitioners. They didn't allow the practitioners to sleep, and used variety of punishment tools in order to both mentally ruin practitioners and physically destroy them. The methods they used are inhumane, savage and terrifying. We Falun Dafa practitioners in Mainland China hope all kind-hearted people in the world will help us.

The phone number of the Fangzi District Public Security Bureau in Weifang: 86-536-7602754.

[Dalian, Liaoning Province] Expose The Lie That "Nobody Has Been Arrested For Practicing Falun Gong at Home"

On March 3, 2001, the police arrested practitioner Chen Zaiqing when he was attending a parent-teacher meeting at his daughter's school. Chen and his wife were illegally detained for 15 days. In the meantime, their daughter suffered emotionally and had to live in her classmate's home.

Chen's younger brother used to suffer from a serious disease. When he heard that his brother and sister-in-law had been arrested, his condition became worse. He felt as though he were dying and asked for a last chance to his brother, but his request was denied. He died soon thereafter, leaving only his elderly parents at home, alone: the kind neighbors helped them out with the funeral.

One evening, the bosses of the factory where another practitioner, Wei Qiying (pseudonym), works tricked her into going to work. The policemen waiting there immediately sent her to the Dalian Detention Center. After finding that she hadn't come home all night, her family went to ask the bosses where she was; they even replied, "we don't know".

It was broadcast by Jiang and his accomplices' TV news and repeatedly claimed by Chinese diplomats in America that, "Nobody has been arrested for practicing Falun Gong at home." But in fact they attempt to cover up the truth by using all means; they repeat the lies and intensify their cruelty. However, Dafa is evaluating all lives. Kindness will be rewarded; wickedness will be punished. This is the eternal truth.

[Dalian, Liaoning Province] More Practitioners Detained

Fifty-four-year-old Yu Guiling, female, was arrested four times for insisting on practicing Falun Dafa. Her fourth arrest was on Chinese New Year's Day (January 24th 2001). Police from the Xishanchun Police Station took her away and she has not been released as of now.

Ma Yuan is an engineer at the Ship Research Institute of the Dalian Ship Manufacturing Company. He went to Beijing on February 9, 2001. After he came back, some people informed the police, who came and took him away from his work unit on February 20. He has not been released yet.

[Jiangxi Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Sent to Labor Camps

Jiangxi practitioner Wang Huilan, female, 49 years old, is an employee of the water meter factory called Nanchang Water Company. Last May, to safeguard Dafa, she went to Beijing to appeal, where she was arrested and escorted back. Since then, she has been working under the surveillance of police and her work unit. In January 2001, she was arrested on the train to Beijing. She was detained for 30 days at first, but because she went on a hunger strike to protest her illegal detention, the police sentenced her to 3 years in a labor camp. Now she is detained in the largest labor camp of Jiangxi province. Her work unit also threatened that if she was not "reformed," she would be dismissed from her job.

Now, almost all practitioners in Nanchang city are being forced to take the so-called "transformation class" and are fined. If anyone is not reformed, his or her relatives will be dismissed from their jobs. If one will still not be reformed, he or she will be sent to a labor camp or prison. Some practitioners were forced to leave their homes and wander about.

The counties, districts, and towns are persecuting practitioners even harder. Countless practitioners' families have been heavily fined, family members have been separated or dismissed from their jobs, and many families have been bankrupted by extortion.

Phone No. of Water Meter Factory in Nanchang Water Company: 86-791-6503781

[Shanhe, Hebei Province] One More Wicked Act by the Authorities of Yanjiao Development Zone

On March 1, 2001, a team of 16 people from the Development Zone, Police Station, City Administration Brigade, and City Appearance Department deceived and arrested 17 practitioners from an electric power plant, Ocean Research Bureau, and some other work units and villages. The 17 practitioners were forced to the Yanjiao Xinggong Kindergarten to take a forced "Transformation Class." Most of the practitioners were middle age or old ladies, the oldest being 65 years old. The so-called "transformation class" was just like a prison. Policemen and other guards monitored the practitioners 24 hours a day, even following people to the toilet. During the class, practitioners were forced to watch videotapes defaming Dafa. They were forced to do morning exercises early but weren't allowed to sleep before 12 o'clock midnight. The practitioners protested these illegal actions, but they were sworn at and beaten up by the policemen. An old lady named Liu was beaten to the point that her legs had so many bruises, it was hard to find a place that was not injured. Police hit her so hard they broke their wooden club on her. The guards and policemen slapped practitioners on the face or forced them to squat for long periods of time. The practitioners couldn't bear the torture, so went on a hunger strike for 20 days, at which time the authorities released them.

It is now being rumored that the authorities want to start arresting people for a second "Transformation Class."

The wicked policeman who beat practitioners: Qi Xiaoquan

Director of the transformation class: He Zhongwu and a department chief named Ma.

[Sichuan Province] Name list of Practitioners in Labor Camps

Xinhua labor camp in Mianyang city 1. Wen Tao, male, 37 years old, was the general manager of the City Construction Bureau of Panzhihua city. He was dismissed and sent to a labor camp in March 2000. He was also dismissed from the Party.

