Survivors of the June 21 Atrocities at Wanjia Labor Camp Have Been Confined to "Small Cells" for Four Months
(Clearwisdom.Net) We are Falun Dafa practitioners who are being illegally detained in the Wanjia Labor Camp, Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province. We are also victims of the June 21, 2001 atrocities in which three women were tortured to death and then reported to have committed suicide. To date, there are still eight practitioners imprisoned in the "small cells" of the labor camp, where they have been suffering a great deal of physical and psychological torture for four months. (Being confined in a "small cell" refers to locking up a single detainee in a solitary cell, which contains a basin and a pair of handcuffs. The basin is used both for face washing and relieving the urine and bowels. One end of the handcuffs fastens the wrist and the other end attaches to the door railing. The handcuffs can be fastened onto the door railing at three different heights. In the highest position, the detainee has to extend her arm upward. The middle position is at waist level. In the lowest position, the detainee can sit on the ground.)
The practitioners have been in the "small cells" since June 26, 2001. In there it is dark and damp. It is muggy in summer and cold in winter. Many of the practitioners imprisoned in the "small cells" have broken out in pustules and other skin ulcers. They experience pain in the waist and knees and often wake in the middle of the night because of the cold.
On September 10, 2001, a policeman named Zhou Jun had a talk with practitioner Gao Shuyan. On a sheet of paper with the words "the general situation of Gao Shuyan," Gao saw the sentence, "If I am not able to succeed in hanging myself this time, I will strike my head against a heat pipe later." These were not her words. This was a sheer fabrication used to slander Dafa and this practitioner. In mid-September, the wardens were instructed via telephone as follows: "All the practitioners previously released, including Wang Fang and Chen Yali, must be included in the category of people who have accepted brainwashing." As a matter of fact, however, the two aforementioned practitioners are still determined in cultivation to this day. Moreover, when an investigator came to the labor camp on August 29 to inquire about the June 21 atrocity, the wardens lied and framed the practitioners to try to protect themselves and escape from their responsibility in the terrible persecution of Dafa practitioners.
Among the eleven of us imprisoned together (three are missing now), seven people have been illegally detained for eight months, which is far beyond our prison terms. When we asked why we were not released after our terms ended, some of the wardens replied, "It is an order from our superior because the investigation has not been completed." Others replied, "It has nothing to do with us. It is the '6.10 office' that doesn't allow us to release you." (The "610 Office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.)
The following are the so-called "5 Don'ts" policy used to persecute practitioners in this evil labor camp:
- Do not allow the practitioners to see their family members. (They have deprived us of this fundamental right, sometimes for six months, and so our family members have suffered mentally and many of us are in short supply of clothing and daily necessities.)
- Do not allow the practitioners to take a breath of fresh air outside their cells. (Because we practice Falun Gong, we are not permitted to see sunshine for long periods of time.)
- Do not allow the practitioners to talk with one another. (We are not only barred from talking to other practitioners, but also from talking to any outsiders. As a result of this isolation, some people now have difficulty communicating with others.)
- Do not allow the practitioners to keep money. (They arbitrarily search the practitioners and take away their money. We have no right to spend our own money. Even buying daily necessities requires authorization from the heads of the labor camp.)
- Do not return money when the practitioners are released. (They make various excuses to keep money from practitioners in the labor camp if they are released.)
We appeal to all of our relatives and friends, the practitioners overseas, and the people with righteous thoughts all over the world to offer their assistance to us, denounce the "6.10" office of the central government, the provincial government of Heilongjiang and its "6.10" office and the Wanjia Labor Camp (telephone: 86-451-41011454). Help us to leave this "hell on earth" and return to our families.