(Minghui.org) I have been practicing Falun Dafa (also know as Falun Gong) for more than 20 years. Master Li Hongzhi, the founder, protected me at all times, for which I'm eternally grateful.

Body Purified

My uncle introduced Falun Dafa to our family when he came to visit in the winter of 1996. I was in my early 40s at the time, and had to take care of my parents and children. Thus, I didn't pay much attention to uncle's words. He stayed with us for nearly two months, and just before he left, he said to me, “This is the most valuable Fa. It is beyond your imagination. You really shouldn't miss this opportunity.”

He visited us again for Chinese New Year in 1997. He brought me three books: Zhuan FalunZhuan Falun Volume II, and Explaining the Content of Falun Dafa. I finished reading all of them in three days, and all I could say was, “Wow! It's so good.”

Uncle spent eight days with us this time. He let me keep the Dafa books, and asked me to keep studying them. He also showed me the five sets of Falun Dafa exercises.

My second eldest sister and her husband had been practicing Falun Dafa for a while, and encouraged me to learn it.

I started to cough and vomit after reading the Dafa books. A family member bought me some medicine, but my sister said, “You won't need that. Master is cleansing your body.” I have had no need to take any medicine since then.

After returning home from doing the exercises at a local practice site, I decided to take a nap for a while. Golden light suddenly lit up the room. Master appeared with two blue rimmed rice bowls from my kitchen, and placed them on the bed. One bowl had a black rotten lung, while the other contained dirty blood.

Master took the bowls back into the kitchen. I followed behind and saw the bowls in the sink, but they were clean. Master then disappeared! I was so excited and cried – Master had cleaned my dirty lungs.

When my family members returned, I told them that no one should touch the two blue rimmed bowls. We have kept them for 20 years. Over the next few months, Master purified my body every few weeks.

Seeking Justice for Dafa

Newspapers in Tianjin City published articles on April 22, 1999, attacking and slandering Dafa. Several practitioners and I decided to go to Tianjin after we heard the news. We wanted to seek justice for Dafa.

We took the train that evening and arrived in Tianjin the next morning. Many Dafa disciples had gathered outside the publisher's office, and representatives had been selected to talk with the publisher to ask them to correct the articles. We all sat quietly outside. Some were studying the Fa and some were doing the exercises. Then I head someone shouted excitedly, “Look! Falun!”

We looked at the sky and saw countless rotating wheels, large and small, appearing in the sky, glittering and looking very beautiful. We put our hands together in front of our chests, and silently asked Master to strengthen us.

There was a sudden power outage that night, and many trucks arrived filled with armed military police. They jumped out of the trucks, and started arresting people.

Several of them seized a female practitioner and started pushing her. I stopped them, and said, “Let her go! Which one of you do not have parents and sisters? You are worse than the Kuomintang (KMT).”( I had been deceived by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP)’s propaganda to believe that the KMT was terrible.)

One of the soldiers said, “You stay out of this. We won’t arrest you.” But I insisted that they release her. I had no fear at all. They finally freed that practitioner, but they still illegally arrested many more.

We then went to the city government to demand their release, and stayed there until they were freed. We returned to our hotel, and then went back home. However, we didn’t know that there were more than 40 practitioners still being held in custody.

The situation in China for practitioners got worse by July 20, 1999. The lies attacking Dafa on the state-run media spread so much that more people began to hate Dafa. A few practitioners and I wanted to go to Tiananmen Square in Beijing to show them that Dafa is good.

It was a one-day train ride to Beijing. We didn’t take any form of ID with us, so we couldn't book a hotel. Instead, we sat on the concrete floor in front of a hotel throughout the night. 

At 5:00 a.m., we walked towards Tiananmen Square. Plain-clothes police and military police were everywhere. We were told to say some bad words about our Master to test if we were Falun Gong practitioners or not. We refused, so they pushed us into a police van and took us to the Fengtai Stadium.

I saw some police beating someone there. I shouted at them to stop. One of the officers turned around and said, “We won’t hit you.”

It started to rain that night. The police were all wearing raincoats. Although it was a heavy rain none of the practitioners got wet. I heard some police commenting that Falun Gong practitioners are not afraid of the rain. We knew that Master was sheltering us.

Police from our hometown picked us up the next day, and detained us for 30 days.

Three of us went to Beijing again on October 1, 2000. We brought a banner with the words, “Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good” written on it. We arrived at Tiananmen Square at noon and unfurled the banner. I was the tallest among us, so I stood in the middle. A woman who passed by asked in low voice, “Is it Falun Gong?”

I replied, “Yes.”

Three plainclothes police officers soon came over, grabbed the banner, and dragged us into their car. One of the officers used the banner to wipe his shoe. I said, “Don’t do that, or your feet will rot.” He muttered something under his breath, and put down the banner.

We were transferred to a police van and put inside. I saw several police officers drag another practitioner by her hair to the van and push her inside. They made her stand and kept punching her. I held the practitioner in my arms to protect her.

A police officer from our hometown came to collect us. I was then taken to a forced labor camp for three years.

Fellow practitioners often visited me in the camp to encourage me not to give up my faith. I cried for the lack of Dafa books. My husband managed to get me the book Zhuan Falun from my brother-in-law. He really saw my sincerity to cultivate, so he brought back Master’s picture and the Dafa books I used to have and put them back in our home. He had taken them to a relative’s home for safekeeping after I was sent to the labor camp.

Raising Awareness about Dafa

Master said,

“Validate the Fa with rationality, clarify the truth3 with wisdom, spread the Fa and save people with mercy...” (“Rationality”, Essentials for Further Advancement II)

A police officer responsible for safeguarding our living quarters came to my home one time. I told him, “Dafa is a righteous way that asks people to be good. You will be blessed if you treat Dafa kindly.”

He often came to my home to listen to me talk about Dafa, and he secretly protected practitioners.

My granddaughter is 14 years old. She was born prematurely, had cerebral palsy and her leg wouldn't function. I took her to Beijing for surgery. She lay on the hospital bed quietly, and said that when she felt the pain, she recited “Dafa is good.” The pain then disappeared.

Other children in the same ward were crying and shouting when they were in pain. I talked with their parents, and helped nine people quit the CCP.

We checked out of the hospital, and were ready to leave when a nurse ran toward us to say goodbye. I took the opportunity to tell her to quit the CCP and its youth organizations. She readily agreed.

My Husband Benefits from Supporting Dafa

When the Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party was first distributed in China in 2005, my husband, daughter and her husband immediately quit the CCP after reading it.

My husband also refused to pay the CCP membership fees at his workplace. When facing the prospect of being expelled from the Party, he said, “That's okay with me!”

He respects Dafa and Master very much, and won’t allow anyone to badmouth Dafa.

He has been blessed for his righteous thoughts and actions.

A large truck once crashed into the back of the car he was driving. He recited “Falun Dafa is good, Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good.” As a result, he was not hurt. 

He had a stroke and was checked in to the hospital. Three days later he came home and was fine. He hasn’t had the need to take any medicine for the past ten years.

Recalling my cultivation at the beginning of the persecution, I only knew to safeguard the Fa, but didn’t know how. I also couldn’t understand the Fa from the Fa’s perspective, and took many detours on my cultivation path. However, with Master’s protection throughout these years, I've made it through and matured.