(Minghui.org) While I was working as a high-level manager at a company, I witnessed the different fates of two [Communist] Party secretaries in my city, due to their different attitudes towards Falun Gong.

Jing (alias) was appointed as the municipal Party secretary in 2008. While the persecution of Falun Gong was severe in the region, I never heard he made any negative comments about Falun Gong. 

On December 14, 2010, I was arrested after being reported for talking to people about Falun Gong. The police followed me for a month before arresting me. I was held in a metal cage, handcuffed and shackled. 

The police informed my boss at work on the next day. My boss immediately contacted Jing, and he came to visit me hours later. The police chief and 610 Office director complained to him that I didn’t cooperate with them. My boss knew the facts about Falun Gong. He assured me that he wouldn’t fire me and would help me.

After lunch, my boss came back with the police. The police loosened my handcuff and shackles and released me. 

My boss later told me that it was secretary Jing who ordered the police and 610 Office to release me; otherwise the later would have sent me to a labor camp. I thanked Jing, thinking that he would be blessed for his kindness.

Jing later received several promotions and left the city. His successor, Pei (alias), has assumed various positions in the city government before and established a network of connections. He bears a major responsibility for the intensive persecution of Falun Gong here in the city.

On January 18, 2019, a police officer called me and asked me some of my personal information. I refused to answer any questions. Through my boss’ connections, we learned that it was Xie (alias), deputy head of the municipal police department who attempted to persecute me. 

Xie was promoted by Pei. By then, Pei has taken another role and had a promising political path before him. Xie also attempted to follow in Pei’s footsteps and gain political capital by persecuting Falun Gong. 

Feeling that neither Xie nor Pei would step back on the issue of Falun Gong, my boss suggested that I hide in another city. I agreed and left. 

Only a few days later, rumors began to spread that both Pei and Xie would be arrested for corruption. The plan to arrest me was then abolished. I thus returned to work.

In December 2019, Pei was indeed arrested and later sentenced to life. While Xie escaped from being arrested, he still took a heavy hit and was demoted to a lower position.