Additional Persecution News from China – September 16, 2020 (42 Reports)
(Minghui.org) Today's news from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 33 cities or counties in 15 provinces, where at least 94 practitioners were recently persecuted for their belief.
1. [Xi'an City, Shaanxi Province] 70-year-old Mr. Lei Zhengxia Arrested and Beaten by Police2. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] 78-year-old Mr. Zeng Jiageng Faces Second Hearing3. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Liu Chunhua and Mr. Sun Ruitao Arrested4. [Tieling City, Liaoning Province] Three Practitioners Arrested5. [Xi'an City, Shaanxi Province] Ms. Jia Ruiling Faces Trial6. [Beijing] Ms. Li Xiaohui and Her Mother Arrested7. [Xianning City, Hubei Province] Thirteen Practitioners Harassed8. [Dujiangyan City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Gan Xuemei Formally Arrested (Update)9. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Zhu Min Harassed Repeatedly10. [Cangzhou City, Hebei Province] Ms. Li Ailan Harassed11. [Luanzhou City, Hebei Province] Ms. Miao Harassed12. [Enshi Tujia and Miao Autonomous Prefecture, Hubei Province] Intermediate Court Will Retry Mr. Wang Hao’s Case13. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Update on Mr. Xu Bin’s Arrest14. [Guiyang City, Guizhou Province] Ms. Pan Yuehua Arrested15. [Donggang City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Ning Shuyan Arrested16. [Jiujiang City, Jiangxi Province] Mr. Cao Fayuan and Mr. Chen Shangzhu Harassed17. [Chishui City, Guizhou Province] Three Practitioners Arrested and Detained18. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Three Practitioners Harassed19. [Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia] Ms. Shan Baoqin and Ms. Sun Xiuhua Facing Trial (Update)20. [Pengzhou City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Zhong Jiju and Ms. Yang Qi Harassed21. [Fushun, Liaoning Province] Ms. Liu Shumei in Police Custody22. [Luanzhou City, Hebei Province] Mr. Du Harassed23. [Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Song Tieli and Ms. Wang Xiaohong Arrested24. [Liangshan County, Shandong Province] Ms. Zhang Yirong and Ms. Lu Xiufang Arrested25. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Ms. Wang Guofen Harassed26. [Mudanjiang City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Han Honggui Harassed27. [Fengcheng City, Liaoning Province] Seven Practitioners Harassed28. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Ms. Zhang Junfang and Husband Mr. Yang Zemin Detained29. [Shulan City, Jilin Province] 15 Practitioners Held in Shulan Brainwashing Center (Update)30. [Xianning City, Hubei Province] Ms. Yang Harassed31. [Panjin City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Zhao Feng Arrested32. [Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Chen Mingchuan and Wife Harassed33. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Chu Xinyuan and Mr. Wang Renping Harassed Repeatedly34. [Jinan City, Shandong Province] Ms. Fan Yuelan Harassed35. [Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province] Ms. Shen Chuanfang Arrested36. [Fushun, Liaoning Province] Four Practitioner Arrested37. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Ouyang Ruyun Detained in Hospital for One and Half Years38. [Beijing] Ms. Yang Xuehua Under Formal Arrest (Update)39. [Luoyang City, Henan Province] Mr. Liu Yingkuan Sentenced Four Years in Jail40. [Laiyang City, Shandong Province] Ms. Wang Jianmei Detained41. [Cang County, Hebei Province] Ms. Pang Huixia’s Appeal Dismissed and Seven-Year Sentence Upheld42. [Kaiyuan City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Mou Xia Stays Away from Home and Ms. Yang Shuzhi Arrested
1. [Xi'an City, Shaanxi Province] 70-year-old Mr. Lei Zhengxia Arrested and Beaten by Police
Mr. Lei Zhengxia and his wife were arrested on September 4, 2020, at their rented apartment by police officers from Kuiyuan Road Police Station in the Economic Development Zone. They were handcuffed behind their backs and taken to the police station for interrogation. During the interrogation, officer Wang Guoqing beat Mr. Lei for 20 minutes. He hit his chest with his fists, beat his knees and thighs and repeatedly struck his neck with his palms.
