(Minghui.org) A Beijing resident has been repeatedly harassed between October 2020 and January 2021 for her faith in Falun Gong, a spiritual and meditation discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999. Ms. Li Shufang is now facing trial and prison time after being indicted.

Ms. Li was first arrested on October 24, 2020 at home and taken to the local Ciqu Police Station, where chief Yang Ye (phone number: 86-19810280494) asked whether she had posted Falun Gong materials in a residential area. Although Ms. Li denied the claim, Yang ordered her to be transferred to the local detention center, which refused to admit her due to her high blood pressure. In order to detain her, Yang took her to another hospital for a physical examination, only to have the same detention center reject her admission again.

After holding Ms. Li at the police station for two days, the police released her on October 26. For the next few days, two officers stayed outside her apartment building and monitored her daily activities.

To avoid having her cellphone monitored by the police, Ms. Li stopped her service, only to have the police calling her son looking for her.

When she asked the officers monitoring her what their names were, they refused to tell her and said they didn’t want her to report their names to the Minghui.org website. They revealed that it was Yang Shibo (phone number: 86-13911799830), head of the local Domestic Security Office, who ordered them to monitor her. They later confiscated more than 20 Falun Gong books and 1,000 yuan in cash she had prepared for her sister’s medical expenses, alleging that it was printed with information about Falun Gong (Printing information on banknotes has become a creative method for Falun Gong practitioners to overcome information censorship in China and raise awareness about the persecution.)

The police submitted Ms. Li’s case to the Tongzhou Procuratorate on November 8. The prosecutor indicted her and moved her case to the court on November 30.

When Ms. Li urged police chief Yang not to participate in the persecution, Yang asked her not to brainwash him, as he only listened to the Chinese Communist Party and relies on it for his job.

The judge threatened to sentence her to three years and eight months in prison during a pre-trial meeting.

Ms. Li was harassed two more times, on January 10 and 28, 2021.