(Minghui.org) Master Li Hongzhi started teaching Falun Dafa in May 1992. A few years later, Falun Dafa had spread to our small town, and many local residents began to cultivate in Falun Dafa. They benefitted from it greatly.

Firmly Believing in Falun Dafa

My husband Yujie is 77 this year. He is a veterinarian. I'm 79 and retired. We both started practicing Falun Dafa in 1997. We found that everything in the book Zhuan Falun made sense, and reading the book has become part of our daily routine. All our children are supportive of our cultivation in Falun Dafa. 

My husband and I live by ourselves, allowing us not to burden our children. Even though we are close to 80 years old, we are neither hard of hearing nor short-sighted. We don't need to wear reading glasses. This is in itself extraordinary. 

When we go out of town, we try not to stay in other people's homes so that we can keep up with our daily Fa study. If we need to stay for a few days, we would always remember to clarify the facts about Dafa to people and put up truth-clarification stickers to help people get to know about Dafa whenever we can.

When my husband gives injections to pigs, he is still as skillful as when he was young.

He fell from his motorbike a few times, but each time he was not injured. Once, he went to a faraway place and was knocked out by a young man in an alleyway. He passed out for over 10 minutes, but when he regained his consciousness, he felt well. He had only a small scratch on his hand. I know that Master was protecting his disciple, and that was why my husband was safe and sound.

One day in 2010, my nose started bleeding badly, and there were big blood clots. When I blocked my nose, the blood came out from my mouth, and when I closed my mouth, the blood ran out from my ears. When I could not spit it out in time, the blood ran into my stomach. There was blood everywhere on the floor. My sister-in-law was staying with us at the time. She was so scared that she urged me to go to hospital straight away. I was not worried and very clear-minded when all this was happening. I spat out blood for a day, and then all was back to normal. 

If I were not a Dafa practitioner, it could have developed into something major, but Master looks after us. I held a firm belief in Dafa and Master, and as a result, I felt perfectly fine the next day.

When my children heard about this, they all said, “Dafa is truly extraordinary.” My daughter was so grateful to Dafa that she also helped us put up truth-clarification stickers. 

Pay Me What You Think is Appropriate

My name is Shuqin. I’m 58. I operate a clothing workshop, doing ironing and alterations. Sometimes, I also do dry cleaning and small sewing jobs. With so many things on hand, it is not always easy to manage. I used to have a bad temper and tended to ignore those customers who were rude or not easy to get along with.

It all changed as I elevated my character. I feel more sympathetic towards people and help them in any way I can. When customers from the nursing home come for help, I would not charge them. I would also offer free service to seniors who do not have much money.

An elderly man came a few times and felt bad not to pay me any money. He checked his pockets and paid me one yuan. Even though it was next to nothing, I accepted it appreciatively so that he would not feel bad and stop coming for help.

Some jobs were quite time-consuming, yet people paid me very little. I did not take it to heart, thinking, “You can pay me as much or as little as you think appropriate.” I no longer pay much attention to money and personal gain.

I have also become more meticulous in my job, telling customers things that need to be done. This keeps them from having to make another trip. I always care about the needs of my customers and have become a much better person as a result of my cultivation in Dafa and the guidance from our Master, who teaches us to always put others first.

We Only Want to Help You Learn the Truth So That You Would Be Safe 

My name is Yonghua, a 70-year-old female retiree. There is a temple fair in our town on April 18 every year. The day is locally regarded as the birthday of the Sea Goddess. The three-day event always attracts many people from surrounding areas, who come to buy things, burn incense, or just have a good time. Even though our town is not big, it gets crowded during those few days.

It is also a great opportunity to tell them about Dafa and the persecution. Before each temple fair, we would make plans to make good use of the event. Sometimes, we don't even have time to eat before we rush to the fair. We thought: If we could save one more person, then one less would suffer catastrophe in the future.

Since the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started persecuting Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, many Chinese people have listened to the slanderous propaganda on TV and other state-controlled media. They don't know that they would be victimized when the big catastrophe strikes in the future if they believe the CCP's lies and do not know the truth. We are here with a mission to save people who are still in a maze. Time is pressing, and we must hurry up and save more people. 

I left home at 5:00 a.m. and clarified the truth about Falun Gong to people I ran into and helped them quit the CCP and its youth organizations. I bought something to eat by the road side, took a few bites, and continued with truth-clarification. Quite a number of people agreed to quit the CCP. It was past 1 p.m. when I started to turn back. I saw a few other practitioners who were also clarifying the truth to people.

Just then, I saw a person coming towards me from where other practitioners were talking to people. Concerned that he might not have heard the truth clearly, I went up to him and tried to start a conversation. However, soon after I started, he said to me angrily, “Haven't you got anything better to do? Your stomach is too full for you to do anything sensible!” Seeing that he would reject anything I say, I stopped and left. 

After I got back home, I thought I would wash the dirty clothes first, then study the Fa. While I was washing the clothes, I felt quite hungry. I realized that I had not eaten properly that day, so I took a few mouthfuls of cold rice. While I was chewing, I remembered what the man had said to me: Haven't you got anything better to do? Your stomach is too full for you to do anything sensible!

