(Minghui.org) This New Year’s Day one of my husband’s colleagues organized a welcome party and banquet for a couple in the military who were visiting Wuhan. My husband and I attended.

We met retired office manager Mr. Yu at the party. He appeared unwell and we heard that he had cancer and was hospitalized recently. His nose kept running and he used two packs of tissue paper in a short time. Mr. Yu’s son drove him to the party and would pick him up afterward. When his son came, I chatted with him.

The young man was quite spiritual and quickly understood that the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) had framed Falun Dafa. He willingly agreed to quit the Party. During our short chat, Mr. Yu’s son understood why his parents were sick. His mother was hospitalized so she couldn’t attend the party. The son said, “My father has a lot of badges displayed at home which have Mao Zedong’s portrait on them. He treasures them. I will ask him to get rid of them.”

Mr. Yu wore a badge with Mao’s picture that day. My husband and I sat with him and explained the facts of the persecution, what Falun Dafa is and urged him to quit the CCP. My husband doesn’t practice Falun Dafa but he understands the truth and supports me. Mr. Yu was afraid that others might overhear our conversation, but we continued.

Mr. Yu said that he heard something about the persecution before. He agreed to quit the CCP after we explained in greater detail. We also suggested he say the two verses, “Falun Dafa is good” and “Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good.” He was skeptical but said that he would give it a try.

Another colleague had a birthday party in June, and my husband and I met Mr. Yu again. This time he appeared healthy. He was able to take a bus to the party and did not need his son’s help. He happily greeted us and told us that he repeated the two verses often. However, his wife didn’t believe it and she was still in the hospital.

“I no longer need my son and daughter-in-law to take care of me. They go to the hospital to take care of their mother,” he said. We were happy for him and gave him a USB drive with more truth-clarification information.

After the banquet, we left with Mr. Yu. He walked into a bank for an errand and then took the bus home. He didn’t need any assistance at all.

My husband was emotional after seeing Mr. Yu looking so much younger and healthy in less than six months. “It is amazing!” he said.