Latest News from China - 11/22/2001
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Over 260 Falun Dafa Practitioners Illegally Held in Dalian Forced Labor Camp, Are on a Hunger Strike
- [Heilongjiang Province] The Head of the Armament Department has been taken into Custody Illegally, and His Family Members are Having Difficulties Making Ends Meet
- [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] The Facts of the Brutal Torture of Dafa Practitioners in Daqing Forced Labor Camp
- [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Law Violating Policemen Conspire to Persecute Dafa Practitioners
- [Guilin City, Guangxi Province] Persecution during National Day
- [Songzi City, Hubei Province] The Criminal Acts of Li Xianjin and Others in the "610 Office"
- [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Practitioner Luo Xiaoyu in Chengdu City Has Been Abducted to the Longquanyi Detention Center
- [Beijing] Practitioner Li Huilai from Yangqiao in Fengtai District has been Abducted
1. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Over 260 Falun Dafa Practitioners Illegally Held in Dalian Forced Labor Camp Are on a Hunger Strike
Over 200 male and over 60 female Falun Dafa practitioners, illegally held in custody inside the Dalian Forced Labor Camp, are all on a hunger strike.
2. [Heilongjiang Province] The Head of the Armament Department has been taken into Custody Illegally, and His Family Members are Having Difficulties Making Ends Meet
Yu Huaizhong, male, was the head of the armament department of the Qixing Farm in Jiansanjiang Branch Bureau of the General Reclamation Bureau in Heilongjiang Province. He was illegally arrested in January of 2000 for organizing a Fa conference. After being held in detention for over seven months, he was then sentenced to one year of forced labor for persevering in practicing Falun Dafa.
He had been held close to half a year beyond the term of his sentence when he was finally released from Suihua forced labor camp in mid-July 2001. However, when Yu Huaizhong was handed over to the Qixing Farm, he was put under house arrest in a room in the guesthouse of the Qixing Farm. He was monitored around the clock. After 20 days or so, he was taken to the most remote forced labor team over 50 kilometers away. He was still under watch around the clock. One month later, Yu Huaizhong was sent back. He has been held illegally in the administrative detention office up to this time. Law violating officers claimed, " One must repent in order to be released."
Yu Huaizhong has been under house arrest and illegal custody for over 3 months. According to officers at Qixing Farm, this was done in accordance with "guidelines from higher up". Yu Huaizhong's wife has also been sent to a forced labor camp for filing appeals, and is still in custody at the Jiamusi Forced Labor Camp. Two of their daughters are in school. One is in college, and one is in junior high school. The extended illegal terms of custody forced upon Yu Huaizhong and his wife has harmed their family. Their two children have to rely on elderly grandparents to make a living. Some cadres, average citizens, and police officers that don't practice Falun Gong have been angry about Yu Huaizhong's indefinite sentence. They said in private, "There is no law in today's society, is there?"
We appeal to all the kindhearted people around the world to offer Yu Huaizhong help, so that his family could reunite again soon.
3. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Facts of the Brutal Torture of Dafa Practitioners in Daqing Forced Labor Camp
- Du Guocong was arrested by Linyuan Police Station and sent to a forced labor camp for 1 year. He went on hunger strikes to protest the persecution. Leaders of Large Team 3 and vicious guards tortured him by "tying the ropes" [The police tie up the practitioner with a thin rope, circle the rope around his neck, and tie his hands behind his back. Then the police would use all the force they could muster to tighten the rope. The rope becomes tighter and tighter around the body of the practitioner, and makes it more and more difficult for him to breathe. The pain is so intense that the practitioner sometimes loses control of his bladder. There are instances when the rope was tightened enough to break a practitioner's arm], stepping on his body, and force-feeding him a thick mixture of salt and water. According to examinations from the Health Office and Daqing People's Hospital, he had a blood clot under his ribs. After another 8 days of hunger strike by Du Guocong and other Dafa practitioners, Du Guocong was paroled for medical treatment. Soon after he returned home, Du Guocong went to Beijing for Fa-rectification. He has been taken back by the forced labor camp and held in isolation, and his recent situation is not known.
