(Minghui.org) Greetings, venerable Master! Greetings, fellow practitioners!

I am a Falun Dafa practitioner in Hong Kong, and I began to practice Falun Dafa in 1997. At the end of 1999, when the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) initiated its persecution of Falun Gong (also called Falun Dafa), I went to Beijing to appeal to the Chinese government. During the past over 20 years, I have experienced the power of Dafa and witnessed just how extraordinary it is.

Obtaining the Fa

A friend gave me a copy of Falun Gong, an introduction to Falun Dafa, in 1994. I read it and thought it was great. I then began to look for the place where I could learn Dafa but was unsuccessful. I later learned that Dafa had been spread widely in China, so I asked my friends to attend the Falun Dafa class. I didn’t hear from them for a long time.

I waited for three years, from 1994 to 1997. I couldn’t wait any longer. At that time, I knew that Zhuan Falun had been published, so I went to a bookstore at Tsuen Wan in Hong Kong and saw Zhuan Falun. There was only one copy left, so I bought it. I also learned that there were practice sites in Hong Kong and finally found local practitioners and began to practice Falun Dafa.

At first, I was very excited and also sorry I started so late. Prior to that, I’d tried other kinds of qigong, but I felt differently about this one. With Dafa, I felt my whole life was for this Fa.

Unforgettable Moment: Seeing Master

Master Li Hongzhi, the founder of Falun Dafa, came to Hong Kong in 1997. I was fortunate to hear him lecture in person, followed by a Q&A session. I even asked a question. At that time, since I didn’t know not to, I made a recording. (I later erased it.) However, the question I'd raised disappeared from the tape.

After the meeting, Master sat in the car and was about to leave. I saw that he kept looking at me and greeted me, which touched me. Now, thinking back, that part of the memory was truly precious.

The Power of Dafa

I worked in a printing factory, mainly as a driver. The place was filthy, and the work itself was strenuous and dangerous. If I hadn’t practiced Dafa, I wouldn’t have wanted to work there.

My work involved a lot of hard labor, including transporting, loading, and unloading paper without any help. Every day after work, I was soaked in sweat. After I finished delivering Dafa truth-clarification newspapers in the morning, I went to deliver informational materials for the exercise and truth-clarification sites. In the afternoon, I went to pick up copies of the Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party and other Dafa materials.

One time, we had to do a small renovation project. In the midst of that, I fell off a ladder. I landed on one hand and it really hurt. I didn’t know if it was broken, but I didn’t take it to heart and just continued to work. Soon after I was fine.

One night when I was unloading goods, I fell off of a six-foot platform and landed on my head. The spot right below my eyebrow hit a board and a small hole as big as a soybean appeared. When I stood up, my mind went blank. The person on duty that night was about to call for emergency help and take me to the hospital. I told him not to do that. I still went to pick up goods, without worrying about the hole in my head. After a few days, the wound closed by itself. At first, there was a thin scar, and then I couldn’t see it anymore.

Letting Go of Life and Death

By the end of 1999, the CCP was persecuting Falun Gong. We heard that in Shandong Province, practitioners were tortured to death. Two other Hong Kong practitioners and I decided to go to appeal at the Beijing Appeals Office. We wanted to restore Master’s and Dafa’s reputations. At that time, it was below 10 degrees Celsius, but it didn’t seem much colder than Hong Kong.

Before I went, I’d already heard about how the Chinese police treated practitioners and that there would be a few dozen police officers on Tiananmen Square ready to arrest us. Even so, I made up my mind to speak up for Dafa. I let go of life and death.

The entrance to the Appeals Office was surrounded by police officers ready to arrest practitioners from their local regions. Because we were from Hong Kong, we were allowed to go inside, submit our appeal, and tell them that Dafa was being unjustly treated. The staff members in the office truly admired our master.

We were later taken back to Hong Kong and blacklisted. Because of that, we can’t go to the mainland or to Macao. But that can’t stop us from validating Dafa. We have continued to do what we are supposed to do in Hong Kong.

Thank you, Master and fellow practitioners.

Chinese version available

Category: Journeys of Cultivation