(Minghui.org) A former manager at the Bank of China in Meizhou City, Guangdong Province, has been arrested five times and incarcerated for more than seven years.

Ms. Fu Xuebing, 52, practices Falun Gong, a traditional mind and body practice (also known as Falun Dafa) that has been persecuted in China since July 1999. In their attempts to force her to renounce her faith, the authorities arrested her in 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, and 2014; ransacked her home; and confiscated her property. She was repeatedly incarcerated and tortured. After her latest arrest in 2014 she was given seven years in prison and released early in June 2020.

In addition to being arrested and incarcerated, Ms. Fu was also repeatedly fined for not calling her supervisor to report her whereabouts. She worked at the bank for 16 years, but when she was eventually fired she was not given any compensation. The police continue to monitor and harass her and her family.

Repeated Arrests and Detention

Ms. Fu was an outstanding lobby manager at the Bank of China Meizhou City Division. After the persecution started, her supervisors frequently harassed her and pressured her to stop practicing.

Ms. Fu handed out fliers with information about Falun Gong and the persecution in her neighborhood in December 2005. As a result the police arrested and interrogated her at the Xinzhong Police Station. The officers took her to her home, ransacked the place, and confiscated her Falun Gong books. They detained her in the Meijiang District Police Department for two days.

In 2008, after they learned Ms. Fu told her coworkers and customers about the persecution, her supervisors forced her to watch videos that slandered Falun Gong. They made her write repentance reports twice a month and said she had to call her supervisors from a landline every evening. During the holidays she had to call three times a day. She also had to report to them every time she went out. They fined her 100 yuan each time she failed to comply, which added up to 1,100 yuan in eight days. The bank’s secretary of Disciplinary Committee threatened to put her in a brainwashing center if she continued to fail to comply.

Ms. Fu refused to cooperate and make the calls, and agents from the Meijiang District 610 Office arrested her on May 15, 2008, and put her in Jiangnan Brainwashing Center in Meizhou City. She escaped three days later and was forced to live away from home to hide from the authorities. Two months later, on August 6, the bank terminated her work contract, and claimed she was “missing work.”

Twelve police officers followed Ms. Fu to her dentist on March 25, 2010, and arrested her while she was being treated. When she shouted “Falun Dafa is good” an officer slapped her. They took her keys and broke into her home. After ransacking it and confiscating her computer, CD-ROM, and Falun Gong books, they went to her parents’ and in-law’s homes. They ransacked both places and confiscated a laptop, external hard-drive, over ten Falun Gong books, several DVDs, and cash.

The officers took her to Qinyang Detention Center that afternoon. The guards instigated the detainees to strip and search her. The next day a guard dragged her by the hair and forced her to be photographed. She was handcuffed and shackled.

Torture reenactment: Leg shackle

One day, four agents from the 610 Office put her in a car and covered her head with a black plastic bag. She had trouble breathing. She was taken to an isolation room 15 minutes later and handcuffed to a tiger bench. Three people interrogated her around the clock. Four days later they removed her from the bench and handcuffed her, with one of her arms pulled over her shoulder to meet with the other pulled up behind her back. A guard tightened the handcuff to intensify her pain. They tried to make her step and sit on photos of Falun Gong’s founder, but she refused. That night they blew cigarette smoke into her eyes and deprived her of sleep, while keeping her handcuffs tightened. This went on for five days. When she returned to the detention center, she was disfigured and the detainees could barely recognize her.

After being tortured for a month in the detention center, she was transferred to Sanshui Brainwashing Center. She was placed in a solitary confinement room where she was monitored around the clock. Every day she had to watch videos and read publications that slandered Falun Gong and its founder. She had to write “thought reports,” statements to renounce Falun Gong and repent her practice, and describe how she changed her mind. She was released at the end of August 2010.

The police broke into her home on the morning of May 21, 2012, and confiscated her Falun Gong books, laptop (returned later), cell phone, and MP4 player. She ran away with her then six-month-old daughter. Her family was monitored around the clock, and they were worried about her and the baby. A few months when she went to her husband’s place in Dongguan City, the police went there and arrested her. They took her and the baby back to Meizhou City on October 26, 2012.

Seven-Year Prison Sentence

Ms. Fu found a job in an automobile supplies store. While she at work on the afternoon of April 23, 2014, the police came and arrested her. They ransacked her home and incarcerated her in the Fuda Detention Center in Meixian District for seven months until November. She was given seven years in prison by the Meijiang District Court on September 19 and transferred to Guangdong Province Women’s Prison on December 19 that year.

She was put in the 4th ward in the prison, where two to three collaborators watched her around the clock. The inmates recorded everything she said and did, including when she used the toilet in the middle of the night, in a notebook and reported her activities to a guard who specialized in persecuting Falun Gong practitioners.

She was not allowed to sleep for five days every month. During the day she had to sit on a small stool from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. and had to read, memorize and write things that slandered Falun Gong. To break her psychologically and make her write statements to repent and renounce her faith, they forbade her from talking to anyone and she wasn’t allowed to leave her room for eight months. She was on the brink of a mental collapse.

She was later put in the 6th ward, where she had to do slave labor work, in August 2015. One time the guards found that she placed notes in dozens of folders she assembled. On the notes she described how the prison authorities tortured practitioners and forced the inmates to work over time. The guards put her under strict management for the next two years. For three months the guards interrogated her around the clock and used extreme and intense measured to brainwash her.

She became emaciated and her health deteriorated. She was released in June 2020.

Frequent Police Harassment

After she was released from prison, the local police frequently harassed her and her elderly relatives. She warned the police that their behavior was inappropriate, and tried to stop them from taking pictures and videos of her and her family. She also refused to sign any documents.

A person from the Meijiang District 610 Office and a police officer demanded to meet her at her local residential committee in June 2021.

Three officers from Jiangnan Police Station went to her home three times. During one of their visits they terrorized her 75-year-old father, who was home alone, and he could barely eat afterward.

Officers from Jiangnan Police Station frequently asked her to meet them since October 2023. She warned them, “I am a law-abiding citizen and did nothing wrong. You are harassing me. My parents who are nearly 80 years old and my in-law who is 86 live in fear and worry because of your frequent harassment.” However the police continued to harass them and said that their supervisors gave them a list of practitioners that they must meet in person.