2. Huang Tiancai, male, 32 years old, was a teacher at Miyi high school. He was dismissed from his job and sent to a labor camp for a one-year term in December 1999.

3. Xu Langzhou, male, 28 years old, worked on the criminal police team, East District police sub-station of Panzhihua city. He was dismissed from his job and sent to a labor camp by the Dadu police station for one and a half years.

4. Ye Zelin, male, 25 years old, was an employee in the Mechanic Construction Department of Panzhihua city. He was dismissed from his job and sentenced to one year in a labor camp.

Practitioners being detained in the Wanyaoshu detention center of Panzhihua city with unlimited terms: 1. Mao Lifang, female, 28 years old, is an employee of the Rural Area Supplies Company. Detained three times, her house was ransacked because she went to appeal. She has been detained in this detention center since November 27th 2000 and has not been released as of now. She was cruelly beaten and put on instruments of torture in the detention center. The authorities claimed that she would not be released unless she signed a repentance letter.

2. Luo Xiumei, female, 24 years old, has been detained twice because she went to Beijing to appeal and insisted on practicing Falun Gong. She has been detained since November 1999. She was beaten up and put on torture instruments in the detention center.

3. Liu Ming, female, 29 years old, was an employee of a research institute in Panzhihua city. She has been detained because she went to appeal.

4. Yao Jiaxiu, female, 36 years old, is self-employed. She was sentenced to 2 years of imprisonment for going to Beijing to appeal.

Chengdu city practitioners being persecuted: (partial list) 1. Wang Xueyuan, female, 55 years old, is a retired teacher in the Jingjiang District of Chengdu city. She was detained for one month for going to Beijing to appeal, and was beaten up in the liaison office in Beijing. She was fined 5000 Yuan (about 10 months of income), her house was ransacked, and her identity card was suspended. In March 2001, she was forcibly sent to a transformation class, where she was released only after going on a hunger strike for one week.

2. Li Huiying, female, 60 years old, was a retired teacher who lived on Shuyuan Street in the Jingjiang District of Chengdu city. In July 2000, she was detained for 15 days and was body-searched in the liaison office in Beijing. She was fined 900 Yuan, and during her detention period, her relatives were not allowed to visit her. After being released, she was forced to attend a "transformation class" for 10 days that was organized by her work unit. After that, policemen and people from the community administration office often came to harass her and prevent her from contacting other people.

3. Fan Xiaohong, female, about 60 years old, is a resident of Jingjiang district Chengdu city. She was detained for 20 days (2 days in a drug addiction rehabilitation center) in March 2000 because of appealing, and police confiscated 800 Yuan she had in her possession. The local police station also extorted several thousand Yuan from her family. In May 2000, she was arrested again while sightseeing in Nanjiao Public Park. She was sent to the drug addiction rehabilitation center, fined, and her house was ransacked. In July 2000, she again went to Beijing to appeal and was detained again. On January 19, 2001, the local police lured her to the station for a talk and detained her for 15 days. They forced her to pay 225 Yuan for meals. In March 2001, she was taken away from home and put into a "transformation class."

4. Yi Xian (female, over 30 years old, professional painter), Mo Aiping (female over 40 years old) and Dai Zhengping (female, over 20 years old) went to Beijing to appeal and tour in December of 1999. They were arrested and sentenced to three years of imprisonment because of unfurling a banner. They are now detained in the Sichuan Women's Prison in Jianyang city.

5. He Yigui, female, over 60 years old, was a retired employee at the Southwest Research Institute of the Nuclear Industry Bureau. Xu Xinyuan, female, about 50 years old, lives in a residential area of the Southwest Research Institute of the Nuclear Industry Bureau. Both of them are under the jurisdiction of the Yulin police station of Chengdu city. They were detained for one month in December 1999 for going to Beijing to appeal. After being released, they were requested to report to the Police Station every morning, noon, and evening, three times per day. They were also forced to do cleaning work for the police station for free. In 2000, because Xu Xinyuan and several other practitioners watched videotapes in their homes about the legends of Buddhist people, she was illegally detained again by the police station.

[Beijing] A Criminal Inmate with A Mind for Justice

On October 16, 2000, some practitioners went to appeal in Beijing and subsequently were detained in the Zhanqian Detention Center near the Beijing Railway station. The police ordered a drug addict to pretend to be a Dafa practitioner and put her into the cell with practitioners. This criminal inmate entered the cell with bare feet and said she was a Dafa practitioner. The practitioners in the cell immediately took off their clothes to help wrap her feet to prevent frostbite. They also treated her so well that she was greatly moved. Later she was transferred to another cell, where she not only told the inmates how nice the Dafa practitioners had been, but also revealed that she had been sent by the police to inquire about practitioners' home addresses.

She went back and told the police that the practitioners didn't give her any addresses. Later, she helped practitioners to communicate information.

[Changchun, Jilin Province] Names of Wicked Persons

Hou Zhihong, is a guard in the Sixth Section at the Changchun Labor Education Center. His accomplices are Dong Hui (corridor safe guard) and Yao Yongkui (a criminal prisoner)

Sun Mingyan, is a guard on the 3rd team in the Sixth Section at the Changchun Labor Education Center.