Wang Guoqing also tore up several posters with Master’s image and threw them on the ground. He stepped on them and shouted that he was not afraid of any retaliation.
When they didn’t get anything from the interrogation, they tried to send Mr. Lei to the Gaoling District Detention Center. He was rejected due to the results of the physical exam. Mr. Lei has posted bail and awaits trial. His movements are restricted.
2. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] 78-year-old Mr. Zeng Jiageng Faces Second Hearing
Mr. Zeng Jiageng is facing a second hearing in the Haizhu District Court on the morning of September 23, 2020. Mr. Zeng is 78 years old and used to be a principal engineer.
His first hearing was held in Haizhu District Court on August 17. Due to his high blood pressure, he has hearing loss and had difficulty hearing the questions in court. He was not allowed to say anything related to Falun Gong in the court. The court session was suspended at 5 p.m. because of his poor physical condition.
3. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Liu Chunhua and Mr. Sun Ruitao Arrested
Ms. Liu Chunhua and Mr. Sun Ruitao were arrested on August 21, 2020.
4. [Tieling City, Liaoning Province] Three Practitioners Arrested
Ms. Yang Shuzhi a from practitioner from Huludao City, Liaoning Province and three other practitioners were arrested in Tieling City when they clarified the truth. One of them was not detained because of a diabetes condition. Ms. Yang’s home was ransacked. Master’s image, Dafa books and two cell phones were taken.
5. [Xi'an City, Shaanxi Province] Ms. Jia Ruiling Faces Trial
Ms. Jia Ruiling was arrested by police officers from the Chang’an Police Department on April 4, 2019. She has been detained in the Xi’an Detention Center for one year and five months. It was recently learned that she will be placed on trial in Yanta Court at 9 a.m., October 14, 2020.
6. [Beijing] Ms. Li Xiaohui and Her Mother Arrested
Ms. Li Xiaohui and her mother from Chaoyang District, Beijing were arrested by officers from the Beitaipingzhuang Police Station in Haidian District. They were seen on surveillance cameras posting truth-clarifying posters in Haidian District. Their home was ransacked. Currently Ms. Li Xiaohui is detained in the Haidian Detention Center. Her three-year-old son is left unattended at home.
7. [Xianning City, Hubei Province] Thirteen Practitioners Harassed
From late August to early September 2020, the so-called “zero-out campaign ” [a concerted effort to force every practitioner on the government's wanted list to renounce Falun Gong] has been carried out in the Chalukou Community, Xiwangqiao Community, Huatan Community, Wenquan Community, Quantang Community, Chalukou Police Station, No. 1 Bridge Police Station and the security divisions in different work units in the Wenquan District.
Several practitioners have been harassed including Ms. Hao Yufang (knocking on the door), Ms. Meng (breaking into the home), Ms. Jiang (harassing via phone calls), Ms. Huang Fenfang (breaking into the home), Ms. Li Xueping (breaking into the home), Ms. Zheng Rongzhen (harassing her husband via phone calls), Ms. Fang Jinhong (harassing via phone calls), Ms. Liang Ying (harassing via phone calls), Mr. Zhang Jun (breaking into the home), Ms. Dong Yuegui (breaking into the shop), Mr. Chen Yuanxin (knocking on the door), Ms. Yang Xiaohua (breaking into the home and the shop), and Mr. Long Zhongliang (knocking on the door).
Some practitioners were forced to sign a document. Others were questioned whether they still practiced Falun Gong. Some were threatened and intimidated.
8. [Dujiangyan City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Gan Xuemei Formally Arrested (Update)
Ms. Gan Xuemei was arrested in Hongkou Township because she told people about Falun Gong. Her arrest is approved and she is currently detained in the Dayi Detention Center. Her husband received the notice of arrest on September 12.
