Thirty five year old Chen Guibin worked at the Yinhe Company in Wucheng county, Shangdong province. He had practiced Falun Dafa for more than six years and was strong and healthy. Well known as a good worker in the company, he was a solid force in the machine shop.

Since July 1999, when Jiang Zemin and his accomplices started persecuting Falun Gong, Chen Guibin was detained many times, and fined more than 2,500 Yuan RMB(roughly 5 months' income of an average worker in China). In January 2001, Chen Guibin was arrested once again. Then on January 8, four guards from the Yinhe Company Security department took Chen to the security office after dinner. As soon as Chen stepped into the office, they put handcuffs on him and started the brutal beating. Two bones in his neck were broken. Chen's whole body was injured and unable to move; still the four guards wouldn't let up. They kept beating Chen and finally threw him outside into the snow, where he lay for more than an hour. When they saw that he wasn't able to move, they carried him back to the detention room. The four guards tossed his quilt on the floor, leaving nothing to cover his body. Then they opened the window and tried to freeze Chen to death.

During this time, Chen's wife was detained too. His mother and brother requested to see him many times, but were refused for no reason. After breakfast on January 9, his mother came to the Company again and requested to see her son. When she learned from the guards that Chen was seriously paralyzed, his mother called many relatives. They finally rescued him, but it was too late. Chen had breathing problems and could not urinate; then he became dehydrated. At last, because of his serious injuries, he left the world in extreme pain.

In order to avoid responsibility after Chen's death, the Yinhe Company created false evidence, saying that his disability was caused by a fall during interrogation . The company then unsuccessfully tried to force his relatives to sign a statement to that effect.

We hereby call on all kind-hearted people to stand up for these practitioners who have died from brutal beatings. Please provide the evidence we need to put an end to the inhumane persecution of Falun Gong practitioners.

Yinhe Company phone: 86-534-6695338

Mainland Practitioners

February 20, 2001