(Minghui.org) Countless practitioners have been arrested, jailed, and tortured for their faith since the Chinese Communist Party began to persecute Falun Gong, a spiritual and meditation discipline, in July 1999. There are many practitioners, however, who remain firm in their faith while clarifying the facts about Falun Gong, and have resolved the persecution. Here are three examples.

Ms. Xie Suqiong Released Without Signing Any Statement to Renounce Her Faith

Ms. Xie Suqiong lives in Chengdu City, Sichuan Province. She went out to put up banners about Falun Gong on April 29, 2020. An elderly man riding a tricycle called the police, “I see a Falun Gong practitioner posting banners.” Soon a few police officers came and took Ms. Xie to the Chengxi Police Station.

The officers asked Ms. Xie to sign the interrogation record. Ms. Xie replied, “Falun Gong practitioners are good people following the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance.” The officers later released her as the local detention center refused to accept more people during the epidemic.

A few months later, Ms. Xie suddenly received two phone calls from the police, asking her to report to the Chengxi Police Station. Ms. Xie didn’t go because she thought, “I didn’t do anything wrong, so why should I go?”

Three police officers showed up at Ms. Xie's home at 11:40 a.m. on November 23, 2020, and ordered her to go to the police station, “If you refuse, we'll handcuff you and take you away.”

Ms. Xie went with them. On the way she kept clarifying the facts about Falun Gong, and asked the officers, “Do you think Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, or not?” One policewoman smiled and nodded.

That afternoon, the police took Ms. Xie to a local hospital for a physical examination, before driving her to the Bei County Detention Center. While she was in the detention center, Ms. Xie continued to clarify the facts to the detainees and persuaded them to quit the Chinese Communist Party and its associated organizations.

Five days later, on November 28, she was released without signing any statement.

Ms. Liu Zhengzhen Released on the Same Day She Was Arrested

Ms. Liu Zhengzhen, 78, lives in Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province. Officers from the Luopu Police Station and residential committee broke into her home on November 25, 2020, searched the apartment, and forcibly took her away. Ms. Liu kept telling them that she hadn’t done anything wrong in practicing Falun Gong, and that the police were breaking the law by persecuting innocent people like her.

Police officer Li threatened her, “If you don't go with us, we’ll damage your teacher's portait.” Ms. Liu had no choice, and went with them. On the way, the police officers told her the reason they arrested her. Four days ago when she was shopping at the market, she gave the egg vendor a calendar printed with Falun Gong information. The vendor reported her.

In the police station, officers Li and Zhang asked Ms. Liu where she got the calendars.

Ms. Liu replied, “I can't tell you because you are going to do the same to the other practitioner.”

“Then why did you distribute these calendars?”

“To raise awareness of the persecution.”

“Can you guarantee not to distribute any Falun Gong materials again? Otherwise, your grandson might have some trouble applying for colleges.”

“No one can change others’ fate.”

Police officers tried to get Ms. Liu to sign the interrogation records and to photograph her. But Ms. Liu refused to cooperate. Ms. Liu was released at around 11:20 p.m.

Mr. Cui Xuelei Released the Second Day After His Arrest

Mr. Cui Xuelei was clarifying the facts about Falun Gong in Sanhe City, Hubei Province at around 6:00 p.m. on November 28, 2020, when he was reported to police and arrested by officers from the Yingbinbeilu Police Station.

The police officer searched his body and found an out-of-home permit (Translator’s note: during the epidemic, the local residents could only leave their subdivision after applying for an out-of-home permit.), which indicated his home address. Police officers then went to search his apartment but found nothing. He was detained at the police station overnight, and he kept telling the police officers the facts about Falun Gong.

The police interrogated him during the afternoon of the next day, but Mr. Cui refused to answer any questions. He told them that Falun Gong is not on the list of the 14 cults issued by the Ministry of Public Security, and his freedom of religion is protected by the Constitution. He also told the officers that it was illegal for them to persecute him.

Mr. Cui refused to sign any documents, not wanting these officers to unknowingly become accomplices in the persecution and be held accountable in the future.

While Mr. Cui was detained at the police station, the officers repeatedly played propaganda songs and tried to brainwash him. Mr. Cui simply continuously clarified the facts to them and urged them not to blindly follow Chinese Communist Party.

Mr. Cui was released at around 6:00 p.m. on November 29.

Chinese version available

Category: Journeys of Cultivation