It was learned that the Dujiangyan City Procuratorate staff questioned Ms. Gan Xuemei in the detention center. Her family members are not allowed to visit her or to send her anything.
9. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Zhu Min Harassed Repeatedly
Han Qian, a police officer from the Longquan Town Police Station in the Longquanyi District, is in charge of household registration. He repeatedly harassed Ms. Zhu Min this year by calling her using the excuse of getting her family's information. He phoned Ms. Zhu again on September 8, 2020, and then came to her home. He demanded that she go to the Longquan Town Police Station to have a talk.
10. [Cangzhou City, Hebei Province] Ms. Li Ailan Harassed
Ms. Li Ailan is an over-70-year-old practitioner in Cang County. Her husband was recently phoned by a man surnamed Guo from the Nanhuan Residential Office. He stated that they received a document from the Hebei Province government and told Ms. Li Ailan’s husband to advise his wife not to practice Falun Gong anymore. He also wanted to come to their home to take photos.
11. [Luanzhou City, Hebei Province] Ms. Miao Harassed
Ms. Miao lives in Miaotuo Village, Xiaomazhuang Town of Luanzhou City. On August 24, 2020, the village director tried to force Ms. Miao to give up Falun Gong and also videotaped her. On August 25, the village director again pressured Ms. Miao’s daughter-in-law to go to the Xiaomazhuang Town government office to sign the so-called “guarantee statement” on behalf of Ms. Miao.
12. [Enshi Tujia and Miao Autonomous Prefecture, Hubei Province] Intermediate Court Will Retry Mr. Wang Hao’s Case
Enshi Prefecture Intermediate Court will hold a second trial on Mr. Wang Hao’s case. He was sentenced to one year and two months in prison by the Lichuan Court on January 9, 2020. Mr. Wang appealed the case.
13. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Update on Mr. Xu Bin’s Arrest
Mr. Xu Bin was arrested by officers from the Weixin Road Police Station on September 13, 2002, because he talked to people about Falun Gong in Nanhu Park. His home was ransacked. All his Dafa books and images of Master were taken away. He was sent to a detention center but was rejected because of his physical condition. He has now returned home.
14. [Guiyang City, Guizhou Province] Ms. Pan Yuehua Arrested
Seven or eight police officers from the Nanming District Police Department, came to Ms. Pan Yuehua’s home on the evening of September 7, 2020. They ransacked her home and took her to the police department for interrogation. She refused to sign the detention paper and was released at 3 a.m.
15. [Donggang City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Ning Shuyan Arrested
Ms. Ning Shuyan was arrested by local police when she talked to people about Falun Gong at the market in Beijingzi Town. It is unknown where she is detained.
16. [Jiujiang City, Jiangxi Province] Mr. Cao Fayuan and Mr. Chen Shangzhu Harassed
Mr. Cao Fayuan was harassed at home by Feng Daowu, director of Yutushan Community and others on September 8, 2020. They demanded to know whether he still practiced Falun Gong and warned him that the higher authorities were targeting Falun Gong now.
Mr. Chen Shangzhu were harassed at his work unit by a person surnamed Cheng from Gangkou Town, Caisang District, and someone surnamed Wei from Gangkou Village. They pressured him to write the so-called “guarantee statement” and claimed that his name would be removed from the blacklist if he did.
17. [Chishui City, Guizhou Province] Three Practitioners Arrested and Detained
Ms. Ma Xiangming (more than 60 years old) and Ms. Yang Niangniang from Tiantai Town were arrested and detained in the Jinhua Rehabilitation Center of Chishui City for 15 days. They have now returned home. Ms. Li Wenyu was sent to the Zunyi Detention Center. Her current situation is unknown.
18. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Three Practitioners Harassed
Fanrong Community staff in Zhaozhou County harassed the practitioners via phone calls in September. They phoned Mr. Si Baolin, elderly Ms. Shi, and the husband of Ms. Li Ruixia. They also came to the home of elderly Ms. Zhu to harass her.
19. [Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia] Ms. Shan Baoqin and Ms. Sun Xiuhua Facing Trial (Update)
Ms. Shan Baoqin and Ms. Sun Xiuhua were arrested by police from the Erlong Police Station in Ningcheng County on the afternoon of December 2, 2019, because she talked to people about Falun Gong. Ms. Shan Baoqin has been detained in the Ningcheng County Detention Center for nearly ten months now. Ms. Sun Xiuhua was hospitalized due to high blood pressure at that time, but was later bailed out. Currently, the two are facing a hearing in the Ningcheng County Court.
20. [Pengzhou City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Zhong Jiju and Ms. Yang Qi Harassed
Ms. Zhong Jiju lives in Jinfeng Village, Mengyang Town of Pengzhou City. The village director came to Ms. Zhong’s home on the morning of September 4, 2020, to harass her, take photos, tell not to distribute any truth-clarifying materials, and demand that she sign paperwork. She refused.
Wang Guangming and Yang Jianshe from the Dongta Community of Mengyang Town Government, came to Ms. Yang Qi’s home to harass her. They tried to force her husband to sign the paper. They threatened him, and told him refusing would bring harm to their children and grandchildren, and they would repeatedly return until he did.
21. [Fushun, Liaoning Province] Ms. Liu Shumei in Police Custody
Ms. Liu Shumei was arrested in Talianji, Dongzhou District on the morning of September 15, 2020. She is now detained in the Longfeng Police Station. Her home was ransacked.
22. [Luanzhou City, Hebei Province] Mr. Du Harassed
Three members of the Political and Legal Affairs Committee of Ciyutuo Town, led by the former deputy Party secretary of Ciyutuo Village, came to Mr. Du’s home on August 24, 2020, to harass him. Later, Wang Caixia, director of the village women’s federation, told his second daughter to sign the so-called “guarantee statement” on behalf of her father in the town government office.
23. [Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Song Tieli and Ms. Wang Xiaohong Arrested
Officers from the Songlin Police Station came to Mr. Song Tieli’s pharmacy on the morning of September 14, 2020, with the excuse of investigating illegal drugs. They requested the staff Ms. Wang Xiaohong to call Mr. Song Tieli back to the store. Then both of them were arrested and sent to the police station. The store was ransacked. It’s not clear how many things were taken away.
The next day both of them were sent to take physical exam. Mr. Song Tieli had high blood pressure of 190 but he was not released according to the regulation. Instead he was told to take the drugs to lower his pressure, which he refused. That afternoon both of them were sent to the Jiamusi Detention House. When their family members asked for the official notices, police officers from the Songlin Police Station did not give any written documents, but verbally stated that they would be detained for ten days.
24. [Liangshan County, Shandong Province] Ms. Zhang Yirong and Ms. Lu Xiufang Arrested
Ms. Zhang Yirong (68 years old) and Ms. Lu Xiufang (around 40 years old) from Xiaoluko Township, Liangshan County were arrested by officers from the Dalukou Township Police Station. They were talking to people about Falun Gong in Dalukou Township on August 26, 2020. Their homes were ransacked. About 1000 yuan written with truth-clarifying words and several truth-clarifying CDs found in Mr. Zhang Yirong’s home.
Mr. Zhang is now detained in the Yutai County Detention Center and will be detained for 38 days. Ms. Lu Xiufang’s situation is unknown.
25. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Ms. Wang Guofen Harassed
Ms. Wang Guofen from Jiutai District, Changchun City received a call from the community Party secretary on the afternoon of September 15, 2020. She was asked whether she still practiced Falun Gong and to give her home address. She was requested to fill out a form. If she didn’t cooperate, they said they would come to her work unit.
