(Minghui.org) A Qiqihar City, Heilongjiang Province resident was sentenced to two years in prison in late December 2020 for her faith in Falun Gong, a spiritual and meditation discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

Ms. Wen Yufei, 48, was arrested on May 1, 2020, after a group of officers deceived her into opening the door. While interrogating her, Qian Wei, the head of the Domestic Security Office, kicked her head, face, eyes and nose with his leather boots. He also verbally abused her and threatened to harm her parents and son.

After Ms. Wen fainted from the abuse, Qian ordered two officers to drag her into another interrogation room and continued to verbally attack her after she came to. In the middle of the interrogation, the chair she was sitting in suddenly collapsed and she fell hard on the ground, causing severe injury to her back. The next evening, she was released on bail.

Ms. Wen submitted a complaint against Qian to the Ang'angxi District Procuratorate on June 29. She detailed Qian's abuse of her and said she was shocked that a civil servant, who was obligated to serve people, would beat her at will without worrying about violating the law.

Ms. Wen also indicated that her purpose of filing the complaint was to seek justice for herself and also warn Qian to stop violating the law and persecuting innocent Falun Gong practitioners like her.

In retaliation, Qian and his officers deceived her into going to the procuratorate to provide more details about her complaint and arrested her again on August 4. After forcing her to do a coronavirus test, they took her to the Fuyu County Detention Center.

Ms. Wen was tried by the Jianhua District Court on December 11 and sentenced to two years weeks later. She has appealed the verdict.

Past Persecution

Ms. Wen took up Falun Gong in 1997. After the communist regime ordered the persecution in 1999, she was arrested three times and had her home ransacked six times. Many of her personal belongings and valuables were confiscated. The police also constantly harassed her and monitored her daily life.

Ms. Wen later moved to another city after she was hired as a senior manager at a private company. Just as she and her family settled down, the police froze the company’s bank account to pressure the company to fire her. Knowing that she is a nice person with strong capabilities, the company’s CEO tried everything to keep her. But Ms. Wen didn’t want to cause further trouble to him, so she resigned and left that city.

In 2012, Ms. Wen moved to her childhood home in Ang’angxi District in Qiqihar and opened an extracurricular teaching studio. She charged the lowest tuition in town and sometimes taught the students for free.

With the pressure from work and family, Ms. Wen gradually stopped practicing Falun Gong. In 2016, she suddenly had quick weight loss, hair shedding, and pain in her abdomen, back and legs. After seeing a doctor, she was found to have late-stage uterine cancer.

Unable to afford the expensive medical treatment, Ms. Wen resumed practicing Falun Gong and her health gradually recovered.