The Conduct of Li Yumei, Party Secretary of Laiwu City, Shandong Province
Ever since Li Yumei became the Party Secretary of Laiwu City, Shandong Province, she has sought to further her own interests. She has conspired with her seniors to involve her subordinates (those in subordinate government offices and police departments) in the persecution of Falun Dafa practitioners. No avenue has been left untried. She has used intimidation, coercion, temptation, and deception. She used inhuman methods, such as physical torture and force-feeding, against the local practitioners. She also gave directions for the police to phone tap, follow the practitioners around, and monitor their actions, including seniors and teenagers. Many local practitioners have been sent to the forced labor camps. For those who failed the physical examination and were refused by the labor camps, Li Yumei pressured the related offices and even bribed them to accept these practitioners. In less than a year of her assuming office, over 30 practitioners in the city of Laiwu have been sent to labor camps. One died in custody. Over ten were forced to leave their homes and wander about. She organized many brainwashing classes. The number of practitioners and times they were illegally detained exceeds 1000. The money extorted from practitioners and their families amounts to 100,000 Yuan (Translator's note: Yuan is the Chinese dollar. The average monthly income of an urban worker is 500 Yuan.) Many practitioners are forced to leave their homes and countless families are torn apart, their happy and peaceful lives destroyed. The following is a brief report of some practitioners under the persecution.
- Wang Jing, female, 16, used to be a student in Fengcheng High School in Laiwu City. She was arrested in March 2001 in Beijing and then detained in the custodial center in Laiwu City. The perpetrators used physical torture to extract a confession from her. The 16-year-old girl was covered with bruises from the torture. In April she was sentenced to the Female Forced Labor Camp in Jinan City, Shandong Province for three years. (Because Wang Jing was severely beaten, the labor camp refused to accept her.) Her father was forced to leave home. Her three year-old brother Xinxin is now in jail (with his parents), too.
- Wang Hui, female, was taken away by 5 or 6 policemen headed by Shao Liyong of the Guansi Police Station. Her child was left alone on the street. The police officer Su Guojian sent her to the forced labor camp in Jinan City. He also went to Wang Hui's home many times to search and harass.
- Yin Yuxin, Wang Hui's husband, was sentenced to three years in the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp. On July 13, 2001, while Yin was building a house for his parents a group of policemen from Guansi Police Station came and beat the two senior citizens to the ground. Blood was everywhere. Then they tied up Yin and literally carried him away. His 8-year-old daughter and 70-year-old parents are left home alone.
- Police arrested Feng Lei, male, late one night at the end of 2000. He was sleeping when the police climbed over the wall to enter his courtyard and forced open the door. They sentenced him to three years in the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp on January 12, 2001 without giving reason.
- Han Yugui, female, 31, is a teacher in a technical school in Laiwu City. The police came to her home on January 21, 2001 and handcuffed her. The handcuffs cut into her flesh and her wrists bled. Before that, she had been illegally detained for her firm belief in Falun Gong. The police harassed her many times and extorted 10,000 Yuan from her.
- Zhang Fucui, female, 35, was taken away by the police in broad daylight from the house she rented and was sent to the labor camp in Jinan City. Her daughter, who lost her father long ago, has been left alone unattended.
- Dou Liyun, female, 31, is a worker in No.2 Textile and Dye Co. in Laiwu City. She has been illegally detained many times and insulted by the authorities. The police searched her house and fined her for practicing Falun Gong. On January 21, 2001, they sent her to the labor camp in Jinan City.
- Liu Hongying, female, is an employee in the Transportation Bureau in Laiwu City. She was beaten beyond recognition at the Laiwu Custodial Center before being sent home. The next day (January 21, 2001), they sent her to the labor camp in Jinan City (The labor camp at once refused to accept her due to her severe injuries.)
- Jia Xinjian, male, 27, is a disabled person from Gangli Village of Zhangjiawa Town in Laiwu City. Because he is steadfast in practicing Falun Gong, the police have illegally detained him and searched his house many times. In March 2001, while he was walking in the street in the suburbs of the city, the policemen following him arrested him and he was sentenced to three years in the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp.