26. [Mudanjiang City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Han Honggui Harassed
Three police officers knocked on the door of Ms. Han Honghui’s home in Dongping’an Resident Compound on the morning of September 14, 2020, when Ms. Han and two elderly fellow practitioners were studying the Fa together. The police requested Ms. Han to sign a paper to give up Falun Gong, which she refused.
27. [Fengcheng City, Liaoning Province] Seven Practitioners Harassed
Mr. Liang Yuncheng in Fengcheng City, received a harassing call saying that Li Yongguo, director of Fengcheng Political and Legal Affairs Committee, wanted to talk to him.
The wife of Mr. Ye Zhigang in Fengcheng received a harassing call. In recent years, because he was persecuted several times, Mr. Ye Zhigang had a cerebral hemorrhage (stroke) and high blood pressure.
The Tienan Community staff in Fengcheng City harassed Ms. Liu Shushuang and Ms. Sun Jifeng. Ms. Sun Jifeng’s husband also received a harassing call and was asked whether his wife still practiced Falun Gong.
The wife and the son of Mr. Jiang Fuyong in Fengcheng City also received harassing calls. They refused to cooperate with them.
The staff from Chengdong Community phoned Ms. Jiang Hong and knocked on her door to harass her multiple times.
The son and daughter of Mr. Li Shiwen in Fengcheng City were told to go to the community center to sign the paper on behalf of their father.
28. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Ms. Zhang Junfang and Husband Mr. Yang Zemin Detained
On the morning of September 15, 2020, more than ten police officers from the Heping Street Police Station, the Chuncheng Street Police Station, and the Sijianfang Police Station, arrested Ms. Zhang Junfang, and her husband Mr. Yang Zemin. Their home in the Luyuan District was ransacked. Master’s image and their PC were taken. The couple was sent to the Weizigou Detention House and detained for 10 days.
29. [Shulan City, Jilin Province] 15 Practitioners Held in Shulan Brainwashing Center (Update)
A brainwashing center was set up in Shulan City on September 11, 2020. It is reported that Wang Hanming, deputy director of the Political and Legal Affairs Committee, held a meeting for the education system and said he had a list of names from the higher authorities. Forty-two people from Shulan City including six from the education system were on it. If these people refused to be “transformed”, the education system would fail the annual evaluation; if the situation lasted two years, they would be expelled from their jobs. If the police found any items related to Falun Gong in their homes, they would be sentenced to jail.
Ms. Yin Limei, a teacher from the Experimental Middle School, clearly told the principal that she refused to participate in the brainwashing class. She was forcefully taken to the brainwashing center on September 11. At present, the following practitioners are known to be sent to the brainwashing center, Mr. Wang Hongfang, Mr. Zhu Lijie, Ms. Zhao Jinlan, Mr. Xu Zhongyou, Mr. Wang Xiwu, Ms. Yin Limei, Ms. Guo Qingfen, Ms. Tao Yuqing, Ms. Yu Xiaojuan, Mr. Jiang Yuejun, Ms. Yao Chunyan, Ms. Feng Yuqiu, Ms. Li Fengjuan, Mr. Wang Zhigang, and Ms. Xiaojing.
30. [Xianning City, Hubei Province] Ms. Yang Harassed
Ms. Yang in the Xian’an District has been harassed three times by staff from the residential community since August 2020. They came to her home and threatened her to give up Falun Gong otherwise her son’s subsistence allowance would be canceled. Ms. Yang’s son is disabled and is qualified to get the subsistence allowance according to the regulations.
31. [Panjin City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Zhao Feng Arrested
Police broke into Ms. Zhao Feng’s home with a master key on the morning of September 15, 2020. They ransacked her home and took many personal belongings. Ms. Zhao Feng was taken away.
32. [Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Chen Mingchuan and Wife Harassed
Mr. Chen Mingchuan was recently told to come to the Yuehai Police Station for a talk. They tried to make him sign the paper to give up Falun Gong, which he refused.
