(Minghui.org) A married couple in Xinmi City, Henan Province were harassed after the police suspected the wife of putting up information about Falun Gong. The officers interrogated the couple, forcibly collected their blood samples and fingerprints, before releasing them a day later. 

Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, is an ancient spiritual and meditation discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

Ms. Cheng Suqin, 52, was arrested with her husband Mr. Li Guifu, by plainclothes officers on May 21, 2020. The police first knocked on her front door. After she refused to open it, the officers went to her backyard and knocked on her back door. After Ms. Cheng let the officers in, they arrested the couple and brought them to Daye Police Station in Dengfeng City, about 20 miles from Xinmi. 

The police kept the couple in separate rooms and interrogated them. The police asked Ms. Cheng whether she came to Dengfeng in mid-April. They brought a self-adhesive sticker that read, “Falun Dafa is good” and said it was Ms. Cheng who put it up, according to the surveillance videos. Ms. Cheng denied any wrongdoing for putting up the sticker. She also refused to sign the interrogation record.

The police ransacked her home in the evening with her keys and confiscated her Falun Gong books. They collected the couple’s blood samples and fingerprints on May 22. As the detention center refuses to take in new people during the coronavirus pandemic, the police let the couple go home on the same day. They returned shortly afterward in an attempt to harass Ms. Cheng again.

Ms. Cheng took up Falun Gong in 2014. She credits the practice for improving her health and felt compelled to share her story with the public. Because of that, she was arrested on November 4, 2018, and detained for 14 days, with a 1,000-yuan fine. 

Ms. Cheng was arrested again on October 7, 2019. Her Falun Gong books and related materials were confiscated. She was released on October 19, 2019, on bail and was made to pay the 1,000-yuan fine.

The Zhongyuan District Procuratorate indicted her on January 6, 2020. She appeared in court on January 19, 2020, and was acquitted by the judge.