- Duan Chonghua, male, 39, is from Shanzihou Village in Zhangjiawa Town. On January 10, 2001, five or six policemen knocked him down to the muddy ground. They hauled him into the police van and detained him at the custodial center in Laiwu. Two days later, he was sent to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp for a three year term. Before that, the police had detained Duan and his wife many times, searched their house, and extorted 3000 Yuan altogether. The perpetrator Liu Qing once handcuffed him to the electrical pole till he lost consciousness. His wife has been forced to leave home and wander about. Now only his feeble mother and two children are left home, unattended.
- Meng Guangbao, male, is from Daluozhuang Village of Zhangjiawa Town. He had been detained for a month for clarifying the truth to people. On January 22, 2001 not long after his release, he was handcuffed and taken from home and sent to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp. His wife and their 15-year-old son had also been detained for 15 days for appealing for Falun Gong in Beijing.
- They also harassed his family. Since 2001, the head of the Politics and Security Section, Liu Qing, has repeatedly taken some policemen to knock at their door at night. Because of the continuous harassment from the police, Qi Yingjun's wife (a practitioner) was forced to leave home. A 70 year-old grandparent is now taking care of their two young children.
- Li Songling, female, 64, is working in the People's Hospital in Laiwu City. Because she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa, she was arrested and detained at the custodial center in Laiwu, suffering from inhuman physical and mental torture. She was sent to the labor camp in Jinan City on January 21, 2001.
- Lu Fuxiang, female, had hardly arrived home when the police from Laiwu Police Department and Zhangjiawa Police Station took her to the custodial center. They searched her house and confiscated all the Falun Dafa books as well as the VCR and tape recorder. Thirteen days later, she was sent to the labor camp in Jinan. Because she failed the physical examination, she was sent back home. The head of the Zhangjiawa Police Station pressured her mother-in-law to encourage her son to divorce his wife.
- Shi Feng, male, 38, lives in Shijiazhuang Village in the urban area of Laiwu City. At the end of April 2001, when he was having lunch at home, policemen including Liu Qing lied to him to get him to go with them. Actually they sent him to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp for three years. Over twenty policemen kidnapped his wife, Lu Fuling, from her home and took her to the custodial center in Laiwu City on September 21, 2001. Several days later, they sent her to the labor camp in Jinan, but she was sent back home later, for failing the physical.
- Lu Changming, male, 39, is an employee in the Pansi Mine Co. in Laiwu City. He has twice been beaten to the brink of death by the police guards and cast out of the custodial center in Laiwu. They extorted 3000 Yuan in cash from him. The secretary of the political and judiciary committee, Zhang Zhengquan, gave orders to the vice director of the politics and security section in the police department Hou Xuezhi to take more than ten policemen to Lu Changming's home. He was then sent to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp.
- Yue Changfu, male, 40, was working in his business in the Guansi Shopping Center before October 1, 2001 (the National Day in China) when a group of policemen deceived him into going to the Guansi Police Station. He was then taken to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp. After his arrest, the police illegally searched his house and confiscated the Falun Dafa literature. His wife and two children are having difficulty surviving without their father.
- Cui Yongheng, male, 31, is working in the Technology Committee in Laiwu City. He is serving a term in Wangcun Forced Labor Camp.
- Chang Xinhong, female, 35, works in the technical school in Laiwu City. She was sent to the labor camp in Jinan, but she has been bailed out in order to receive medical treatment.
- Liu Shouxin, male, lives in Gangli Village in Zhangjiawa Town of Laiwu City. He has been held in the city detention center and custodial center five times. Early in the morning on March 3, 2001, when Liu was about to go to work, the head of the Zhangjiawa Police Station Zhao Xinzeng and some policemen arrested him and sent him to the city detention center. After he was released from there, he was held in the geriatric hospital in the town of Zhangjiawa. Five days later, the police sent him to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp for three years without notifying his family. His two children are school age. His wife is left to take care of the family.
- Jiang Hongqun, female, lives in Yangjiaheng Village in the town of Xinzhuang in Laiwu City. Before the National Day (Oct.1) of 2001, the police arrested her when she was working in the peanut field and sent her to the labor camp in Jinan.
- Zhang Guihua, female, 46, lives in Duixianmen Village in the town of Nanye in Laiwu City. She was illegally sent to the labor camp in Jinan.
