(Minghui.org) A woman in Changchun City, Jilin Province is facing trial for her faith in Falun Gong, a spiritual discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

Ms. Wang Yilin was arrested on April 20, 2019, for talking to people in a park about the persecution of Falun Gong. The police approved her arrest on May 17, accusing her of “undermining law enforcement with a cult organization,” a standard pretext used by authorities to frame and imprison Falun Gong practitioners.

Prosecutor Zhang Xiao at Chaoyang District Procuratorate indicted Ms. Wang on July 14, 2019, three days after the police submitted her case.

Zhang claimed that Ms. Wang's case was very serious, because they found long audio files related to Falun Gong in the three flash drives confiscated from her bag.

Daughter Shocked to Find Herself Listed as Prosecution Witness

Shortly after Ms. Wang's arrest, her daughter was informed by the police to claim her belongings at the police station. The police asked her whether Ms. Wang went out very often. The daughter replied that she wasn't very clear about her mother's daily schedule as they didn't live together.

Ms. Wang's daughter was later shocked to find herself listed as a witness against her mother by the police, just because she had signed on the property claim form for her mother.

Another witness listed by the police against Ms. Wang was a Falun Gong practitioner who was arrested with her but was released on bail due to her medical condition.

While this practitioner never answered any questions for the police or provided them with any information, the police also listed her as a witness against Ms. Wang.

Three other witnesses were people who reported Ms. Wang to the police upon seeing her talking to people about Falun Gong.

Persecuted for Upholding the Faith that Transformed Her Life

Ms. Wang used to suffer from severe chronic headaches. She sometimes resorted to hitting her head against the wall to alleviate the pain. No painkiller worked on her.

After she took up Falun Gong, however, her symptoms disappeared and she never had headaches again.

With the improvement of her health, she also became more gentle and considerate. As the oldest child of her parents, she diligently cared for her cancer-stricken mother until she passed away.

Because she refused to give up practicing Falun Gong, she was given one year of forced labor in 2003 and forced to live away from home for three years upon release to avoid more persecution.

She was constantly monitored and harassed by the authorities upon returning home in 2007.

Related report:Grandmother-to-be Arrested for Her Faith in Falun Gong

Related article in Chinese:长春法轮功学员王艺霖遭迫害事实