Mr. Chen’s wife was phoned by the police and was told that they would not bother the family anymore if Mr. Chen signed the paper. Mr. Chen’s wife is now threatening to divorce him if he refuses to sign the paper.
33. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Chu Xinyuan and Mr. Wang Renping Harassed Repeatedly
From August to September 2020, Liu Chenghai from the Health Bureau of Zhaozhou County, under the instigation of the Political and Legal Affairs Committee harassed Mr. Chu Xinyuan from Zhaozhou Chinese Medicine Hospital, and Mr. Wang Renping from Zhaozhou Maternal and Child Health Center.
34. [Jinan City, Shandong Province] Ms. Fan Yuelan Harassed
Ms. Fan Yuelan was harassed at home in August by people from the Baoshan Police Station and the Zhaozhuang Village Committee in Wangsheren Town, Licheng District. They tried to force her to write the so-called “guarantee statement” to give up Falun Gong otherwise her son would not be allowed to go to work.
35. [Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province] Ms. Shen Chuanfang Arrested
Ms. Shen Chuanfang (51 years old) was arrested at her home in Jiangbei New District on September 13, 2020. Her home was ransacked. It is unknown where she is detained.
36. [Fushun, Liaoning Province] Four Practitioner Arrested
On the morning of September 15, 2020, four practitioners including Ms. Wang Caiyun, Ms. Liu Shumei, Ms. Wang Hongxiang, and Ms. Yang, were arrested in Talianji, Dongzhou District. Their homes were ransacked. They are now detained in the Longfeng Police Station.
37. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Ouyang Ruyun Detained in Hospital for One and Half Years
Ms. Ouyang Ruyun from Jiang’an District was held in Ankang Hospital for one and a half years. She is still there. Her physical condition is unknown.
38. [Beijing] Ms. Yang Xuehua Under Formal Arrest (Update)
Ms. Yang Xuehua from the Xicheng District was arrested by police officers from the Taipingqiao Police Station in the Fengtai District on July 23, 2020. She is now detained in the No. 6 Detention Center in Shagang Village, Fengtai District. Her family hired a lawyer for her. The lawyer learned that she had been under formal arrest since August 6. Her family never received the formal arrest notice.
39. [Luoyang City, Henan Province] Mr. Liu Yingkuan Sentenced to Four Years in Jail
Mr. Liu Yingkuan from Yanshi City, was sent to Xinmi Prison on August 15, 2020, Zhengzhou City, Henan Province for a four-year jail term.
40. [Laiyang City, Shandong Province] Ms. Wang Jianmei Detained
Ms. Wang Jianmei, went to the post office to mail truth-clarifying letters and was arrested. Her home was ransacked. Many personal belongings were taken away including, three PCs, seven or eight printers, and a large amount of cash. Even the peanut oil and wine were taken away. Police shut off the power and left her apartment without closing the gate. Ms. Wang Jianmei was sent to the Yantai City Detention Center on September 5.
41. [Cang County, Hebei Province] Ms. Pang Huixia’s Appeal Dismissed and Seven-Year Sentence Upheld
Ms. Pang Huixia in Cang County was sentenced to seven years in prison by the Yunhe District Court on February 11, 2020. She immediately appealed. On September 3, Pang Huixia, detained in the Cangzhou City Detention Center, received the ruling from Cangzhou Intermediate Court to dismiss her appeal and maintain the original sentence of a seven-year term.
42. [Kaiyuan City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Mou Xia Stays Away from Home and Ms. Yang Shuzhi Arrested
Ms. Mou Xia lives in Xinlitun Village, Xiafei Town. Her home was ransacked in 2020 by police officers from the Kaiyuan Police Department and many Dafa books were taken away. Ms. Mou Xia had to stay away from home to avoid the persecution
Ms. Yang Shuzhi was arrested on September 14, 2020, and her home was ransacked. Her Dafa books and truth-clarifying materials were taken away.