(Minghui.org) Falun Gong practitioners are often subjected to physical and verbal abuse during and after their arrest for upholding or telling people about their faith, which has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since July 1999.

Below are a few recent cases.

Ms. Duan Zaiying’s Arms and Hands Bruised, Monitored after Release

Ms. Duan Zaiying, of Chongqing City, was arrested on April 27, 2019 after visiting a local practitioner. Her arrest came less than four months after she finished serving a 1.5-year term for her faith.

At the Tuqiao Police Station, several officer forcibly held her hands to press her fingerprints on the interrogation record. Her wrists and hands were injured, which remained bruised and swollen two weeks later. The police also took her blood sample and verbally abused her.

Ms. Duan was released after ten hours of detention. The police threatened to submit her case to the procuratorate. They also installed a surveillance camera outside of her home to monitor her.

Mr. Yu Kailiang, in His 70s, Beaten by Officers in Their 30s and 40s

Mr. Yu Kailiang, a Chengdu City, Sichuan Province resident in his 70s, was arrested on May 22, 2020 for talking to people about Falun Gong.

Mr. Yu didn’t cooperate with the police but instead clarified the facts about Falun Gong, when interrogated at Yunxi Police Station.

Three officers, in their 30s and 40s, refused to listen. They threw him to the ground and then locked him in a metal chair for extended hours, without allowing him to use the restroom. The handcuffs were so tight that they cut into his flesh. Mr. Yu’s legs and arms were also twisted by the officers. He was released around 11:30 p.m. that day.

Disabled Man and His Son Detained

A dozen officers broke into Mr. Chen Shuyi’s home in Laishui City, Hebei Province, on May 25, 2020 and arrested the elderly disabled man. When Mr. Chen’s daughter-in-law took pictures of the police, they snatched her cellphone and handcuffed her. She was also brought to Wangcun Village Police Station and held there for a few hours.

Her husband, Mr. Chen Shuai, received a call from the police and was asked to come to the police station. When he went there, he was also arrested. He and his father remain in custody at the police station.