But I had not eaten all day. Tears covered my face. Saving people is so hard, I thought to myself. We are trying so hard to save you, yet you do not even appreciate our efforts. How much harder it must have been for our Master to teach us the Fa and save sentient beings!

Everyone Thought I Was Dead, But I'm Still Alive and Healthy

My name is Shuying, a 75-year-old female retired worker. I started practicing Falun Dafa in April 1997. Before then, I had suffered from all kinds of illnesses, including dizziness, periarthritis, lower back pain, headache, cervical spondylosis, tonsillitis, and so on. I was known at work for always being sick.

The very day I started to practice Falun Dafa, I was able to lift up my arms. I experienced the power of Falun Dafa and developed a firm belief in the practice. Not long afterwards, through studying the Fa and doing the exercises, I recovered from all my illnesses.

People who knew how sick I was in the past all thought that my health would deteriorate day by day, and some even thought I had passed away long ago. 

One day I bumped into a former colleague. She was so surprised to see me still alive! She could not believe that I was not only alive but also very healthy. I told her how I regained my health through practicing Dafa. She said she would never again believe the lies told by the CCP.

Last year, I went to a local hospital to visit a friend. One the way, I saw a man pushing his bike hard on an upward slope. I went over to give him a hand, but he said coldly, “I don't need your help. You never stop talking from morning until evening.” I realized that he was referring to our efforts in persuading people to quit the CCP. I remained calm and kept helping him push his bike.

I said, “You were rude to me, but I don't mind and still help you. Other people wouldn’t be able to do this, but I'm a Dafa practitioner. Can't you see what we do is for your sake?” He listened and thought what I said made sense. I kept clarifying the truth to him and encouraged him to quit the CCP, which he did.

There was a stubborn woman who refused to quit the CCP each time I clarified the facts to her. I did not give up on her and persevered. I tried to help her understand the importance of quitting the CCP each time I saw her. When I talked to her for the twelfth time, she finally realized that I truly wanted the best for her, and she agreed to quit the CCP.

My Mother-in-Law Obtained the Fa at the Age of 85

My name is Qiu, and I'm 61 years old. My mother-in-law is 86 now and lives with her youngest son, my husband's brother. His wife passed away 17 years ago. He works in a shrimp factory and is busy all day long, so my mother-in-law had to help with all the house chores year in, year out. Over time, she became hunchbacked and had difficulty walking. She could not even lift her feet high enough to go over the threshold.

Then, my mother-in-law suffered a brain hemorrhage and was hospitalized for two weeks. She could not take care of herself, so she had to stay with her elder daughter's family. When it was close to New Year's time, her youngest son took her back. He was so stressed as he had to work hard and take care of his mom at the same time that his blood pressure reading went up to 220/180. 

My husband and I went to visit my mother-in-law around New Year's. She had to use a tube to drink water and relieve herself on a mobile toilet. When my brother-in-law went to work, she had to stay home all by herself. 

My husband is the second son in the family, and because he married me as a live-in son-in-law, my mother-in-law didn't give us anything when we got married. But I'm now a Dafa practitioner, and I should always consider the needs of others first. So, we decided to take my mother-in-law to our place so that we could take care of her. 

Thinking that her youngest son didn't want her anymore, my mother-in-law got really upset and cried a lot at night. My husband told her that we only wanted to help. She said she would only stay with us for half a month or 10 days. My husband said, “No problem. You can come back any time you like.” 

So, one day in early May, 2018, my brother-in-law brought his mom to our place. She brought with her some medication and eye drops. My brother-in-law left 3,000 yuan to buy medicine for his mom.

Starting on May 13, I played Master Li's recorded lectures for my mother-in-law. About 40 days later, she stopped taking medication and using eye drops. Then, 60 days later, her hunched back became straight again. She was so happy and said, “This practice is good. I will keep it up.” Gradually, she was able to look after herself.

Some fellow practitioners encouraged my mother-in-law to learn the Falun Dafa exercises. At the beginning, she could only do the exercises while sitting down, then she tried to do them by leaning against the bed. Her movements were not that accurate, either. Every time she did the exercises, her sweat soaked her clothes, but she kept practicing. Three days later, she said she could hear sound and could see something rotating. I told her all these were good signs. A few more days later, my mother-in-law told me that she had had a period again, only slightly. When I helped her walk, she said her feet felt as if they were being scratched by a small knife. She was also sweating a lot. 

One day, she told me she felt dizzy, and her dentures fell out. She didn't eat or drink for three days. I asked if she wanted to take medication or call her youngest son. She told me not to call him, saying, “He wouldn't understand.” Later, she could eat again and started to do the sitting meditation with me. She could sit cross-legged for a whole hour without feeling any pain. Falun Dafa is truly amazing!

Later, my brother-in-law got married again, and his new wife kept their home nice and clean. They came to take my mother-in-law back to their place. My mother-in-law walked down the stairs easily, and we only needed to help a little bit. My brother-in-law tried to give me 3,000 yuan, but I did not accept the money. 

Later my brother-in-law told me that his mom got up at 3:00 a.m. to do the Dafa exercises. Her grandchildren all said, “Just leave grandma alone and let her do the exercises.”