The Issue of Equality in the U.S. Election and Its Communist Roots
(Minghui.org) In the current U.S. general election, many people who voted for the democratic candidate were attracted by the promise of so-called “equality,” such as income equality, race equality, gender equality, and education equality. Some Chinese-Americans also felt like they'd be ensured equality if the leftists took power. If we dig further into the leftist and communist-promoted “equality,” we find that this is not at all the same concept of equality as defined by the American founding fathers.
Instead, the term “equality” has become a political weapon to attack people who hold traditional values. Its usage by the socialists in the U.S. is very similar to how the term is used in communist countries.
Contrasting Interpretations by Communists and the American Founding Fathers
Generally speaking, the term “equality” has held a positive meaning across languages and different cultures. “Liberty, equality, fraternity,” for example, is the national motto of France. In Thomas Jefferson’s “Declaration of Independence,” it is written “...all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.”
Because of the wide appeal of the concept of equality, the term is often hijacked to package hidden agendas. For example, Karl Marx’s theory of communism – abolishing private ownership and establishing public ownership – was promoted in the name of equality, thus deceiving people generation after generation.
However, Marx's “equality” and Jefferson's “equality” have totally different meanings. Jefferson was talking about the equality of natural human rights. You have freedom, and I have freedom. You and I have equal rights to freedom. And what is the “equality” that Marx referred to? It can be seen in communist countries like the former Soviet Union and the Chinese Communist Party (CCP): only one voice can be heard in the media, and only one communist ideology can be believed. In other words, you have no freedom of speech or belief; I also don’t have freedom of speech and belief. You and I are equal in that neither of us enjoys freedom. This is the “equality” of communism.
Why is the “equality” of Marx’s communism totally opposite to the equality of Jefferson's free society? It involves the question of believing in God or not. Jefferson believed in God. He believed that human rights are innate and human freedom is sacred and unalienable. The equality under this premise means that everyone has freedom. Marx and communists do not believe in God. They believe that human rights are managed by the privileged class, and that “equality” is determined by this privileged class. In order to protect their own interests, the privileged class must restrict the freedom of the people. In the end, its so-called “equality” ends up as no freedom for the general public.
A Dry Run of the Communist “Equality” in the United States
The selective reporting by the major mainstream media outlets in the United States after the election is often seen as a dry run of the communist version of “equality” in America – everyone essentially hears only one voice. All reports in the U.S. mainstream media have adopted a unified approach, consistently choosing to stand on the side of leftists or communists, calling the election for the democratic candidate despite many pending lawsuits, and desperately blocking and discrediting allegations of election fraud raised by the Trump team. Those media turned a blind eye to fraud allegations and vehemently denied them. For instance, the New York Times published an article on November 11 titled, “The Times Called Officials in Every State: No Evidence of Voter Fraud.” The article then cited a few election officials saying there was no election fraud.
Major social media giants in the U.S. have blatantly filtered and blocked any content about election fraud. Facebook banned the “Stop the Steal” movement, which had 300,000 followers, claiming that they incited violence. Twitter directly censored any posts containing information about election fraud. Any tweet related to the various election fraud allegations is labeled “misinformation.” These social media giants remind one of China's Propaganda Department and the infamous Great Firewall.
We know that more than 70 million people voted for Trump in this election. Now these people seem to no longer exist in the eyes of the mainstream media, and their voices cannot be heard.
The U.S. media reports are déjà vu for those who are familiar with the Chinese Communist Party's persecution of Falun Gong, a mind-body practice based on the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. In order to justify its attack on Falun Gong, the CCP has utilized its state-controlled propaganda machine to deliver lie after lie against the peaceful practice. As the Chinese public repeatedly heard only one voice from the media, many have turned against Falun Gong.
The mission of media reporters is to investigate and report on the truth. In the 2020 general election, due to the CCP virus pandemic, a large number of mail-in ballots were used, which is known to be prone to fraud. Many vote watchers also came forward with sworn affidavits saying that they were treated unfairly in the voting venues and were unable to audit the voting process. The controversy over the voting machine software system has shaken the cornerstone of American democracy. All of this has shown that voter fraud is a serious threat and requires investigation by journalists. However, similar to the situation under the totalitarian rule of the CCP, the media has instead become the mouthpiece of the Left. They don't bother to do any investigation and refuse to give the other side a chance to speak up. They use the media as a tool to strike out at its opponents, and the United States really only has one voice now.
But if the media can block Trump and his supporters today, they will be able to block more people tomorrow. This is the “equality” advocated by the Left, which leads to everyone’s freedom blocked. The people of mainland China have gone through this painful process. The peasants helped the CCP defeat the landlords, and within several years the land was nationalized; the workers helped the CCP wipe out the capitalists, and in the end they had nothing; the intellectuals waved the flag for the CCP, and finally they themselves were labeled as enemies of the state. Where is the “equality” that the CCP had claimed earlier? It is the “equality” for all groups to wait their turn to be persecuted by the CCP.
Inciting Hatred Under the Guise of Creating Equality
What was discussed above is only part of the “equality” of communism. There is also class struggle, a concept at the core of communism. How does it work? Every once in a while, the CCP initiates a political campaign to instigate 95% of the people to fight the other 5%. Each time, it will be a different 95% of people pitted against the remaining 5%. And the CCP keeps targeting one group of people after another, non-stop.
The leftists in the United States are also like this. What they are really keen on is not “equality,” but to create a situation where they are always “striving for equality.” This “striving” is a process of continuously inciting one group of the public to fight another group of the public. The process of this struggle is the process of the privileged class enslaving the people, the process of corrupting people’s morals, and in the end, the process of dragging people to hell.
Take the issue of race as an example. One of the biggest problems in the black community is the lack of a two-parent household. About 75% of the children in the black community are being raised by single mothers (compared to only 25% in the white community). Statistically, it is shown that many children growing up in this environment will develop problems in the future, including lack of education, drug abuse, violence, crime, illegitimate childbirth, and so on. More than 90% of African-American citizens who die from homicides each year are killed by African-Americans.
However, for a long time, the leftists deliberately ignored these problems within the black community and purposefully did not aim to solve these problems. It can even be said that these problems in the black community were originally caused by the Left. All the leftists see is skin color. Skin color is their capital. Creating conflict between races is their career. Those who vote for the Left and who hope for “equality” based only on race, including some Chinese, are counting on the wrong party.
Many of those who voted for the Left in the general election are still immersed in the excitement of “winning the fight.” They have also criticized and verbally abused people who dared to expose the fraud on social media. They do not realize that they are being utilized by the communist specter to fight the other party. They cannot see that the specter of communism will eventually take away their freedom as well.
The Awakening of the People is the Best Medicine against Communism
Why is the tragedy of Communist rule, which was staged in the former Soviet Union and China, repeating itself in Western society? It is because many people of inherently good nature have been deceived by the communist ideology and the rhetoric of “equality.” They have become the “useful idiots” in Lenin’s term. In this general election, the so-called U.S. mainstream media, which should have sounded the alarm to the American people, has become the de facto mouthpiece of the leftists. The awakening of the people is the best medicine against communism.
The American public as represented by President Trump is saying no to communism, not only for the people who voted for Trump but also for those who have been deceived by the Left.