- Ge Zhenming went on a hunger strike to protest illegal measures enforced on Dafa practitioners by the forced labor camp. The leader of the medium team Li Haitao tortured him by "tying the ropes". This torture was used on him on 6 or 7 different occasions. Ge Zhenming cried out miserably due to the pain, but the thugs completely ignored his cries. Other Dafa practitioners have also been tortured in this way.
- Li Dongning has been illegally sentenced to 1 year of forced labor. He is now demanding release and has been on a hunger strike for 57 days. He is being kept alive by being fed a small amount of corn porridge (about 500 ml every two days).
- Du Yin has been illegally sentenced to 2 years of forced labor. Prior to that, Du Yin made a living by operating a tricycle. He is the only source of income for the entire family. His two kids are in high school. They are planning to quit school as they can no longer afford the tuition. Things like this happen frequently to the families of Falun Dafa practitioners. If it weren't for the persecution, none of this would be happening. They all want to live with freedom and dignity, but they are denied this. Also, there are many practitioners who have become homeless, or cannot return to their homes.
4. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Law Violating Policemen Conspire to Persecute Dafa Practitioners
According to practitioners' family members who are within the public security system, quotas on catching criminals have been given out to the policemen in Changchun. The police deploy to ambush from 8 p.m. till 4 a.m. the next day. It has been said that if they are short on meeting their quota, then Falun Gong practitioners can count as criminals.
5. [Guilin City, Guangxi Province] Persecution during National Day
During National Day , the persecution of Dafa practitioners in Guilin was escalated. Authorities spent huge amounts of money on gold-digging informants to frame Dafa practitioners. Young practitioners Wen Xiaorong, Zhou, and Ye have been placed under illegal custody for going to Nanning City for Fa-rectification. Their personal computer systems, accessories, bankcards, and other materials have all been taken away by the policemen.
Dafa practitioner Chen Bixin in Guilin is nowhere to be found. It is likely that he has also been placed under illegal custody.
6. [Songzi City, Hubei Province] The Criminal Acts of Li Xianjin and Others in the "610 Office"
Crimes committed by Li Xianjin of the "610 Office" (a bureau specifically created by the Chinese government to persecute Falun Gong. It has absolute power over each level of administration in the Party, as well as over the political and judiciary branches) have been made public on Clearwisdom.net. However, he has not only failed to show any repentance, but has become even more aggressive in persecuting Dafa practitioners.
Two female practitioners from Jieheshi Town and Wanjia Township of Songzi City in Hubei Province went to distribute leaflets in a town. Police caught them because of informants. On their way to the detention center, one practitioner (over 40-years-old, female) was said to be dripping foam out of her mouth as a result of a brutal beating. The other practitioner (a 60-year-old, female) was also beaten. At present, they are being held in Chenjiachong Detention Center in Songzi City. There are altogether four practitioners in Chenjiachong Detention Center, and all of them are female. The two other detainees are around 30 and 60 years old. The 60-year-old lady asked Li Xianjin to return the 5000-Yuan so-called "deposit" extorted during her previous illegal detainment, out of revenge, Li Xianjin put her into Chenjiachong Detention Center.
We ask for the attention of overseas practitioners and human rights organizations on this.
7. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Practitioner Luo Xiaoyu in Chengdu City Has Been Abducted to Longquanyi Detention Center
Luo Xiaoyu' s home was within the jurisdiction of Wangjiang Police Station of Chengdu City. She used to practice Falun Gong at the practice site of Sichuan University. Recently, she was taken back from Beijing by Wangjiang Police Station and illegally thrown into the Longquanyi Detention Center.
8. [Beijing] Practitioner Li Huilai from Yangqiao in Fengtai District Was Abducted
Around 5:00 P.M. on November 9th, practitioner Li Huilai from Yangqiao in Fengtai District was forcibly taken away by wicked thugs. His whereabouts are unknown.
November 22, 2001