(Minghui.org) Only one year after being released from a two-year prison term for practicing Falun Gong, a Beijing resident was arrested and sentenced again to 3.5 years.

Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, is a mind-body practice that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

Ms. Li Shuyun was first arrested on April 20, 2016, along with her son Mr. Fu Yujie. She was released after 30 days of detention.

Ms. Li was arrested again at a train station on March 8, 2017, after security personnel found out she was a Falun Gong practitioner. She was detained at the Shunyi Detention Center for a month and released on bail on April 8.

Ms. Li and her son were arrested at home on May 13, 2017, and taken to the Fengtai Detention Center. The police handcuffed Mr. Fu after he argued with them about the illegality of the persecution. He wasn’t allowed to change out of his slippers before being taken away with Ms. Li.

The Fengtai District Procuratorate approved the mother and son’s arrests on June 19, 2017. Ms. Li’s husband, Mr. Fu Liansheng, managed to go to the Procuratorate several times despite his poor health to seek justice for his wife and son. When prosecutor Guo Yan finally agreed to meet with him after Mr. Fu’s multiple attempts, Guo insisted on pressing charges against the mother and son.

Ms. Li and her son appeared in Fengtai District Court in April 2018. Ms. Li was sentenced to a two-year term and her son to one year.

Only a year after Ms. Li was released, she was arrested again on June 28, 2020. The police claimed that they found Falun Gong materials in a supermarket and because Ms. Li had been there, they suspected that she left the materials there. Both her husband and son were also arrested and held at the police station until early morning on the third day.

Although the Dongcheng District Detention Center refused to accept Ms. Li, the police shouted at them and forced them to admit her.

As no evidence indicated that Ms. Li distributed the materials in the supermarket, the Procuratorate once returned the case to the police. But the police still managed to force the prosecutor to indict Ms. Li, and the judge to sentence her to a 3.5-year prison term.