- Zhou Xiuqin, female, 50, is a worker in the Luzhong Metallurgy & Mine Co. in Zhangjiawa Town of Laiwu City. On January 22, 2001, she was sent to the Female Forced Labor Camp in Jinan City for three years and fined 2,300 Yuan. Her work place suspended her salary for one year. Her husband is still at home and is under surveillance.
- Xu Yinlong, male, 39, is an engineer in the Luzhong Metallurgy & Mine Co. in Zhangjiawa Town of Laiwu City. He graduated from the Beijing Polytechnic University (previously known as China Mining Institute). He has twice been held in the custodial center by the police department of Laiwu City. His work place deducted one year's salary from Xu and his wife, (also a practitioner) giving them only 160 Yuan per month for living expenses. In addition, they fined the couple 2300 Yuan. On January 22, 2001, the police department in Laiwu City illegally sentenced him to three years in Wangcun Forced Labor Camp in Zibo City, Shandong Province.
- Li Mingde, male, from Nanye Town in Laiwu City, has been sent to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp in Zibo City.
- Chen Jing, female, works in the Industry and Commerce Office in Lixin Sub-county Division in Laiwu City. She was sent to the Female Forced Labor Camp in Jinan in January of 2001.
- Zhang Xiuying, female, is an employee in the Huaguang Co. in Shandong Province. She was sent to the labor camp in Jinan in 2001.
- Zhang Hongwei, female, was sent to the labor camp in Jinan in October of 2001 and has never returned.
- Song Keguang, male, lives in Dacao Village in the urban area of Laiwu City. He went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa on December 25, 2000 and was detained twice in the custodial center for a total of 37 days. On August 24, 2001, about 20 policemen from Laiwu City and Mazhuang Police Station broke into his home, beat him, and, without cause, took husband and wife to the custodial center. The police then ransacked their home. A few days after their detention, Song was sent to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp for three years. His wife was sent to the labor camp in Jinan, but was refused for failing the physical.
- Wang Yong, male, 34, working in the Steel Co. in Laiwu City, was sent to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp in Zibo in July of 2000.
- Wang Dexian, male, in his 50's, working in the Steel Co. in Laiwu City, was sent to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp in Zibo in July of 2000.
- Zhang Wenhua, female, 36, working in the Steel Co. in Laiwu City, was sent to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp in Zibo in June of 2001.
- Jiao Fangyu, female, 34, works in the Steel Co. in Laiwu City. The perpetrators forced her to have an abortion and sent her to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp in Zibo in September of 2001.
- Shang Qingling, male, 38, lives in Chayu Village of Lixin Sub-county Division in Laiwu City. He has twice been detained for his firm belief in Falun Dafa. The second time the police arrested him, he was selling vegetables in his booth in the market. During his detention in the custodial center, he went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. The police guards beat him severely and force-fed him. He developed an infection in his esophagus. He died on February 1, 2001 (Clearwisdom.net has reported it.) His wife and one child are left alone.
Qi Yingjun, male, was arrested on June 9, 2001 and detained in the custodial center in Laiwu City while he was practicing Falun Gong exercises in the morning. He was sent to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp on the third day of his detention. The police guards there used various physical tortures to make him give in, including forcing him to sit on the "Triangle Iron Board" and shocking him with 8 electric batons at the same time. (For a detailed description for this and other forms of torture used in forced labor camps, see http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2001/11/24/16156.html)
The perpetrators in Laiwu City headed by Li Yumei are helping Jiang Zemin and his associates to do evil. They ignore the criminal elements in their jurisdiction and instead focus on persecuting people following the principle of "Truthfulness, Benevolence, and Forbearance." They are corrupt and take bribes, owing heavy debts to people under their administration.
Li Yumei used to be the mayor of Linyi City of Shandong Province. During the time she was in the office, she took advantage of the reconstruction of the old town. The amount in bribes and payoffs she accepted was beyond imagination. In one case alone, she took over one million Yuan.
Last winter, Li Yumei's younger brother died in an accident when he drove his motorcycle into a utility pole. Everyone knows how notorious Li Yumei is in Linyi City.
Here we solemnly warn Li Yumei and other perpetrators: you will be held responsible for your evil conduct after Jiang Zemin's regime falls. Stop doing evil. Remember that evil will receive retribution. A wicked person is sure to bring destruction to himself.